Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Planned Network Upgrades - Updates

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound T¡Ther
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Planned Network Upgrades - Updates

New Sites
    •238 MELICK AVE - EARLY AUGUST
    •WATER TOWER IN KEEWATIN AREA - COMPLETE

Increased Capacity on New Sites
    •WATER TOWER IN KEEWATIN AREA - MID JULY
    •DOWNTOWN KENORA, LAURENSON DRIVE - COMPLETE

Increased Capacity on Existing Sites
    •VALLEY DRIVE (NORTH OF DOWNTOWN KENORA) - COMPLETE
    •TUNNEL ISLAND (BETWEEN KENORA AND KEEWATIN) - COMPLETE

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound T¡Ther
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Completed

•AMBER DRIVE - NEW TOWER
    •NEEBING SOUTH (1473 ROSSLYN RD) - CELLULAR ON WHEELS
    •NEEBING - EXISTING NEEBING SITE - INCREASED ANTENNA HEIGHT
    •MANION COURT(130 DONALD ST W) - ROOF TOP
    •MARINA - ROOF TOP - ADDING ADDITIONAL CAPACITY

Planned
    •SHEBANDOWAN (ROSSMERE) - END OF JULY
    •KASHABOWIE (COLOCATE SITE) - END OF JULY
    •INTOLA RD - ATTACH TO EXISTING TOWER - END OF JULY
    •WARDROP & ONION LAKE RD - NEW TOWER - END OF AUGUST
    •PAQUETTE RD - ATTACH TO EXISTING TOWER - END OF AUGUST
    •TBRHSC HOSPITAL - ROOFTOP - END OF AUGUST
    •HILL ST (CKPR) - ATTACH TO EXISTING TOWER - END OF AUGUST
    •LIMBRICK ST - NEW TOWER - EARLY SEPTEMBER
    •GORHAM ST (HALFWAY MOTORS) - NEW TOWER - MID SEPTEMBER
    •GARDEN AVE - CELLULAR ON WHEELS - END OF SEPTEMBER
    •VALLEYVIEW MOTEL - ATTACH TO EXISTING TOWER - END OF AUGUST
    •JOHN ST/CREEKSIDE - NEW TOWER - END OF AUGUST

Feedback Score
    I believe all the planned Kenora builds and upgrades have been completed. Last I heard they were doing some antenna tilts.
    My posts are in no way intended to represent or promote the views of any service provide, dealer or manufacturer.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Completed - Updated October 2

•AMBER DRIVE - NEW TOWER
    •KASHABOWIE - COLOCATE SITE
    •NEEBING SOUTH (1473 ROSSLYN RD) - CELLULAR ON WHEELS
    •NEEBING - EXISTING NEEBING SITE - INCREASED ANTENNA HEIGHT
    •MANION COURT(130 DONALD ST W) - ROOF TOP
    •MARINA - ROOF TOP - ADDED ADDITIONAL CAPACITY
    •SHEBANDOWAN (ROSSMERE) - NEW TOWER

Planned - Updated October 2

•INTOLA RD - ATTACH TO EXISTING TOWER - EARLY OCTOBER
    •WARDROP & ONION LAKE RD - NEW TOWER - MID OCTOBER
    •TBRHSC HOSPITAL - ROOFTOP - MID OCTOBER
    •HILL ST (CKPR) - ATTACH TO EXISTING TOWER - LATE OCTOBER
    •GARDEN AVE - CELLULAR ON WHEELS - LATE OCTOBER
    •VALLEYVIEW MOTEL - ATTACH TO EXISTING TOWER - LATE OCTOBER
    •JOHN ST/CREEKSIDE - NEW TOWER - EARLY NOVEMBER
    •PAQUETTE RD - ATTACH TO EXISTING TOWER - MID NOVEMBER
    •GORHAM ST (HALFWAY MOTORS) - NEW TOWER - MID NOVEMBER
    •LIMBRICK ST - NEW TOWER - MID NOVEMBER
    http://www.tbaytel.net/personal/mobi...ore/networknow

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Western Upgrades

Completed Network Upgrades - Updated August 29

•BATCHAWANA
    •HEYDEN

Completed Network Upgrades - Updated August 22

New Sites
    •SAPAWE (EAST OF ATIKOKAN)
    •SEINE RIVER (EAST OF MINE CENTRE)

•BURRIS
    •CROZIER (FORT FRANCES AREA)

Kenora Upgrades

Tbaytel is proud to announce the completion of our network updates in Kenora.

