Thread: LG840G Email issues

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

LG840G Email issues

I setup a Hotmail Push Email account sometime back... It would work well for a while and then decide to log the phone off of the account even though it is stating that it is synced through the green indicator next to the account... Well I have not found a way to cure the issue unless I delete and recreate the account... Well as of lately anytime I delete the account, the phone will not let me recreate the account stating that it already exists... The phone clearly does not show the account on the phone, so how would this happen?

if the phone is setup to utilize the Tracfone WAP setting, would it store the email settings for this account?

It just keeps on stating that the account already exists, the only temporary work around that I have found is to wipe the phone clean and start from default settings... so something is telling me that it is something to do with the memory or there is a system folder that I am unable to see that stores this information...

Has anyone ran into this problem??? or is it a glitch that I will always have to encounter? I of course have a Belkin Wireless router that I get my wifi from... which in case requires me to use a static IP address on the phone to get it to connect... long story...

Feedback Score
    I also am having a problem with the built in email client on the LG840G. It was fully functional for about 6 weeks out of the box but something happened that caused it not to download new email. I can send new mail. I have tried everything. Are there others that experience the same problem and have fixed it? Are other LG840G tracfone users using the built in email client?

Papa Pete

Phones
    lg 840 g
    trac phone lg 840 g
    Nokia Lumia 520 to replace LG 840 G
    Carriers
    trac phone
    Feedback Score
    just delete the emails from the phone this will allow you to download E mail

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig View Post
    just delete the emails from the phone this will allow you to download E mail
    That won't help for the LG840G gmail problem ......
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    The only way I could get gmail to work with the main email app on my lg840 was set it as popmail and not imap.
    Also, make sure that the username is actually your full email address in both the incoming and outgoing sections.

God bless
    Doug
    Doug
    LinuxMint user
    Tracfone attempter

Feedback Score
    Doug,
    Since you are using POP settings on your LG840G, is your Gmail settings set to "IMAP is emabled"? If so, when you read mail from your phone, is the mail deleated from the server so that it cannot be delivered to any other device that accesses your Gmail account?

Papa Pete

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by papapete View Post
    Doug,
    Since you are using POP settings on your LG840G, is your Gmail settings set to "IMAP is emabled"? If so, when you read mail from your phone, is the mail deleated from the server so that it cannot be delivered to any other device that accesses your Gmail account?

Papa Pete
    papapete,
    R u sure it got deleted from the gmail server after reading on LG840G/POP client?

You can log into the web gmail and check - it should still be there and show unread unless you have another IMAP client doing something to that same email (deleting or reading it).

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Doug,
    If so, when you read mail from your phone, is the mail deleated from the server so that it cannot be delivered to any other device that accesses your Gmail account?
    Normally there's a setting on the reader (phone here) that sets if it delete the messages after downloading .

If set to leave on server, the device may ask if you want to delete from the server when you delete on the device (my S390G asks)

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Doug,

Papa Pete
    No, any email stays available (and unread) on other devices, but I have email being on the server. See STDog's reply for further info.

God Bless
    Doug