Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cell signal booster

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Dunno, really think that it should be the carrier who rent out these boosters, even free of charge to retain/attract more customers, if customers complain lack of signal in their covered zone.
    They already lost me and some of my friends/family members just because we did not have usable signal at home.

This is what carriers have done in many other countries.
    Customer complain lack of signal at home, they visit, they confirm it should be covered, and they put a booster for free of charge.

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    RG-6 unsuitable as it is 75 Ohm. RG-58 is 50 Ohm but too high loss at this frequency. You should use NMR-400 at this frequency, and RG-8 or RG-213 are ok if not too long.

via the HoFo App
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    RG-6 unsuitable as it is 75 Ohm. RG-58 is 50 Ohm but too high loss at this frequency. You should use NMR-400 at this frequency, and RG-8 or RG-213 are ok if not too long.

via the HoFo App
    I believe you meant LMR 400 not NMR 400.

Feedback Score
    Wilson electronics offers great residential solutions with 2 year warranty. The surecall systems seem to work well in bigger facilities such as manufacturing, multistory , or factory layouts, comes with 3 year warranty. All the manufacturers now offering 4G data solution along with 3G, however Wilson electronics offers one of the best cost effective solution for residential purpose.

Feedback Score
    I would get the cel fi.i just bought it. before I had 1 bar with no service at times around my house. Now I have 5 bars works great and I don't have to install antenna and have cable on my house drilling holes in my wall. Down side its not cheep but worth it and easy to install.

Feedback Score
    Hi, my name is James, I work for Wilson Amplifiers. We have cell phone signal boosters for any situation. If you need any help, just let me know here and i will be glad to help.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy92 View Post
    We have cell phone signal boosters for any situation. .
    Any that do not require hard-wiring the units together, and holes to be drilled?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    Any that do not require hard-wiring the units together, and holes to be drilled?
    Hey Underrated, lets start with the basics, are you looking for a vehicle or home solution.

If vehicle, no hard wiring, no holes, very easy to install. In case of home, you will need to run cable but the installation is not that difficult and you easily could install it on your own.

If you need any information of what model will suit you best, please feel free to contact me back or visit our website FAQ at WilsonAmplifiers.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy92 View Post
    Hey Underrated, lets start with the basics, are you looking for a vehicle or home solution.
    Actually, James, I'm not looking for either. The reason I asked the question is that CelFi is an easily installed system - the two units do not require physical interconnection, and it works well (I have used this for several years).
    The downside is that CelFi is fairly pricy, and other solutions might be better for some people.
    Just to help people make an informed decision.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    Actually, James, I'm not looking for either. The reason I asked the question is that CelFi is an easily installed system - the two units do not require physical interconnection, and it works well (I have used this for several years).
    The downside is that CelFi is fairly pricy, and other solutions might be better for some people.
    Just to help people make an informed decision.
    Thanks! The more information people have the better. I don't have any experience with CelFi, so the more people can share information about all signal boosters, it would help everyone out.

From my experience, it's all about decibel (dB) gain. The distance from cell tower to your phone always results in dB loss. Even with cell phone signal boosters, there's a loss from outside antenna to inside antenna. With a good amp and cables, it minimizes loss as it travels to your phone.

Wilson boosters are made to capture as much signal and minimize as much loss as possible. In the end, it's all about getting as much signal as you can, and hence why Wilson is a leading brand. But I totally understand when people want less clutter and installation issues. Luckily for me, I just used the old DirecTV cables, so the aesthetics were okay and I didn't have to run cables.

Device(s)
    OnePlus One, Samsung, THL
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

70 dB gain boosters are minimum requirements for good booster

Hello there,
    I used Dr. Tech 70dB amplifier, same gain as your Wilson, just under $US100, buy it used on e-bay. Many people does not now which Bands/frequencies they need to boost, so they purchase wrong amplifier, point donor antenna to wrong tower/building etc. One important note with 70dB booster that it requires very strong input signal to get some decent output. Simple mathematics for +10dBm output signal (0.01W) your need very strong input signal of -60dBm since: -60dBm+70dB gain=+10dBm output signal (6 bars on your mobile phone which has 4 bars only)
    Next one is isolation between donor and server antenna. Same Physics applies when you have your microphone close to speaker. So you need your microphone far enough from speaker to avoid feedback. Antennas are more directional "speakers" than audio speakers, so it is easier to get better isolation. I used parabolic (Dish) antenna with 19dBi gain as donor antenna. This antenna has good front / back isolation as well.
    zdacomm.com and look for 1700-2100-mhz-aws-antenna
    I would recommend this antenna to anyone working with AWS band boosters (T-Mobile, WIND, Mobilicity)

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/CM13
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    (deleted post)

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tvisforme View Post
    I'm seeing that item listed at a $169.99 regular price, and not on sale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Amazing what happens to prices after two years.

Via HoFo App on an iPhone 5S
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Feedback Score
    There are varied signal booster that are now available in Market and serve multiple purposes as well. This is the best solution for improving your poor signal in cell phones in whichever locality you reside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2