Sonim XP5 - Nexus 7 2013 tablet
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

FreedomPop LTE is Here

http://blog.freedompop.com/freedompo...s-lte-network/

FreedomPop Proudly Announces Expansion to Sprint’s LTE Network
    without comments

It’s finally here! Free LTE for all! Since launching last year, we’ve always kept an eye on the prize-to offer Free 4G LTE access to our customers, and that day has come.

With the FreedomSpot 5580 LTE mobile hotspot, everyone will be able to experience the Freedom of Sprint’s 4G LTE network with average speeds of 6 to 8 Mbps down and peaks up to 25 Mbps. FreedomPop customers will also get 500MBs of Free 4G LTE access. You’ll be able to earn additional data through Freedom Friends and promotional offers, as well as share extra bandwidth with friends. There’s also the ability to add 3G fallback just in case you’re not in a good LTE coverage area, giving nationwide coverage.

The FreedomSpot 5580 LTE can connect up to 10 wifi capable devices including your computer, tablet, and smartphone. It also has an OLED screen, GPS capabilities, and advanced security options.

FreedomPop is the nation’s first 100% Free High Speed Wireless Internet provider. To order the new FreedomSpot 5580 LTE hotspot, visit www.FreedomPop.com/LTEhotspot, while supplies last. If you have any questions, you can contact customer support at http://bit.ly/contactfp.

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    I am glad it is here, But they will not sell it to me. It is only open to certain markets. I am in a Sprint LTE market, So I do not see why not. The only thing I can think of is that my market just got turned on and they do not have the current list.

I sent my photon in over a month ago and still have not seen my refund. I hope they will let me pay the difference and get the MIFI 5580.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP5 - Nexus 7 2013 tablet
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I try to sign up it says not available but then says "get it anyway?".

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    For me it tells me I am in a 3G only area. When I move on to try and buy it anyway on the final pay page it has swapped the unit for the Freedom Spot - 4G/3G MiFi witch is a WiMax/3G unit for $35. It does not have the FreedomSpot 5580 LTE for $150.

I wonder how many people do not catch the swap and buy the wrong item.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was also able to get through to the purchase page for the LTE hotspot. Maybe you should try loading up the offer using incognito or private browsing since the website may be detecting your cookies for the main account.
    Either way the cost is a little steep even for current Photon users who are considering an exchange have to pay almost as much as the original price for the Photon.

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchfry View Post
    For me it tells me I am in a 3G only area. When I move on to try and buy it anyway on the final pay page it has swapped the unit for the Freedom Spot - 4G/3G MiFi witch is a WiMax/3G unit for $35. It does not have the FreedomSpot 5580 LTE for $150.

I wonder how many people do not catch the swap and buy the wrong item.
    If I use the link from facebook and not from there home page it will let me order the correct item.
    link: http://bit.ly/1etblNx

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000 Pro, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Ordered one this morning. Probably will be a few weeks until I get it. Free Sprint LTE service sold me on buying the FreedomPop modem. Wireless data is important for me because I have no wired broadband at home and need portability for home and work. Already have an AT&T Liberate LTE mifi on a postpaid plan with a FAN discount, so this is more of a backup for travel or if I get to close to my AT&T 5gb allotment.

Area near me is a mix of 3g Sprint, non-Sprint coverage areas(near my home 2 closest towers are only Verizon and AT&T in a rural area), wimax to the southeast and lte to the northeast. According to the CT Siting Council telecom database, many Sprint CT towers will be converted over to LTE.

Decided on the LTE free plan without the 3g add-on or the other up-sell options they tried to get me to sign up for. Only option I seriously considered was the 3g fallback service for $3.99/month...can always add that on in the future if Sprint drags their feet too much on LTE tower conversions in northern CT.

With SoftBank money coming in, new Sprint towers, and upcoming tri-band LTE service, I'm interested to see if Sprint native coverage increases over the next few years.

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    Ordered mine on the 9th. Still have not received it. Looks as if there is a hold up on shipping them. I got a email on the 26th saying they would ship it in 5-7 days.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    They took away the option for overnight or 2 day shipping for modem orders(I think I saw that a few days ago), and just left the 2-3 week standard ship option. Makes sense if they are restocking.

Sprint release the modem on July 19th so they are probably in short supply.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Looks good but I think I will wait for them to have some sales on refurbs. 149$ is a little steep.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Current prices, no ETA on Wireless Voice.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The LTE data plan offer page does vary slightly by zip code. The three choices offered for the rural CT zip code of 06060 are the 2 gb 3g/4g plan, the 500 mb 4g only plan and the 500 mb 3g/4g plan...I suspect the website probably pushes 3g fallback more if you enter a rural address with better 3g than 4g Sprint coverage.

Name:  freedompop offer-page-001.jpg
Views: 1887
Size:  35.4 KB

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
    The LTE data plan offer page does vary slightly by zip code. The three choices offered for the rural CT zip code of 06060 are the 2 gb 3g/4g plan, the 500 mb 4g only plan and the 500 mb 3g/4g plan...I suspect the website probably pushes 3g fallback more if you enter a rural address with better 3g than 4g Sprint coverage.

Name:  freedompop offer-page-001.jpg
Views: 1887
Size:  35.4 KB
    Good catch! many of us wouldn't know otherwise, very interesting. I checked pricing schedule via a Portland, OR. zip code.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    My LTE hotspot is supposed to ship within 3-5 business days(was ordered end of August). Just got an email apologizing for the delay due to a supplier problem and saying they added another 1 gb of bonus data to my account to thank me for my patience.

Will post when I get the modem and also my thoughts on how well it works.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
    My LTE hotspot is supposed to ship within 3-5 business days(was ordered end of August). Just got an email apologizing for the delay due to a supplier problem and saying they added another 1GB of bonus data to my account to thank me for my patience.

Will post when I get the modem and also my thoughts on how well it works.
    That's good, it appears there's at least LTE service nearby. http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/US...sprint#q=06060

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast