Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lycamobile US APN Settings for android 4.3 (Nexus 4)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0

    Lycamobile US APN Settings for android 4.3 (Nexus 4)

    I have scoured Google and come up with nothing helpful. I have downloaded apps from the Play store claiming to give the proper settings. I have called customer service and submitted help tickets.

    Can anyone help me determine the proper APN settings for Lycamobile's data to function properly on the Nexus 4? Please, this service is a great value...just need to get the data working properly. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    999
    Carriers
    BYO Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by russ5811 View Post
    I have scoured Google and come up with nothing helpful. I have downloaded apps from the Play store claiming to give the proper settings. I have called customer service and submitted help tickets.

    Can anyone help me determine the proper APN settings for Lycamobile's data to function properly on the Nexus 4? Please, this service is a great value...just need to get the data working properly. Thank you.
    Found these settings for the Nexus at the site linked below ...

    Gogole Nexus:
    Name: lycamobile
    APN: data.lycamobile.com
    username: lmus
    password: plus
    MMSC: leave blank
    MMS Proxy: disable
    MMS Port:
    APN type:
    webpage:www.lycamobile.us
    http://forum.melbia.com/lycamobile/l...-htc-t251.html

    I hope this is what you need. Good luck. (BTW "Gogole" was their spelling.)
    BYO Wireless -- $5 "100/100" Plan -- 100 minutes, 100 texts -- & -- RingPlus -- $9.99 "Bella" Plan -- 400 minutes, 400 texts and 300 MBs

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I've already come across this page and the Nexus 4 ruining 4.3 does not have the same fields listed ( specifically the webpage field). Also, leaving the APN type field blank does not help.
    Sent with the HoFo App

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here are screen shots of my settings

    The password is plus
    Sent with the HoFo App
    Attached Images Attached Images        

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by russ5811 View Post
    Here are screen shots of my settings
    Is the battery % indicator in your screenshot an app, or are you using a custom rom? Thanks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    431
    Feedback Score
    0
    You just need to turn on data roaming.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0

    Solution?

    Quote Originally Posted by russ5811 View Post
    Here are screen shots of my settings

    The password is plus
    Sent with the HoFo App
    Russ, were you able to find a solution to your problem? If so, please share as I am having the same problem with a Nexus 4. Thanks!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0

    it worked

    Quote Originally Posted by parkroad22 View Post
    Russ, were you able to find a solution to your problem? If so, please share as I am having the same problem with a Nexus 4. Thanks!
    I was able to connect on my Nexus5 with setting given in image. Make sure you have data roaming ON. Good Luck.

    -AK

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    I had a lot of trouble configuring my APN and the following finally worked for me:

    name: lycamobile
    apn: data.lycamobile.com
    user: lmus
    password: plus
    authentication type: none
    apn type: default

    I called customer service multiple times and picked "set up mobile web" in the menu. They always gave me authentication type=PAP and apn type=internet. Finally went to "technical difficulties" menu option and they gave me the settings that worked.

    However, I do not have "3G" icon on the top, just the bars with the "R" over them.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 102
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 08:18 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 02:45 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 10:34 PM
  4. Proper APN settings for Android?
    By Benny_L in forum Mobilicity
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 07:19 PM
  5. APN settings for android please help
    By xxfirerican in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 09:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks