View Poll Results: What plan/carrier are you using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T GoPhone

13 68.42%
  • Straight Talk

2 10.53%
  • Net10/RedPocket/H20 (comments)

1 5.26%
  • AIO Wireless

3 15.79%
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: AIO Wireless - My Review

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (AIO Wireless)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    My customer service experience with them was great. They even called back as promised and on time. Have zero issues since my phone has been activated 5 months ago.

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.
    Same here. They actually called me the next day to make sure my service was working. What prepaid provider does that?

I would recommend reaching out to them on social media, they are a small operation, from what I have heard, the problems are few and far between, and the management team is very responsive, as they are in the middle of a nationwide rollout and the last thing they want is bad PR.

Feedback Score
    I am guessing - convenience and subsidizing pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    What's the benefit of buying their phone?

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    their phones are not subsidized, they are a prepaid phone company. They have models you cannot get elsewhere in the US.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000 View Post
    Not trying to sound crass, but where a couple of their stores are located in Atlanta (specifically West End Mall and Greenbriar Mall) you will be lucky to have your phone with you if you make it out of there. I'm not kidding. These aren't exactly the most up and coming parts of Atlanta and are not very safe, especially if you are not familiar with the area and your surroundings. I know these areas very well from working the streets in public safety. Not a place I would venture on my off time.

They would do very well out in the western and northern burbs, all these parents who's kids have disposable income, and AIO plans will be what alot of my friends and co-workers with children want: flat rate pricing on a well established network in this area. AT&T and Verizon do a far better job coverage wise out this way, and especially the further out from downtown Atlanta you go.
    You are either crass or afraid of black folks... I lived in East Point, GA and I'm very familiar with those two malls. Even as a female, I've never had a problem walking around my Samsung devices, neither has my 65 year old dad with his iPhone. I understand some folks may be uncomfortable in those neighborhoods, but I vehemently disagree that the general public would be unsafe visiting an Aio store. The ATT marketing folks aren't mistaken, those stores should do very well. I expect that they will eventually expand to areas higher on the social economic scale, but from what's been reported on this forum, in the cities (Miami, Atlanta, LA) I'm familiar enough with to have an opinion on, it seems they are targeting middle and working class neighborhoods first. They may be doing this to avoid sabotaging their postpaid business.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    it is no secret that AIO panders to minorities. Go look at their community blog and events page and you will see they sponsor lots of minority events. I've studied where they are opening new locations and all overlay perfectly with the latest census maps that show high minority growth. It is actually quite insulting if you think about it. They are basically saying minorities aren't good enough for regular ATT service so here are these stores with a latin based name ("aye-o") that you can go to. It reminds me of those '90s Mcdonalds commercials that pandered to black people and the recent ones that pander to Hispanics.

Feedback Score
    This is day (5) no call backs from AIO, No returned money, No Service....! Just a DEAD PHONE.! This place AIO is such a Rip-Off..!
    Buyer Beware..! Stay Away from AIO, unbelievable..! These Guys are losers..! I called the corporate office to only get a recorded message, that takes you bacyk to their helpless (useless) Customer Service Department. I contacted them yet again to only get a semi-promise that it would be Escalated to their supervisor and I would receive a call back from them within 24 hours. Well, it's been longer and want to guess if I got a call back as yet? (No) What a COMPLETE Rip-Off.! I would never use these guys, stay to the mainstream cellular services. These guys SUCK..!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasmo78 View Post
    I purchased a Samsung Amp and the $55.00 a month package and it's been 4 days now and with NO SERVICE.! I get tons of promises.
    First, I sat in their office two (2) different times to sit and wait for 1 1/2 hours. Waiting for their system to come back on line. Although my bank account was debited immediately for the sum of $184.99. The best answer they could give me is wait for the money to be placed back into my bank account and go through the complete process again. This company has very poor customer service and I wouyld not use them to take out my trash. I am very dissatisfied by their customer service and their responses. Unreal, for a new up-start company.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not just AIO, but prepaid in general. These companies pander to the most likely people to need cheap service/no credit check/cheap phones. It's also where they target their advertisements. This is how boost mobile does it in Chicago. I work in bad neighborhoods (truck driver) and every sign and every bus stop ad is boost mobile. There's also no boost stores outside of the city. It's selective marketing. These billion dollar companies know what they're doing.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ivaz View Post
    it is no secret that AIO panders to minorities. Go look at their community blog and events page and you will see they sponsor lots of minority events. I've studied where they are opening new locations and all overlay perfectly with the latest census maps that show high minority growth. It is actually quite insulting if you think about it. They are basically saying minorities aren't good enough for regular ATT service so here are these stores with a latin based name ("aye-o") that you can go to. It reminds me of those '90s Mcdonalds commercials that pandered to black people and the recent ones that pander to Hispanics.
    No, they're saying minorities use Boost and other MVNO's and they want to get their piece of that market.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    so they use the same pandering tactics as Boost? Yeah that's real classy.

