Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Moto X phone Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Moto X phone Pre-Release Thread

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score
    Not really anything surprising. Price seems to be higher than some had suspected, but that's probably more bad news than good as far as volume potential goes. All carrier launch as expected is good news though. Any info yet on how many SKUs are being used to cover everyone? Hoping single USA sku devices come soon.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I would like to know what the off contract price will be, not interested in buying it on contract.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    I would like to know what the off contract price will be, not interested in buying it on contract.
    More than any rumors had suggested. Probably $450-600. With no mSD option of any sort, I'm not even curious how nice it might be. If they do a Note targeting device I will be more curious, but unlikely buyer if there is no mSD.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it doesn't have an affordable off contract price, it's a big meh at its current price and specs.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    If it doesn't have an affordable off contract price, it's a big meh at its current price and specs.
    Yep. Possible low real total price was the only thing that was going to make this a hot item. I figured the new build approach and customizable nature were going to mean basic versions would be at low price points, but the contract prices seem to kill that idea. It will help Moto make money again finally I figure due to the 5 network single branding, but it's not going to move them into the major player market share position with Sammy and Apple they should be targeting.

Feedback Score
    Ah so the price will still be USD 199 on contract!! What about off contract prices??

EDIT: also, the customization tool will be available only for off contract units right? If not, how will it work?

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Last thing I need is another phone but I am going to go look at it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    No Moto X love for us europeans. But it seems Moto isn't forggeting about Europe!

No Moto X for the UK, other 'cool and exciting' devices in the portfolio planned for Europe

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jo_Ny View Post
    Ah so the price will still be USD 199 on contract!! What about off contract prices??

EDIT: also, the customization tool will be available only for off contract units right? If not, how will it work?
    Customization is exclusive to AT&T. They haven't mentioned Google selling an unlocked one directly. The off contract price from AT&T is $575 / $630, but that comes with AT&T bloatware.

Carrier(s)
    T Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    This phone is a complete fail on price even on contract.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    Customization is exclusive to AT&T. They haven't mentioned Google selling an unlocked one directly. The off contract price from AT&T is $575 / $630, but that comes with AT&T bloatware.
    Thanks.

Yeah I guess the rumours about a killer price tag were bogus.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
    This phone is a complete fail on price even on contract.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Yep

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Definitely a huge disappointment on price. I was hoping this to be price closer to $399 for 16GB and $449 for 32GB off contract prices. At this price it definitely would have been worth it.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Me three: Big FAIL["."]

Price was to be the key to success. Oh, well…

No SD. No 64GB IM. Presume polymer battery. No customization – for most of US, anyway.

When it comes to those "unique twists" that we mentioned in the beginning, the highlights include the Moto Maker portal, Touchless Control, Active Display and Quick Capture camera.
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...colors_id45961

Moto Maker portal: Four out of five carriers nixed it

Touchless Control "…adds a dedicated natural language processor" or, That Is To Say, adds a 24/7 bug listening to you chat with the dog in the morning, get chewed out by the boss after lunch, and make love to your wife at night. Don't worry though, you can't ever turn it off and the battery's not removable. You'll get used to it… Right.
    More seriously, I think these guys are using Orwell's 1984 as a textbook.

Active display: This could, perhaps, be useful. Nothing earth shaking, likely. We'll have to wait and see.

Lotsa good cameras around. If we're real lucky maybe now Moto will have one, too.

Just another also-ran nice handset. It's not gonna pull Moto out of any holes.
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 08-01-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast