Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: can i buy an lg l9 from metropcs and use it with a tmobile sim?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    68
    Feedback Score
    0

    can i buy an lg l9 from metropcs and use it with a tmobile sim?

    metro pcs has the prepaid lg l9 and f3 for less than t-mobile
    is the phone unlocked to use a t-mobile sim?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,376
    Phone
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by svec7186 View Post
    metro pcs has the prepaid lg l9 and f3 for less than t-mobile
    is the phone unlocked to use a t-mobile sim?

    thanks
    I don't think there would be an issue, it would be like using a AT&T iPhone on straight talk. It sees it as the same network so there isn't a look out, assuming you pay for the device in full so they don't black list it for negligent payments.

    ^HSPA+ 42mbps---------------------------------------------- ^LTE

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,463
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodpd View Post
    I don't think there would be an issue, it would be like using a AT&T iPhone on straight talk. It sees it as the same network so there isn't a look out, assuming you pay for the device in full so they don't black list it for negligent payments.
    Milan03 bought a Galaxy S3 from Metro to use on T-Mobile but reported it was locked:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post15179520

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,376
    Phone
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Milan03 bought a Galaxy S3 from Metro to use on T-Mobile but reported it was locked:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...0#post15179520
    I can't believe they would lock it, but then again it would cannibalize T-Mobile sales.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,463
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrodpd View Post
    I can't believe they would lock it, but then again it would cannibalize T-Mobile sales.
    That's exactly the reason they would lock it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,376
    Phone
    iPhone 6 64GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    That's exactly the reason they would lock it.
    I wonder how much profit they make by selling it for 2X/3X more.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    68
    Feedback Score
    0
    can someone clear up the diff between metro-pcs and t-mobile. i'm n NY and metro-pcs should have access to t-mobile towers. the coverage with cell service should be the same between the 2, right? if its the same, isn't the metro-pcs $40 the same as the t-mobile $50 plan but $10 less.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,463
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by svec7186 View Post
    can someone clear up the diff between metro-pcs and t-mobile. i'm n NY and metro-pcs should have access to t-mobile towers. the coverage with cell service should be the same between the 2, right? if its the same, isn't the metro-pcs $40 the same as the t-mobile $50 plan but $10 less.
    That's correct. It's even more than $10 less because MPCS doesn't charge taxes. $40 is the total.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    2,098
    Feedback Score
    0
    Why not simply buy an Optimus L9 from Walmart? They sell it for T-Mobile prepaid for $199 and it works with post paid as well as prepaid.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    49
    Feedback Score
    0
    But MetroPCS is significantly higher for multi-lines. 5 Family lines on 500MB TM is $110. Same plan on MetroPCS is $170! and with that you don't even get the free international data and 20c/m calls.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,463
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingBoat View Post
    But MetroPCS is significantly higher for multi-lines. 5 Family lines on 500MB TM is $110. Same plan on MetroPCS is $170! and with that you don't even get the free international data and 20c/m calls.
    Metro has 4 lines with 500 mb for $100.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,773
    Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here are FAQs which may cover most issues about the merger:
    http://www.metropcs.com/metro/suppor...whichFAQ=About
    Earl F. Parrish

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The 909, Southern California
    Posts
    9,770
    Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Metro has 4 lines with 500 mb for $100.
    Where is that at?

    Sent from my Nexus 4

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles - San Diego, CA / St. Albans, VT
    Posts
    20,264
    Phones
    RIM BlackBerry Q10
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carriers
    Pacific Bell Wireless / T-Mobile USA / MetroPCS
    Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    Where is that at?

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    See the link below...
    4 lines for $100 Promotion.

    I think this promo ends at the end of this year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    743
    Phones
    CDMA: Droid X2, Droid Incredible
    GSM: Nexus 4, iPhone 4, 3G
    Carrier
    T-mobile PagePlus Lycamobile GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Doesn't the T-mobile Simple Choice plan roam onto AT&T in outlying areas where T-mobile doesn't have service, while MetroPCS won't roam off netowrk? With the PTA 14% discount, the T-mobile Simple Choice plan should come out to about $100 after taxes and fees for four people in my area. The roaming makes a big difference for my work travels.

    Unlimited text and data when traveling internationally is also nice on the T-mobile plan, whereas MetroPCS doesn't have that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 01:21 AM
  2. How can i buy the NEC n900 or n940 and use it in the US???
    By andrewmazotti in forum Other Manufacturers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 04:51 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 07:21 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 08:33 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-13-2001, 12:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks