View Poll Results: What plan/carrier are you using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T GoPhone

13 68.42%
  • Straight Talk

2 10.53%
  • Net10/RedPocket/H20 (comments)

1 5.26%
  • AIO Wireless

3 15.79%
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: AIO Wireless - My Review

Feedback Score
    Its too bad that you can't get the $40 plan with the AIO Wireless branded smartphones. I guess they want their phone subsidy back quickly. However, I think that many customers would get in the door on the $40 plan and quickly use up their 250mb high speed data quota fast and quickly upgrade to the $55.00 plan .

I think that MetroPCS (T-mobile) is handling things much better.

"On another note.. I would walk into AIO right now to buy the Lumia 620 if I could use the $40 plan with it.
    But $55 is not such a great deal really. I would just rather get the Lumia 521 on MetroPCS for $40 unlimited"
    Last edited by bamx2; 08-16-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    Its too bad that you can't get the $40 plan with the AIO Wireless smartphones. I guess they want their phone subsidy back quickly. However, I think that many customers would get in the door on the $40 plan and quickly use up their 250mb high speed data quota fast and quickly upgrade to the $55.00 plan .

I think that MetroPCS (T-mobile) is handling things much better.

"On another note.. I would walk into AIO right now to buy the Lumia 620 if I could use the $40 plan with it.
    But $55 is not such a great deal really. I would just rather get the Lumia 521 on MetroPCS for $40 unlimited"
    I'm using the 40 plan on a smartphone

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (AIO Wireless)
    Feedback Score
    Well I decided to give AIO a try since they are in Atlanta...and I had a spare unlocked Iphone 4S lying around, as I am tired of paying Verizon $120 a month for the privilege of having an Iphone 4 through them, and putting up with SLOOOOW 3G CDMA speed, and am clinging to a legacy unlimited plan. (I do have another basic phone on that account).

Anyway, the only gripe I have is all the AIO "Stores" (which are dealers) is they are all located on the east side of Atlanta, and I live in Cobb county, the closest one is a semi-decent part of town is in Duluth. A good 30 miles away. AIO is advertising heavily in my county, with billboards up around KSU, but no place to buy a SIM card!

That being said, the people were very nice in the store. Got in an out in about 15 minutes. I just bought a straight up SIM card for 9.99, and paid for the 55.00 a month 2GB plan- they did NOT charge a $25 activation fee. I had a working Iphone 4S on AIO in about 10 minutes. So far, so good. My observations:

Works as it should, visual voicemail, data, MMS, all work. No having to change APN settings or anything. Data is like night and day compared to Verizon's pathetic 3G network, yes I know AIO is going through a proxy, but I get an average of 3-5MB down, and 2-3 up, with ping times in the 150-300ms range. No problems streaming radio, or netflix. Much better than I ever can with Verizon. voice coverage is superb, as is being able to simultaneous voice and data, something that I cannot do with Verizon.

I will run this for a month, if it works out, I will have a Verizon Iphone 4S 16GB for sale soon! So far, I am impressed.

Feedback Score
    Aio Wireless lowers price of no contract Nokia Lumia 620 to $99.99

http://www.neowin.net/news/aio-wirel...ia-620-to-9999

In May, AT&T started up a new wireless carrier subsidiary called Aio Wireless, which offered a number of phones with no long contracts for cheap prices. One of them was the Nokia Lumia 620, which was priced at the time for $179.99, and remains an exclusive in the US to Aio Wireless. Today, it was revealed that the price of the smartphone from the carrier has been sliced down to a even cheaper $99.99.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (AIO Wireless)
    Feedback Score
    something else I noticed, when I am using my AIO Iphone, it automatically authenticates when wi-fi is on at places with at&t wi-fi hotspots like McDonald's, bypassing their captive portal. My Iphone is a factory unlocked one that was bought at the Apple store in Buckhead, so I'm guessing they are authenticating it based on the active SIM being provisioned on at&t? IDK, but it works, and it's a nice perk, keeps you on wi-fi as much as possible, and bypasses that annoying captive portal crap. Anyone else experience this when using AIO sim cards in their Iphones? (no I do not have the AIO wifi finder app installed).

Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Man up and drive into the "rough" part of the town!

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (AIO Wireless)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M. L. View Post
    Man up and drive into the "rough" part of the town!
    Not trying to sound crass, but where a couple of their stores are located in Atlanta (specifically West End Mall and Greenbriar Mall) you will be lucky to have your phone with you if you make it out of there. I'm not kidding. These aren't exactly the most up and coming parts of Atlanta and are not very safe, especially if you are not familiar with the area and your surroundings. I know these areas very well from working the streets in public safety. Not a place I would venture on my off time.

They would do very well out in the western and northern burbs, all these parents who's kids have disposable income, and AIO plans will be what alot of my friends and co-workers with children want: flat rate pricing on a well established network in this area. AT&T and Verizon do a far better job coverage wise out this way, and especially the further out from downtown Atlanta you go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000 View Post
    something else I noticed, when I am using my AIO Iphone, it automatically authenticates when wi-fi is on at places with at&t wi-fi hotspots like McDonald's, bypassing their captive portal. My Iphone is a factory unlocked one that was bought at the Apple store in Buckhead, so I'm guessing they are authenticating it based on the active SIM being provisioned on at&t? IDK, but it works, and it's a nice perk, keeps you on wi-fi as much as possible, and bypasses that annoying captive portal crap. Anyone else experience this when using AIO sim cards in their Iphones? (no I do not have the AIO wifi finder app installed).
    I'm using the HTC one and experienced the same.

Feedback Score
    Is the coverage area for AIO the same as GoPhone or better? Can you roam like on postpaid At&t?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by otrmouse View Post
    Is the coverage area for AIO the same as GoPhone or better? Can you roam like on postpaid At&t?
    I'm using it in Alaska.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's the same.

Quote Originally Posted by otrmouse View Post

Feedback Score
    I purchased a Samsung Amp and the $55.00 a month package and it's been 4 days now and with NO SERVICE.! I get tons of promises.
    First, I sat in their office two (2) different times to sit and wait for 1 1/2 hours. Waiting for their system to come back on line. Although my bank account was debited immediately for the sum of $184.99. The best answer they could give me is wait for the money to be placed back into my bank account and go through the complete process again. This company has very poor customer service and I wouyld not use them to take out my trash. I am very dissatisfied by their customer service and their responses. Unreal, for a new up-start company.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasmo78 View Post
    I purchased a Samsung Amp and the $55.00 a month package and it's been 4 days now and with NO SERVICE.! I get tons of promises.
    First, I sat in their office two (2) different times to sit and wait for 1 1/2 hours. Waiting for their system to come back on line. Although my bank account was debited immediately for the sum of $184.99. The best answer they could give me is wait for the money to be placed back into my bank account and go through the complete process again. This company has very poor customer service and I wouyld not use them to take out my trash. I am very dissatisfied by their customer service and their responses. Unreal, for a new up-start company.
    My customer service experience with them was great. They even called back as promised and on time. Have zero issues since my phone has been activated 5 months ago.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    has anyone successfully got an AIO phone unlocked? I'm not in an AIO area and have no plans to use their service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ivaz View Post
    has anyone successfully got an AIO phone unlocked? I'm not in an AIO area and have no plans to use their service.
    What's the benefit of buying their phone?

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast