Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: My Apn settings wont work anymore on my iphone 4 with Straight talk

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0

    My Apn settings wont work anymore on my iphone 4 with Straight talk

    I just bought an old at and t sim from last year for my iphone 4 and installed it with the Mvno settings that usually work and it worked for about 4 days then I noticed I could not send pic messages so i turned it to imessage and it then let me send picture messages but all the data and internet stopped working. now I cant find any settings that will turn my data back on. Did this happen because I used Imessage? What APN settings can I use to get my Data back on?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Search for a thread in this forum called "BYOD sim APN change rumor" for a possible solution to your problem.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,703
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobarto View Post
    Search for a thread in this forum called "BYOD sim APN change rumor" for a possible solution to your problem.
    there is only 2 apn setting for the byod sim program.

    here is the old one.and the one currently used on st branded phones
    NAME: Straight Talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: not set
    PORT: 80
    User name: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http: // mmsc. cingular . com :80
    MMS PROXY: 66.209.11.33
    MMS PORT: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: not set
    APN Type: not set

    here is the new ones used by byod only

    Nexus 4 APN:
    Name: ATT Phone
    APN: Phone
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,supl,mms (NO SPACES BETWEEN COMMAS)
    APN protocol: IPv4
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    APN enable/disable: APN enabled
    Bearer: unspecified

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    609
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    there is only 2 apn setting for the byod sim program.

    here is the old one.and the one currently used on st branded phones
    NAME: Straight Talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: not set
    PORT: 80
    User name: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http: // mmsc. cingular . com :80
    MMS PROXY: 66.209.11.33
    MMS PORT: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: not set
    APN Type: not set

    here is the new ones used by byod only

    Nexus 4 APN:
    Name: ATT Phone
    APN: Phone
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,supl,mms (NO SPACES BETWEEN COMMAS)
    APN protocol: IPv4
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    APN enable/disable: APN enabled
    Bearer: unspecified
    There is also a profile you can install on the iOS device that will fix this problem. Not sure if it supports MMS. I haven't tried it. Once I put in the ST ATT sim, I could no longer modify apn settings on my iPhone. I had to download a profile that the ST rep told me to use and it worked.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,703
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoo323 View Post
    There is also a profile you can install on the iOS device that will fix this problem. Not sure if it supports MMS. I haven't tried it. Once I put in the ST ATT sim, I could no longer modify apn settings on my iPhone. I had to download a profile that the ST rep told me to use and it worked.
    glad you got it fixed

Similar Threads

  1. Nextpimp Media Center Wont Work Anymore??
    By ENYCEx15 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 08:12 PM
  2. Data (GPRS Settings) Wont work (FIDO) w800i
    By babybel in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2005, 11:37 AM
  3. voice mail wont work anymore :(
    By SeANMcBAY in forum AT&T
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 02:04 PM
  4. Optiflash just wont work anymore
    By brainphuck in forum Samsung
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 07:43 PM
  5. V300 Screensaver wont work anymore..help
    By stuntboy in forum Motorola
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 06:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks