Thread: Fido SIM in Rogers iPhone

Device(s)
    RIM 8830
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Question Fido SIM in Rogers iPhone

I already feel bad for asking, but my research has turned up nothing but contradicting results.

Question: Will a Fido SIM work in a BNIB Rogers iPhone 4S?

Note: Unlocking via Rogers is not possible because of the 90-day policy (I need the phone activated by September 8th - if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't paying the $50 unlock fee).

Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    I believe when you get an iPhone the first sim you put in is the carrier it locks to (not 100% on this). So, on that note, yes it will work but it will be a Fido phone and afterword wont work with Rogers sims. Rogers/Fido phones aren't interchangeable with sims to answer the question in general, though.

Feedback Score
    nope carrier locks the phone to them self so for example if you buy fido phone it already blocked to fido doesn't matter what sim you put in

Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lawliet View Post
    nope carrier locks the phone to them self so for example if you buy fido phone it already blocked to fido doesn't matter what sim you put in
    I'm referring to iPhones, here, really. I'm not sure what conditions are required (like if it has to be purchased straight from Apple, even if on contract) but I know for fact there are conditions with iPhones that make it so the first sim put in is the carrier it locks to. I've handled probably a dozen of these escalations at this point where someone has put another carriers sim in the phone first (which I've never understood the reasoning behind) and then it wont work with Fido, even though they have a contract with Fido for the phone. Would be nice if someone could let me know what is required for it to happen. I've heard someone mention Apple sells all of their phones 'sim unlocked', and that way they can sell their phones to someone of any carrier and it'll just lock to the appropriate one when the sim is put in.