Thread: Tracfone mobile web

Feedback Score

Tracfone mobile web

Does which sites you can view depend on how much memory your phone has? I'm using the Samsung T301G slider, and most sites return an error message about the site being too large or something.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The website may not be configured for mobile browsers. Go to the website on your computer to see if they have a mobile version of the website. The included web browser cannot render full HTML web pages.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You'll need to make your way to mobile versions of your favorite websites (like wap.howardforums.com for instance) but The T301G is not made for web browsing. Best thing it's for is a quick Google search or to check your gmail. Any more than that and you'll start to get that error, even on websites that are formatted for mobile but are too long like another forum I visit. I tried going to it on one of my TracFones and it doesn't load because it's still too big even if it's the mobile version.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Galaxy Note 3, Lumia 635: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & LG Ultimate 2: TracFone (Verizon)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    KLM did an extensive review of the Tracfone/LG420G, a camera flip phone that is two phones back from the current LG440G, on the Turk forum and showed he was able to view the Turk forum on that phone. My understanding is that if a site has a mobile version, it will automatically detect that you're using a mobile device and send (or try to send) you the mobile version.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a5253628 View Post
    KLM did an extensive review of the Tracfone/LG420G, a camera flip phone that is two phones back from the current LG440G, on the Turk forum and showed he was able to view the Turk forum on that phone. My understanding is that if a site has a mobile version, it will automatically detect that you're using a mobile device and send (or try to send) you the mobile version.
    While true, most mobile sites are still formatted for smartphones. Older feature phones still may not have the horsepower to view them unless they're stripped down.

Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, smartphones have a lot more power behind them. I was looking at the specs of one and was amazed that it was better than a computer I bought a few years back.

I tend not to use mobile web, simply because it is a little pricey on the minutes, and I have a computer for surfing the internet anyway. But when in need it is nice to be able to answer a question or check email, just don't expect too much.
    Blogging enthusiast at TracfoneReviewer: A blog with cell phone reviews, money saving tips and Tracfone Promo Codes!

Feedback Score
    Someone on the Turk forum has provided a breakdown of the sites that are linked to on the Tracfone mobile web homepage.
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/topic/5200258/1/ (post #6)

This is the kind of info. that logically should be provided by Tracfone, but is not ... for reasons best known to themselves.

I haven't tried all these sites to see if they work on the T301G.

Feedback Score
    Apparently the URL for the Tracfone mobile web homepage is now tf.tracfone.com, which can be visited with your home computer. It used to be on a site called mcore.com.

Incidentally, I'm no longer seeing the "Edit" option on my posts.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Apparently the URL for the Tracfone mobile web homepage is now tf.tracfone.com, which can be visited with your home computer. It used to be on a site called mcore.com.
    It's been that at least since I got my S390G in July of 2012.

Incidentally, I'm no longer seeing the "Edit" option on my posts.
    The edit option goes away after a while, so you can't edit old posts.

I think it's a few hours. Less than a day.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 09-02-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Add note about time

Feedback Score
    I tried going to the Wikipedia link on the Tracfone mobile homepage, and it was too large. I entered the URL for the mobile site en.m.wikipedia.org, and that sort of worked, except the search box isn't available.

Feedback Score
    Apparently the URL for the Tracfone mobile web homepage is now tf.tracfone.com, which can be visited with your home computer. It used to be on a site called mcore.com.....
    I've never seen the Tracfone mobile home page being anything like mcore.com ..... has anyone else ever seen that aside from a5253628?
    Cheers!