Thread: Freedompop.com?

Feedback Score

Freedompop.com?

Will this be worth trying out when the smartphone part of this company starts offering their service? It looks very appealing.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier
    Many
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur1 View Post
    Will this be worth trying out when the smartphone part of this company starts offering their service? It looks very appealing.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Yes. It will.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by booda3000 View Post
    Yes. It will.
    Can I use my Nexus 4 and iPhone 5 that I'm using with at&t?

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by booda3000 View Post
    Yes. It will.
    check this out...are you sure about that?
    http://mb.clarkhoward.com/showthread...mPop-is-a-scam

Feedback Score
    They still give you a free service. They have mobile devices which works very well in wimax area. This person home experience is not for every one of their products. I've had them for a year. Free can not beaten. I had to return a device I had for about 8 months. They refunded $90 out 100. Not too bad. I agree customer service is mostly thru e-mails but they do respond some time after a few days. There are days where you can not reach a live person ...and get send to voice mail all the time. I just use e-mail and wait for a response.

I doubt the smartphone experience will be good at all since it's voip based. I've given up to Voip if you really want a reliable mobile experience.

Carriers
    AirVoice
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    Freedompop has gotten better since they started but you still should exercise due diligence to avoid the situations that make people feel robbed. Their zip-code locator told me I was in an eligible area and they also referred me to the Sprint map to double check which said I was in a Sprint roaming area. The Overdrive Pro I was ordering was, at the time, advertised as available with "3G roaming" so I ordered it with the intention of switching to the 3.99/mo "3G roaming" plan.

About three weeks later I noticed they were no longer advertising it as "roaming" so I opened a support ticket to double check. It turns out the advertised "roaming" was only within the Sprint network and I would not get any service from partner towers, at which point I asked them to cancel my order. At this time I do not believe they use the word "roaming" at all and when I run my zip code they no longer say I am eligible.

I personally do not believe they are a real scam, but I do believe they exercise sales practices that are poorly thought out and can be misleading. If I were in a truly covered area they would still interest me, but tread with caution and study your account settings carefully to avoid any surprises.
    Cheers,
    Paul

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur1 View Post
    check this out...are you sure about that?
    http://mb.clarkhoward.com/showthread...mPop-is-a-scam
    So ya found one complaint, did ya!
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.