Thread: Lost AT&T APN settings on iphone 5

Feedback Score

Smile Lost AT&T APN settings on iphone 5

Hi all,
    I received a replacement iphone 5 and restored it through iCloud but the APN settings did not get restored. I am running iOS 6.1.4 straight talks website has an APN setting as tfdata something or other and I had mine set to att.mvno. How can I get this APN back? Is having the new APN a disadvantage in any way(data cap etc)?

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can quickly download and install the Straight Talk att.mvno APN (it's what allows your phone to use the cellular data network) by going to unlockit.co.nz from your iPhone. Just tap Create APN and choose Straight Talk.

It won't fix your MMS / picture messaging, though (unless you're sending a pic to someone with iMessage). For that you'd need to do the T-Mobile SIM card swap method to be able to access your phone's cellular data settings.
    Past providers: Page Plus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Straight Talk
    Past phones: Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elahi69 View Post
    Hi all,
    I received a replacement iphone 5 and restored it through iCloud but the APN settings did not get restored. I am running iOS 6.1.4 straight talks website has an APN setting as tfdata something or other and I had mine set to att.mvno. How can I get this APN back? Is having the new APN a disadvantage in any way(data cap etc)?
    quick question did your original phone get stolen or just broken.the thing is if you ordered a new st/att sim you need to use the new data apn.but if you keept you sim out of the phone you need the att.mvno apn settings.

Feedback Score
    My original phone just broke. I have the old sim in my new phone.

Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    quick question did your original phone get stolen or just broken.the thing is if you ordered a new st/att sim you need to use the new data apn.but if you keept you sim out of the phone you need the att.mvno apn settings.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    yea you might have to use iphone config tool to get the right apn on the phone.unlockit uses the new apn.if the phone is unlocked you could use the tmo sim swap to get the mms working.i am asumming you got your sim before st changed the apn setings.