Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Moto X phone Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    Moto Maker portal: Four out of five csrriers nixed it.
    Where do you get this from?

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    Customization is exclusive to AT&T. …
    OP links, too.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Feedback Score
    Moto Maker portal: Four out of five carriers nixed it.
    Or one demanded an exclusive for some time frame? AT&T seems to love to do this. OG iPhone was the big one, but even recent stuff like GS4 Active seem to utilize a similar tact.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    After all the hype this phone generated, I'm truly disappointed. It's average at best, regardless of how well the new X8 processing system works.

The 32gig version is exclusive to AT&T? Really? That's just incredibly stupid on Motorola and Google's part. Customization also exclusive to AT&T? Come on!

No removable battery, no expandable memory, 16gig memory stock at a price point of $199 on contract?

I for one will either buy a Sony Honami or LG G2 and likely pay the same price for literally twice the phone.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Well the specs were expected from all the leaks, so no big surprise (or disappointment) for me there.

I think the cuztomization freedom is actually pretty cool and inovative.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    Customization is exclusive to AT&T. They haven't mentioned Google selling an unlocked one directly. The off contract price from AT&T is $575 / $630, but that comes with AT&T bloatware.
    Is not customization a timed AT&T exclusive? And where does it state the off contract prices or are you just in the know?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...sories_id45965

It seems that the Moto X will not be short on accessories. It would be nice it if could get a case with a slideout keyboard.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    Is not customization a timed AT&T exclusive?
    This 'for a limited time only' idea is floating around. Anybody have a source?
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 08-03-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jo_Ny View Post
    …I think the cuztomization freedom is actually pretty cool and inovative.
    The concept is innovative and potentially promising, yes. But for this phone the implementation is purely cosmetic which limits its impact and usefulness.

The X could benefit tremendously from either internal or external storage customization options. A broadcast FM radio – or TV, even – tuner wouldn't have been difficult to implement, given that the "Motorola X8" SoC already has, for example, special Google mods for (power on or power off) 24/7 audio Google surveillance of anyone in its proximity. I'll betcha this handset has a really super microphone!

Feedback Score
    The concept is innovative and potentially promising, yes. But for this phone the implementation is purely cosmetic which limits its impact and usefulness.

The X could benefit tremendously from either internal or external storage customization options. A broadcast FM radio – or TV, even – tuner wouldn't have been difficult to implement, given that the "Motorola X8" SoC already has, for example, special Google mods for (power on or power off) 24/7 audio Google surveillance of anyone in its proximity. I'll betcha this handset has a really super microphone!
    I doubt that level of customization would be feasible.

Of course with the exterior customization you also have the other side of the coin, once cuztomized it stays like that forever. So if at some point in time you want to sell your device it will be a lot harder I guess.

Feedback Score
    I'm desperately trying to find the appeal of this device. Am I missing something here?

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Some reviewers seem to claim that it sorta grows on them by causing no annoyances. I really think as a MuCh more affordable device, that maybe ramps up in price only if you did Moto Maker would have been a lot more compelling. I have a feeling the networks are wildly against premium targeted devices that would be affordable without contract upgrades though is a lot of that issue. USA build probably doesn't help either.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    I think all four of these new GooMos are intended as 'starter' smartphones and are aimed squarely at the droves of cellular hoi polloi who would be equally content with a dumbphone except that the carriers want to cell data.

As such, they're overpriced.

I'm giving up on the GNote 3. All signs point to a 5.7" display which is not even 7% bigger. The early 6.3" rumors feel like bait-and-switch to me now. And I just can't yet get past that no-off-switch mike on the Snapdragon 800 SoC. Got a unique opportunity to take advantage of the current $200 N2 sale price at vzw — and keep UL. And it's likely Motorola won't enter the phablet fray before mid-'14 at the earliest, so I'm doin' it.
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 08-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Feedback Score
    Seems the X will be greatly overshadowed by the LG G2 even if it ends up priced the same. It's screen is almost as big as the Note, but is the size of the S4. Seemingly may have MicroSD also, but that is for the moment based on some Korean sourced specs and not verified for US market devices.....and this does happen as I think China HTC One's have removable back plate with removable battery and MicroSD or something. 3000mah battery and Optically stabilized camera are nice also. Where is the pre-release thread for it as the biggest news is that it will also match Moto, HTC, and Samsung with 4 carrier US launch.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the HTC One Max may be the wild card phablet at 6" with mSD. Maybe later, for me, as I'm shying away from the Snapdragon 800. Don't know that I could *ever* relax what with having Google ears in my pocket 24/7.

Feedback Score
    Interesting chat with a Moto engineer. Most of what he is saying is mostly true from a whats needed by most and an engineering solutions standpoint. I am just not sure these are things the consumers have been starving for or lured in by.

www.droid-life.com/2013/08/07/top-motorola-engineer-defends-moto-x-jabs-at-samsungs-not-true-1080p-display-calls-lcd-inferior-to-amoled-and-more/#more-116756

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast