Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4S power button stuck

Feedback Score

iPhone 4S power button stuck

The power button on my iphone 4s is stuck in the depressed position. If pushed very hard it works.

My phone is under a year old. Any ideas how to fix this or how much it will cost. Would this be covered under warranty?

Thanks
    Last edited by BrewCrew; 08-12-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    If its under 1 year old, just contact them. They will give you another one, could be refurbished or new.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugatti Veyron View Post
    If its under 1 year old, just contact them. They will give you another one, could be refurbished or new.
    Them as in Apple or Virgin Mobile?

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
    Them as in Apple or Virgin Mobile?
    Virgin Mobile

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy 3
    Samsung Galaxy 3
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Tin can and String
    Feedback Score
    I would say take it to an apple store and have them do a quick fix on it. Call (or better yet tweet them) Virgin first.

~JS

Phones
    HTC Snap
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    BrewCrew...same thing happened to me on Saturday (sorry I didn't see your post). Contact Apple instead of Virgin, Virgin directed me to them. My button is recessed into the phone and it still works, but like yours you have to give it some extreme finger strength to work. Apple shipped a new iPhone 4 yesterday and it'll be here by tomorrow. You're still covered by the 1-year Apple warranty. My iphone was babied and in pristine condition, but it's known that the power/lock button fails on the 4, 4s, and 5's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by getupkid86 View Post
    BrewCrew...same thing happened to me on Saturday (sorry I didn't see your post). Contact Apple instead of Virgin, Virgin directed me to them. My button is recessed into the phone and it still works, but like yours you have to give it some extreme finger strength to work. Apple shipped a new iPhone 4 yesterday and it'll be here by tomorrow. You're still covered by the 1-year Apple warranty. My iphone was babied and in pristine condition, but it's known that the power/lock button fails on the 4, 4s, and 5's.
    Thanks, do you have to send yours back before they will send it?

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    You send it back after you get the phone.

Phones
    HTC Snap
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, do you have to send yours back before they will send it?
    They're sending a box with the new one to mail my defective iPhone back..it was like an
    "Express Replacement" program or something like that.

Phones
    HTC Snap
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    They're sending a box with the new one to mail my defective iPhone back..it was like an
    "Express Replacement" program or something like that.
    Received my new iPhone 4 yesterday. They just ship it in a white box inside of a shipping box along with instructions on how to back up your information, wipe the phone, and then how to send it back. Also, they place a $495 hold on your account for the cost of the original phone until they receive it..but my hold came off my account before I even activated the new phone. You have 10 days from the time they shipped your replacement phone to ship back the defective phone and the box they provide back to them is actually overnight shipping.

Feedback Score
    Received my new iPhone 4 yesterday. They just ship it in a white box inside of a shipping box along with instructions on how to back up your information, wipe the phone, and then how to send it back. Also, they place a $495 hold on your account for the cost of the original phone until they receive it..but my hold came off my account before I even activated the new phone. You have 10 days from the time they shipped your replacement phone to ship back the defective phone and the box they provide back to them is actually overnight shipping.
    I am so sick of Virgin Mobile/Apple. I love the iPhone but not a fan of there stores. And I have never luck with virgin mobile when switching phones.

So today I went to the Apple store. Everything was going fine until I spent 10 mins trying to talk to a VM person trying to activate. Couldnt get one and was on a mild time constraint and couldnt leave there without a working phone, so I canceled the transaction and left thinking I would go the route you did.

Took a while on the phone while the technician "researched" the problem and offered solutions that obviously wouldnt fix the problem. Then offered the express replacement option for $30 or that i could mail my phone and be without 1 for 5 days. IMO both those options suck, I am not going to pay $30 to fix something that is under warranty and an obvious problem with the phone design.

Sorry about the rant, i'm not in a good mood right now and just want a new phone.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy 3
    Samsung Galaxy 3
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Tin can and String
    Feedback Score
    I am so sick of Virgin Mobile/Apple. I love the iPhone but not a fan of there stores. And I have never luck with virgin mobile when switching phones.

So today I went to the Apple store. Everything was going fine until I spent 10 mins trying to talk to a VM person trying to activate. Couldnt get one and was on a mild time constraint and couldnt leave there without a working phone, so I canceled the transaction and left thinking I would go the route you did.

Took a while on the phone while the technician "researched" the problem and offered solutions that obviously wouldnt fix the problem. Then offered the express replacement option for $30 or that i could mail my phone and be without 1 for 5 days. IMO both those options suck, I am not going to pay $30 to fix something that is under warranty and an obvious problem with the phone design.

Sorry about the rant, i'm not in a good mood right now and just want a new phone.
    hit them up on twitter.

~JS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason's Storm View Post
    hit them up on twitter.

~JS
    What do I say? I talked to them initially?

"Hey fix my phone. #Tmobile"

But in all seriousness what do I say and what can they do?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy 3
    Samsung Galaxy 3
    LG Rumor Touch
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Tin can and String
    Feedback Score
    Tell them firmly but politely, your issue (in 141 characters or less ) and they'll direct messege you and/or tell you to send your issue to their email address. They are in America and can help a lot better than the overseas phone center can. @VMUCare

~JS

Phones
    HTC Snap
    Motorola Q
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason's Storm View Post
    Tell them firmly but politely, your issue (in 141 characters or less ) and they'll direct messege you and/or tell you to send your issue to their email address. They are in America and can help a lot better than the overseas phone center can. @VMUCare

~JS

One thing that bothers me is..I dropped off the old iPhone at a local FedEx store (FedEx Office) and I was on my lunch break, so kind of in a hurry. The lady asked if I wanted a receipt and I said no, assuming that they would get it to Apple with no problem. Friday I received an email that Apple had not received my original phone and I sent it back on Thursday morning (the box had a label for overnight shipping). So FedEx may have some explaining to do if it didn't get from point A to point B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast