Thread: How is Straight Talk Coverage in Denver, Colorado

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    IPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Softbank
    Feedback Score

Question How is Straight Talk Coverage in Denver, Colorado

I'm in Denver, Colorado, and I'm looking at switching from Verizon to Straight Talk and buying their iPhone 5( full cost ). However, I cannot get their coverage map tool to work in Firefox or IE. Can anyone who uses the Straight Talk iPhone in Denver chime in on their experience as far as data connectivity and texting goes?

I rarely make or take calls, so the majority of my usage is data and texting. Thanks in advance!

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    go to st website and type in your zip code and if the iphone 5 shows up then you will have coverage in your home area.

Phone
    Samsung GS II Skyrocket
    Carrier
    Straight Talk AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm using ST AT&T in the Denver area and it works really well. Receive HSPA+ service a majority of the time.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro
    i776
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I just came back from business in Colorado Springs and then Denver. I also have the ST iphone 5. Coverage was good throughout the trip. No issues with data and SMS.

Phone
    Nexus 4 16GB
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    If you're buying a Straight Talk iPhone 5, it'll be the same coverage as Verizon's native coverage (as in, not including any extended network coverage.)

If you're buying the SIM and getting an unlocked phone, then you're using either AT&T's or T-Mobile's network plus some roaming.
    Internet at work and with a Nexus 4 on Straight Talk with AT&T.

Carrier
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by raydioaktivman View Post
    I'm in Denver, Can anyone who uses the Straight Talk iPhone in Denver chime in on their experience as far as data connectivity and texting goes?
    You coverage will be exactly the same, however, you should never see anything better than 3G as that is all ST customers can use.
    Bill Radio
    Mountain Wireless Network Reports & Ratings,
    Coverage Maps,
    Wireless Roaming

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    IPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Softbank
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cooter55 View Post
    go to st website and type in your zip code and if the iphone 5 shows up then you will have coverage in your home area.
    If you read my post, that is what I tried but the coverage map didn't change. It was completely red no matter what local zip code I put into it. Plus my trust level for what a company says it product does and what my actual experience will be is pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio010 View Post
    I just came back from business in Colorado Springs and then Denver. I also have the ST iphone 5. Coverage was good throughout the trip. No issues with data and SMS.
    Thank you for the feedback. Are you from the West Coast? I travel there pretty frequently so knowing that the phone performs well there would be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by jebr View Post
    If you're buying a Straight Talk iPhone 5, it'll be the same coverage as Verizon's native coverage (as in, not including any extended network coverage.)

If you're buying the SIM and getting an unlocked phone, then you're using either AT&T's or T-Mobile's network plus some roaming.
    I can do it either way, though the price of an unlocked phone vs locked will probably push me towards buying a locked phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Billradio View Post
    You coverage will be exactly the same, however, you should never see anything better than 3G as that is all ST customers can use.
    I actually never see anything faster than 3G currently with Verizon. I left out that I have a locked iPhone 4S on Verizon now, which may explain why. Otherwise, it could be because VZ hasn't implemented 4G in Denver yet.

Additional information:
    I have a locked iPhone 4S on Verizon
    My 2 yr contract w/VZ is up on Nov 1, 2013.
    I'm looking a getting the iPhone 5 for 2 reasons:
    1. It supports 5Ghz 802.11n ( There are 30+ 2.4Ghz WiFi LAN's in my area, there is so much noise I cannot WiFi sync at 2.4Ghz )
    2. I can't bring the VZ phone onto a competitor's network.
    Last edited by raydioaktivman; 08-17-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: additional information