Thread: How spotty is the data connection on net10?

Feedback Score

How spotty is the data connection on net10?

I have two iPhone 4's that I am about to switch from ST(T-Mobile) to Net10(AT&T) because T-Mobile hasn't refarmed enough towers in my area and I'm sick of EDGE/2G data.

But... I have started seeing reports on here of Net10 customers having really bad data connections on their phones. (data cutting in and out, slow download speeds, etc)

Is this a widespread problem? If so, I think I'll just bite the bullet and go with a more expensive carrier with consistent data.

Thanks again in advance!

Feedback Score
    I have an Incredible on ST and got excellent data speeds in NC, SC, & FL. Don't think twice.

Feedback Score
    But a ST AT&T sim now that they are available.

Sent with the HoFo App

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    Getting your data reduced or cut off is a huge problem. There are people who can walk on Glass. They are unpredictable. GoPhone all your services will work and with the %10 savings in many places its only about $6 more a month

Quote Originally Posted by erea77 View Post
    I have two iPhone 4's that I am about to switch from ST(T-Mobile) to Net10(AT&T) because T-Mobile hasn't refarmed enough towers in my area and I'm sick of EDGE/2G data.

But... I have started seeing reports on here of Net10 customers having really bad data connections on their phones. (data cutting in and out, slow download speeds, etc)

Is this a widespread problem? If so, I think I'll just bite the bullet and go with a more expensive carrier with consistent data.

Thanks again in advance!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    Getting your data reduced or cut off is a huge problem. There are people who can walk on Glass. They are unpredictable. GoPhone all your services will work and with the %10 savings in many places its only about $6 more a month
    That's exactly what I ended up doing, and I'm so glad I did. Data, MMS, and everything else work perfectly.

What 10% discount are you referring to?

Sent with the HoFo App

Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, I haven't had any issues with throttling nor coverage nor speeds in any of the states I've been in, as long as I have good signal.

I saw an (unverified) post that said that Net10 was dropping the hard 1.5GB cap, as well.
    Samsung GT-N8000 on AT&T
    HTC First on Net10/AT&T

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    i have been using callingmart.com

they have been around. the website has a link at the top to their facebook page. click it and look for the gohone coupon. they put one up each month for a few weeks.

10% Off at&t go phone refills on www.callingmart.com NOW through 08/20/13. Coupon Code: B2S1310 (minimum purchase of $18 required)

Quote Originally Posted by erea77 View Post
    That's exactly what I ended up doing, and I'm so glad I did. Data, MMS, and everything else work perfectly.

What 10% discount are you referring to?

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    i have been using callingmart.com

they have been around. the website has a link at the top to their facebook page. click it and look for the gohone coupon. they put one up each month for a few weeks.

10% Off at&t go phone refills on www.callingmart.com NOW through 08/20/13. Coupon Code: B2S1310 (minimum purchase of $18 required)
    Perfect, thanks for the help!

Sent with the HoFo App