New Sites
    •238 MELICK AVE
    •WATER TOWER IN KEEWATIN AREA
    •DOWNTOWN KENORA, LAURENSON DRIVE

•VALLEY DRIVE (NORTH OF DOWNTOWN KENORA)
    •TUNNEL ISLAND (BETWEEN KENORA AND KEEWATIN)

Eastern Upgrades

Completed Network Upgrades - Updated August 29

•SOUTH GILLIES

Completed Network Upgrades - Updated August 22

New Sites
    •MCQUESTON (NORTHEAST OF GERALDTON)
    •TAFFY LAKE (EAST OF LONGLAC)
    •SANTOY (WEST OF LITTLE SANTOY)
    •YAK LAKE (GERALDTON CBC)

•GOULAIS RIVER (NORTH OF SAULT STE. MARIE)
    •PAJU (RED ROCK & NIPIGON REGION)

Feedback Score
    I have very few complaints with TBay TEL -- main one -- supply LTE sims and work with Rogers to give us access when traveling and the other -- several places like Nakina and Sioux Lookout need better coverage and of course Pickle Lake -- any coverage ---

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    LTE sims and Mutual roaming access is coming soon.
    I agree it would be qauint jk to have Tbaytel access at The End Of The Road
    Rumour has it that Pickle Lake has a site being built. I hate to admit its Bell which seems a strange place for Bell to deploy being 6 hours north of Thunder Bay.
    As for NWO coverage Tbaytel is the Best Choice and in most cases the Only Choice

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie View Post
    Do you have any more details and timing on this?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cst View Post
    Do you have any more details and timing on this?
    Its Hush Hush and awaiting trials before full deployment.
    Wish List for Christmas network Lights Up.

Feedback Score
    I hate to admit its Bell which seems a strange place for Bell to deploy being 6 hours north of Thunder Bay.
    -- While this seems stranger than fiction we have all been surprised by absurdity. Canada must be one of the only countries in existence where one needs to carry more than one cell phone to be able to get coverage in populated areas --

I was loving my financial freedom with TBay Tel avec their package of a lifetime but now it appears I will be back to 2 phones (because of Yellowknife and possibly Pickle Lake and certainly BC interior - not to mention 2G coverage in Sask.) I'm under the impression that "mobile phones" in canada have dropped the idea of mobile(if they ever had it) and have evolved into wireless home based --

Long distance charges should be eliminated and has anyone ever thought of putting mobile phones on their own area code -- make a national code --

I don't do contracts, my phones are bought outright and are always unlocked and rooted -- my plans always have unlimited calling, long distance and messaging with as much DATA, preferably 6 gigs, as I can squeeze -- tethering is thirsty -- this wish list eliminates me from using the "big" 3 -- I can never figure out why they are the ones that gouge people the most

No one should be using the main brand name carriers -- their discount agents are far better and it amazes me why anyone would ignore this -- as for me I have my deal with TBayTel and for $50 bucks a month they have me for life or until they decide to pry it from my fingers -- for anywhere else in Canada (outside of NWO) Virgin has the best deals and to be honest until TBayTel came out with their promotion I was a Fido customer because of the unlimited calling -

It's taken me a few years to get a handle on the cellular biz in Canada and there have been some financial surprises as well -- the answer to saving money and full service is your own device and no contracts - unlocked and local sim cards if you are out of country

recently my daughter went to Peru -- I left her phone on (rogers) for her day of arrival and then suspended it -- on entering the country there was some confusion with permits and such so she was forced to use her phone for several txt messages and one email -- sms messaging $40 which I was prepared for -- one email -- 2.5 megs (with attachment) $60 was the surprise (what is Roger's share --??) -- local sim card in Peru 300 minutes and 1 gig data about $15 -- free VOIP calling back to Canada

-- UK -- 3mobile 15 quid for a month with 300 minutes and unlimited Data -- USA Roam Mobility roammobility.com uses T-Mobile network -- so some holes in the coverage but cheap and free calls - even back to Canada -- for extended stays in USA use someone like Consumer Cellular who use the AT&T network --