Feedback Score
    Marketing is pandering. Welcome to business.

Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure that they would be more than glad to have the minorities sign up for regular at&t service at a much higher rate plan but since they haven't for whatever reason it appears at&t has chosen to actually make a higher effort to gain these customers by creating a product that may actually be more appealing to these customers. Your making out like they have chosen not to service these customers with their regular at&t service plans but instead have created this offshoot plan in order to keep these minorities off their more desirable product when in reality they saw that there was a market that wasn't interested in their regular product line and spent money to bring a product to the market that they would desire. Companies the size of at&t don't care what color a consumer is, they only care about the color of their money. I live in a rural area that is 500 yds from where at&t dsl landlines run so I can't get their service at my house but they don't care enough about rural consumers to even bother offering us service at all so in reality we should be more offended than a minority group who they created an entire discounted product line just to attract their business for.

Sent from my XT862 using HowardForums
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's because postpaid runs credit. Bad credit? Deposits can be outrageous. Could be $500/line. Plus the phone, and $100/month for 2 years. Postpaid is ridiculous. It's nice that prepaid service/phones is finally on-par with postpaid. You want an iPhone 5 with LTE? You can finally do it, and not be locked down to these fat cat companies for 2 years.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Cricket)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, because you bashing AIO in every post you make is so much classier...

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000 View Post
    Anyway, the only gripe I have is all the AIO "Stores" (which are dealers) is they are all located on the east side of Atlanta, and I live in Cobb county, the closest one is a semi-decent part of town is in Duluth. A good 30 miles away. AIO is advertising heavily in my county, with billboards up around KSU, but no place to buy a SIM card!
    The store locator on the AIO site shows a location up in Woodstock on 92. Maybe it just opened?

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (AIO Wireless)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afblangley View Post
    You are either crass or afraid of black folks... I lived in East Point, GA and I'm very familiar with those two malls. Even as a female, I've never had a problem walking around my Samsung devices, neither has my 65 year old dad with his iPhone. I understand some folks may be uncomfortable in those neighborhoods, but I vehemently disagree that the general public would be unsafe visiting an Aio store. The ATT marketing folks aren't mistaken, those stores should do very well. I expect that they will eventually expand to areas higher on the social economic scale, but from what's been reported on this forum, in the cities (Miami, Atlanta, LA) I'm familiar enough with to have an opinion on, it seems they are targeting middle and working class neighborhoods first. They may be doing this to avoid sabotaging their postpaid business.
    East Point, the same city missing over 200 million dollars in taxpayer money...great city.
    I am not afraid of black folks, I date black women...I love everyone. and working for over 15 years in public safety I also know what areas are safe and which ones aren't. West End Mall is NOT safe nor family friendly for anyone of any race. It's the hood. Call it what it is. We have places like that in Cobb county too- Franklin Road comes to mind. I don't go on calls there alone either. Sorry but my safety is my priority, if PD rolls in 3 deep on calls, you think I'm gonna hop out of my truck when there are shots fired? Not this guy. Google West End Mall shooting and Greenbriar Mall shooting and see for yourself, I worked the call where APD officer got shot myself:

http://www.google.com/#fp=e9d909f926...+mall+shooting

http://www.google.com/#fp=e9d909f926...+mall+shooting

So I am glad you feel safe where police officers get shot, teenagers have been killed and sexually assaulted, and people walk around with no respect for women, children or each other. I personally don't know how any business can operate in a war zone like this. It is what it is. Sometimes you have to call the baby ugly. As a reasonable person, I will not subject myself to areas where I may be harmed. The statistics show I am more likely to be robbed, assaulted or shot at at West End or Greenbriar, than Cumberland Mall, Town Center or North Point. FBI crime statistics don't lie and neither do 15 years of working EMS in this city.

If AIO chooses thinks there is a market there, I hope it works out. They are competing head to head with Metro PCS. But here on the west suburbs they have plenty of billboards up on Cobb Parkway with no stores in sight for 30 miles. People in the suburbs are NOT gonna drive into the hood to get shot at or stabbed to get a cellphone.
    Call me whatever names you want, I am just the messenger. Sorry you don't like the message. The truth hurts sometimes.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast