Thread: how do i tell gsm from cdma on the phones

Feedback Score

how do i tell gsm from cdma on the phones

so I'm about to sign up to straight talk. I want to buy a phone. How do I know whether the phone is a GSM or CDMA phone? Also, has anyone ever talked to a human at Straight Talk??

Feedback Score
    Well i have talk to human on straight talk and to tell you the truth i rather have lemon squeezed on my eyes than talk to st customer support, well not that bad depends who's on duty there are some reps that have some knowledge , but far and few, as for you're question the phone if you buy it from Walmart it will say in the package CDMA or gsm also another way to tell is if the box is z showing a blue map is gsm running on the at&t network if the map is red is running on Verizon the phone is CDMA. Here in the states att and tmobile are gsm while Verizon and Sprint are cdma i hope that helped you out.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score

how do i tell gsm from cdma phone

Quote Originally Posted by irongiant369 View Post
    Well i have talk to human on straight talk and to tell you the truth i rather have lemon squeezed on my eyes than talk to st customer support, well not that bad depends who's on duty there are some reps that have some knowledge , but far and few, as for you're question the phone if you buy it from Walmart it will say in the package CDMA or gsm also another way to tell is if the box is z showing a blue map is gsm running on the at&t network if the map is red is running on Verizon the phone is CDMA. Here in the states att and tmobile are gsm while Verizon and Sprint are cdma i hope that helped you out.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Hey, thanks for this answer. However, I am wanting to buy a phone off the ST website. Maybe it is better to buy one at Walmart???

Feedback Score
    I think you're better off since there isn't an easy way to tell which phone is gsm and which is not from their pics on the st website. Good luck

Sent with the HoFo App