So to end this rambling -- as always -- consumer beware but do your investigation -- stay away from contracts and unlock your phone -- just google it and there are several services out there -- money well spent but shop around and check the fine print and see if they have any customer complaints -- google is a wonderful tool if you use it right --

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie View Post
    I agree it would be qauint jk to have Tbaytel access at The End Of The Road
    Rumour has it that Pickle Lake has a site being built. I hate to admit its Bell which seems a strange place for Bell to deploy being 6 hours north of Thunder Bay.
    As for NWO coverage Tbaytel is the Best Choice and in most cases the Only Choice
    Not sure where the Bell rumour came from. If I was a betting man, I would put my money on Knet, they already service a number of reserves in Northern Ontario with GSM service.

Feedback Score
    TelecomZombie,

Can you confirm that the native TBaytel towers in Northern Ontario broadcast Rogers MNC-MCC so AT&T users can roam? In simpler terms, can international users (e.g. AT&T/T-Mobile subscribers) roam on the TBaytel network in Canada? How do Rogers users roam?

Reason I ask is for the AT&T Canada page:
    http://www.wireless.att.com/travelgu...L=124&MNC=CING

AT&T only lists direct GSM/WCDMA links to Bell, Telus, Rogers, Sasktel and Dryden Mobility (now dead). If TBaytel uses a MOCN concept like Bell/Telus/Sasktel and broadcasts the Rogers MCC-MNC that means international users like AT&T can roam because the phone will connect to the Rogers network via TBaytel due to the extensive AT&T and Rogers relationship.

Just looking out for coverage in the unlikely case I need to use my phone while roaming LOL.

You will be happy to note that here south of the border AT&T has done fiber back-haul and upgrading their rural sites in Northern MI and the UP to the latest UMTS/HSPA+.

Feedback Score
    I can confirm tbaytel phones roam on AT&T and AT&T phones roam on tbaytel.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwotraveler View Post
    Not sure where the Bell rumour came from. If I was a betting man, I would put my money on Knet, .......
    I was in a generous mood towards Bell after being told about site by a Pickle Lake local. Going to be a big deal to have Cellular service finally. Even more coverage call wise for tbaytel customers!

Feedback Score
    Well I'm back to carrying 2 phones(Virgin and TBayTel) - seems that is the only way to get coverage right across canada - but hey with some shopping around managed to get (combined) 11 gb data unlimited calling,long distance(even USA with TBay) and messaging plus voice mail caller ID etc for a grand total of $100/month -- ($50/TbayTel and $49 at Virgin) rogers and bell charge that for a single account for the same thing --

Pickle Lake is going to be Bell which is going to upset all the Pickle Lake locals who are locked in with TBayTel -- Bell network is back in Dryden and I hear rumours of it extending to Sioux Lookout -- the CDMA never left but who carries a CDMA phone anymore -- Unfortunately for TBayTel the Bell network out performs it in DATA transfer by a consistent 2 to 1 (HSPA+) lets not even talk about LTE --

I have compared plans at AT&T and other American carriers to that of Canada - while the prices are similar the one glaring difference is no long distance charges -- this is an area where the Canadian big 3 have been gouging us - why is it the "discount carriers" - who are owned by the "big 3" offer long distance included --

Interesting to see how pay as you go has evolved south of the border - AT&T have eliminated data from pay as you go and 10 cents a minute or $2/day for first transaction - no data -- TMobile $3/day for first transaction - unlimited call/txt (in USA) and 200 megs data (aprox)

TMobile is by far the best choice but limited coverage - Roam Mobility uses TMobile and is the best deal for Canadians -- calling and txt included back to Canada -- but again -- coverage only in major centres and poor coverage in Mn outside of MSP and Duluth

Secrets to reasonable rates in Canada -- for me at least

No Contracts of any kind
    Own your own Phone -- Unlock it and you are good to go to the best deal
    If you are an IPhone nut -- save up and by direct from Apple store to get the unlocked phone(after market unlocking is a pain and unstable-why would anyone want an IPhone) -- there is as good or better devices out there which are cheaper and easier to unlock --
    Watch for the promotions and jump on them
    With Virgin I was able to save $16/month and get 5gb of data instead of 500mb by simply getting a Manitoba number --

Did I mention NO CONTRACTS --

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast