Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: H20 Family plan

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

H20 Family plan

Most people don't know about H20 wireless family plan:

From prepaid news:
    AT&T MVNO H2O Wireless announced the availability of a new prepaid family plan today on their Facebook page. According to the announcement the plan is available now at "participating" retailers. It provides a discount off the price of H2O's $40 and higher monthly plans for multiple lines of service on the same account. The discount is $10 off for two lines, $20 off for three and $30 off for four.

Eligible plans for the family plan discount are:

$40/month: Unlimited Talk, Text and Picture messaging, 100 international texts, $20 international call credit and 500MB of data.
    $50/month: Unlimited Talk, Text and Picture messaging, 100 international texts, unlimited calls to 25 countries, $20 international call credit and 1gb of data.
    $60/month: Unlimited Talk, Text and Picture messaging, 100 international texts, $20 international call credit and 3g data

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    This deal is better than airvoice if you have two or more lines.

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Update: family discount set up was surprisingly easy even in a Sunday afternoon. Cust service was great. I got all 4 phones on $40 plan and ended up paying $130 making it $32.50 per line. No tax. The only drawback is that I have to call in to pay each month.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Visit www.phonecheap.net for low calling call rates foreign and domestic.

Carriers
    airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Hi again, blacksurfer, have you ever tried other att mvno? IF YES, how the voice and data quality in general? is it about the same or it has to be the same since all of their network based on the same provider? Please disregard the customer service, plan, price..etc..things. I have plan to move here from Avoice since there is a good deal for family plan.

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Yes I've tried Airvoice and straighttalk. The voice quality and text speed are the same as when I was on post paid att. Of course att LTE data speed was the fastest, but I don't mind 4G speed on H2o

Sent with the HoFo App

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Also to get any mms to work on iPhones you need to do the sim swap trick. See my other post in the general forum

Sent with the HoFo App

Carriers
    airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    ...............but I don't mind 4G speed on H2o

Sent with the HoFo App
    what happened with 4g on H2O? I am at AVoice now, do u think is different quality?

Carriers
    airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Also to get any mms to work on iPhones you need to do the sim swap trick. See my other post in the general forum

Sent with the HoFo App
    Sorry, forgot to mention; mine is note 2 att; and I don't see the galaxy note2 on its website for the APN and MMS setting.

Feedback Score

Sent with the HoFo App
    I read your other post, and I have a couple of follow-up questions. I'll start with just this one, because based on your answer, it may render the other one moot.

You said this trick does not work on iOS 7. Does that mean once you upgrade this setting is lost? Or just that you have to initiate the trick on iOS 6?

For 99 cents I would give it a try if it will stick. But if I'm going to lose it when I upgrade when iOS 7 comes out in a month or two, I won't bother.

Carriers
    airvoice
    Feedback Score
    "...H2O Wireless ‏@H2OWireless 1 AugUnfortunately, we offer 4Gspeed only on H2O BOLT service and do not offer on mobilephone service.."
    so, at H2O, the 4G speed only available on H2O BOLT?

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    H2O 4g. Speed is the same as att 4G.

iOS 7 is still in beta release so I don't know if the sim swap will work on the public release. But even on ios6 if you reboot you have to re enter the APN with sim swap.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carriers
    airvoice
    Feedback Score

iOS 7 is still in beta release so I don't know if the sim swap will work on the public release. But even on ios6 if you reboot you have to re enter the APN with sim swap.

Sent with the HoFo App
    yes, i know but it is ONLY at H2O BOLT right? As comparison, is all Avoice has 4g speed?

Feedback Score

Sent with the HoFo App
    Oh you have to do it after every reboot? Well that's a deal-breaker for me. Many of the people I know have access to iMessage, so it's a non-issue with them. I'll just have to get by without MMS for the others.

I appreciate the information.

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    I didn't mean after reboot. I meant after a sim pull which is hardly ever.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I would sign up in they fix this . Having to call in to pay every month is not acceptable for me.

Update: family discount set up was surprisingly easy even in a Sunday afternoon. Cust service was great. I got all 4 phones on $40 plan and ended up paying $130 making it $32.50 per line. No tax. The only drawback is that I have to call in to pay each month.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast