Thread: Can I get new phone and BeyondTalk, and keep the old PayLo too?

Feedback Score

Can I get new phone and BeyondTalk, and keep the old PayLo too?

My balance is almost high enough for a new Samsung Victory, I know I'll have to switch to BeyondTalk. Will I be able to start a new account with the new phone and keep the old one active or will my old PayLo grandfathered $20/90 day plan have to be deactivated when I activate the new phone? Just wondering if they are linked somehow since I'll be buying it with my account balance?

I'd like to keep the old one for at least the additional 90 days it will be active. (I'll be taking my elderly mother on a vacation trip and would like her to have a phone on her if we get separated.)

Thanks!
    Laura

Feedback Score
    Oh, not worried about porting my number - only four or five people have it anyway.

And I hope my Mother never sees this - she'll kick my a$$ for calling her elderly.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You will be able to activate the Victory with a new number if you choose. Simply buying it with your account balance shouldn't keep it tied to that account.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I agree. I have purchased a phone with money from one account and used it to create another account, without any impact on the original account (other than the cost of the phone being deducted, of course).

On a related note, I also have a grandfathered $20/90 days paylo plan, but my phone isn't working very well. Can I get a new paylo phone and switch to that new phone, and keep the same plan? Or would I lose my grandfathering and be forced into the $20 monthly plan? Thanks.