Thread: Process to change old HTC Incredible 2 Verizon to straight talk

Feedback Score

Process to change old HTC Incredible 2 Verizon to straight talk

I just recently got a new phone & was going to give my old HTC Incredible 2 to my child to use on his straight talk plan. How do I go about doing this? The phone is not unlocked. It is a Verizon phone. Do I just go to Walmart to get new sims card? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Straight Talk has a web page where you can check whether a particular CDMA telephone is eligible for the CDMA Bring Your Own Phone program. You have to enter the MEID/ESN and follow the prompts. After the telephone is accepted, you can start new service with a new number, transfer a number from another carrier or transfer service from one Straight Talk telephone to the new telephone.

http://straighttalkbyop.com/
    Choose CDMA. The CDMA portion of the telephone is not locked. It has to have an approved MEID/ESN before a CDMA carrier will allow it to be activated. Be advised that only the $45 or $60 service card can be used with the Bring Your Own Phone program.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I just transferred a Inc2 to ST with no problems. Get the BYOD CDMA card at Walmart for $60 or try to use their online interface. Very straight forward. Took about 30mins to port my number.

Feedback Score
    Hi, I bought a used Verizon HTC Incredible and put it on Straight talk with no problem however I cant get any bars or service if I try to call out on it goes to a message saying it will connect me with a Verizon person and I can pay with a credit card to place a call, PLEASE HELP .. Thanks

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise1963 View Post
    Hi, I bought a used Verizon HTC Incredible and put it on Straight talk with no problem however I cant get any bars or service if I try to call out on it goes to a message saying it will connect me with a Verizon person and I can pay with a credit card to place a call, PLEASE HELP .. Thanks
    Try dialing *228

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    *228, option 1. Not *228 90 like ST tells you to do. It won't activate.

Feedback Score
    Sorry what is the HoFo App?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    When you sign on to Howard Forums with certain telephones and tablets, the program you use adds that signature. You can change to something else in the settings. Many users leave it that way because it alerts others that you may be unable to use certain features of the forums available to computer users. For example, it may be difficult to cite URLs or quote contents from other websites, see the names of other users in the thread or use formatting such as bold, underscore, colors or Italics.

Feedback Score
    I've tried everything suggested and nothing is working I had it checked and was told its not locked I have spoke to st people that hasn't helped ... what now ?/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise1963 View Post
    I've tried everything suggested and nothing is working I had it checked and was told its not locked I have spoke to st people that hasn't helped ... what now ?/
    it sounds like the phone has a bad radio or is defective. i would try and get your money back. next time use caution when buying used phones. also check and make sure that you are in a good verizon native coverage area, because straight talk verizon service is non roaming.

Feedback Score
    Thanks I'm thinking the same thing