Thread: Retention plans >looking for a current list of plans available to retention CSRs 8/13

Feedback Score

Retention plans >looking for a current list of plans available to retention CSRs 8/13

I am needing to switch my retention plan real soon as I will turn back to a pumpkin in early September when my 3 year term is up and will lose about $50 in credits on my current plan.

I have a standing offer from the office of the president for $30 discount from an in market plan and $20 discount on certain retention based plans.

Can anybody provide a comprehensive list with costs and options (or at least a list with a reasonable data component) that retention's currently have at their disposal? (eg. Is the $60 super plan still available?)

I want to be armed with current information for my next negotiations call.

Many thanks

m_r

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Apple Watch Sport, MacBook Pro 13"
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Interested in this as well...kicking myself for not grabbing the $60 6gb super plan when it was available last year.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note (ICS 4.0.4)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless Ontario |
    Feedback Score
    Retention was giving the $60 Super 6gb plan as of two weeks ago.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Homicide View Post
    Retention was giving the $60 Super 6gb plan as of two weeks ago.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Everything changed after August 9th...

Feedback Score
    So the best I was able to get out of retention is the $105 open market share plan with 3 +3 Gb of data for $75 plus taxes, which is exactly double what my expiring plan cost.

Expiring plan cost $42.60 after taxes with 250 day time , unlimited incoming, 6 pm eves, 1000 long distance, call display and forwarding, 500 text and the 6GB plan. So paying double didn't make sense.

In the end I settled for the the Corp 350 plan, but they screwed me by removing my $30 6 gig plan and replacing it with the corp $30 5 gb plan.

So after tax I'm now $56.50 which is only $14 more than before. However I'm loosing 750 minutes of long distance, replacing unlimited incoming with 1000 incoming, losing 1 gb of data (5 now vs 6), but gaining 100 minutes daytime and per second billing, R2R, unlimited text package, basic voice-mail, and as I understand it, data overage cost of $5 per gb, vs. $10 per GB which likely is a good thing for the future.

And I almost forgot, HU are on a 3 year term on corp 350 which really sucks as I was looking forward to only committing to a 2 year HU contract. So I will now just go month to month and by my hardware second hand ( anybody wanna sell me an S3 for cheep to replace my iPhone 4 ?)

Not too happy, but at least I now no longer need to worry about my end of September expiring credit which would have brought my bill to $100/m

I'm also hopping that the corp plans will at some point also switch to the 2 year terms, but who knows?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    M_R, your monthly bill goes to essentially HALF ($100 possible to $56.50). That sounds awesome. Unless you needed the 750 LD, >1000 incoming, etc. it's hard to see this as a loss. As you say, you pick up billing per second after the first minute, R2R, unlimited text/MMS/VideoMessaging, etc.

Also, have you tried calling back to get back your 6GB? Worth a call or two.
    For sale: MacBook Pro 15" flawless[/URL]

Previous feedback system: HowEver

New feedback (more elsewhere): HowEver

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HowEver View Post

your monthly bill goes to essentially HALF ($100 possible to $56.50)

Also, have you tried calling back to get back your 6GB? Worth a call or two.
    HowEver,

Thanks for your input. Don't 100% agree with rational on the half of $100 argument as I've never paid $100 before.

But mostly thank you for giving me the idea to call back, as I just got a Corporate retention's rep to reinstate my 6 gig's

So pretty happy now!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Apple Watch Sport, MacBook Pro 13"
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappy24 View Post
    Everything changed after August 9th...
    Sadly, Retentions could not offer me the 6gb Super Plan when I was just on live chat with them. My current credits expire in January, but I think my plan will still be better than what is currently being offered after the credits, so I can't complain too much.