Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best phone to use on Assurance Wireless??

Device(s)
    iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, AT&T_ Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dqami View Post
    AW is starting to give Unlimited calls and text in Cali. I just purchased a refurb LG Rumour Touch off Ebay for under $20 shipped from tripletech71 (3 left as of now). Got it today and got it activated. It's a version 8 so probably can't load any apps. Still trying to figure the phone out as the manuals don't tell you much. If anyone can advise on loading videos and music or apps that would be cool.

If I can make calls w/o dropped signal then that will be a huge plus as the Jax is crap.
    Unlimited CAlls and Text are a sweet deal for California AW recipients.
    AW's Unlimited Talk, Text & Web costs $30 Everywhere else.
    Best Phone remains the Samsung Montage, especially if opting for AW's $30 Unlimited Everything.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $35 / $1 | AT&T PREPAID: .25/Min

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dqami View Post
    AW is starting to give Unlimited calls and text in Cali. I just purchased a refurb LG Rumour Touch off Ebay for under $20 shipped from tripletech71 (3 left as of now). Got it today and got it activated. It's a version 8 so probably can't load any apps. Still trying to figure the phone out as the manuals don't tell you much. If anyone can advise on loading videos and music or apps that would be cool.

If I can make calls w/o dropped signal then that will be a huge plus as the Jax is crap.
    The Rumor Touch is a feature phone, and you cannot add any third party apps. You're restricted to whatever may already be on there. If there is no video player, then videos will not play. However it may have a mp3 player. If so, easiest way to get music on there is load up a micro SD card with mp3s. It will take drilling down into maybe the Tools to find them once you put the card back into the phone.

Device(s)
    iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by futurephone View Post
    The Rumor Touch is a feature phone, and you cannot add any third party apps. You're restricted to whatever may already be on there. If there is no video player, then videos will not play. However it may have a mp3 player. If so, easiest way to get music on there is load up a micro SD card with mp3s. It will take drilling down into maybe the Tools to find them once you put the card back into the phone.
    Opera Mini, download it @ m.opera.com then download files/apps to SD card.
    also visit www.mobile9.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    Opera Mini, download it @ m.opera.com then download files/apps to SD card.
    also visit www.mobile9.com
    Does that work? It can hardly be worth it. I have a Rumor Reflex and the thing is a piece of crap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by futurephone View Post
    Played w/ it some more. Plays Mp3s fine; just drop them into the SD card. Plays videos in .3pg format; load them into the last photo folder.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to revive an old thread but it seemed silly to start a new one on the same topic. Are there any android phone that work with Assurance Wireless?
    Generic signature text.

Device(s)
    iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodville View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread but it seemed silly to start a new one on the same topic. Are there any android phone that work with Assurance Wireless?
    That's a good question... and very reasonable to assume that there would be a SmartPhone or two for use on the service by now. Unfortunately you would need to go with another service provider. The strange thing about Sprint/Virgin/PayLo/Assurance Wireless is that they seem to be stuck in 1995 with regards to the phone selection or options for assurance wireless. It seems to be that they think most of the Assurance Wireless subscribers are beyond incapable of requiring a smartphone or any of the benefits associated with owning one.
    Just recently visited a majority of American State Benefits sites (@ 30 different states) they all provided directions for using an android or ios app for access to many if not all the benefits ... everything from social security to taxes to employment based benefits and claims can be accessed through mobile apps. YET SPRINT's Assurance Wireless provides the most basic dumb phone for their subscribers.

A smartphone on assurance wireless would increase profits being generated from AW much faster than the additional minutes options now available. IT IS Probably Beyond Sprint's Ability to comprehend this whole profit generating stuff... they seem to prefer low profits and losses.... just sayin ...

Feedback Score
    How do you switch from the Jax phone to a PayLo phone?

Feedback Score
    Most of these phones can currently be activated for free service on Ringplus.

Device(s)
    iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Best phone for Assurance Wireless.... http://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop/...hone/features/

Quote Originally Posted by demsd View Post
    How do you switch from the Jax phone to a PayLo phone?
    online... log in here... https://www1.virginmobileusa.com/login/login.do

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Access wireless, budget mobile give smartphones I know an few people who are on lifeline

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    Hello im sorry if this is the wrong place ,but recently my jax phone that was sent to me via assurance 5 years ago has begun to not take a charge. I've bought a battery from a local battery shop before but they've stopped carrying it for this model ( probably because it's so old) I've contacted assurance and the cs rep said that almost all Pay lo phones work with assurance. And that I can set it up using my online acct. I have visited my local radio shack and non super target but due to being a small town that's all we have for " major" retailers. I have a few questions. 1. Does anyone have a list or link they'd be willing to share of which phones are paylo or where I can get it so I can purchase it online? And 2 does anyone know how long the set up process is online? I have access to a library computer for 30 mins increments and I'd rather not get half way done and my time be up and leave all my personal information on the computer. Thank you in advance.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero knowledge View Post
    Hello im sorry if this is the wrong place ,but recently my jax phone that was sent to me via assurance 5 years ago has begun to not take a charge. I've bought a battery from a local battery shop before but they've stopped carrying it for this model ( probably because it's so old) I've contacted assurance and the cs rep said that almost all Pay lo phones work with assurance. And that I can set it up using my online acct. I have visited my local radio shack and non super target but due to being a small town that's all we have for " major" retailers. I have a few questions. 1. Does anyone have a list or link they'd be willing to share of which phones are paylo or where I can get it so I can purchase it online? And 2 does anyone know how long the set up process is online? I have access to a library computer for 30 mins increments and I'd rather not get half way done and my time be up and leave all my personal information on the computer. Thank you in advance.
    Virgin mobiles website only listed two with one being out of stock. I know Best Buy had at least 6 when I bought the brio I am using. But no ones web site is showing any. So I searched eBay and found a few.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Paylo&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCL K&acimp=0&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR12.TRC2.X paylo&sqp=paylo

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Okeh ...

> ... recently my jax phone (assurance does) not take a charge.

After 5 years, this is reasonable.

>(The) local battery shop stopped carrying it
    >for this model ( probably because it's so old.)

You'll have to but something this old and special on-line - maybe from China.

>I've contacted assurance and the cs rep said that almost
    >all Pay lo phones work with assurance. And that I can
    >set it up using my online acct.

Those things are all true.

>I have a few questions.
    >1. Which phones are paylo or where I can get it

Paylo phones come from Virgin Mobile or a Virgin Mobile retailer. The selection of new phones is very limited.
    I suggest a used "Montage" (Samsung SPH-M390) or a new phone from Assurance Wireless..

>2. does anyone know how long the set up process is online?

The last time I did this, the online part took about a minute ; over-the-air activation also took about a minute.

>I have access to a library computer for 30 mins increments...

Going on chat is not a good idea then.

Regards, FJ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero knowledge View Post
    1. Does anyone have a list or link they'd be willing to share of which phones are paylo or where I can get it so I can purchase it online? And 2 does anyone know how long the set up process is online?
    I bought the Kyocera Contact from Virgin's website a few months ago. They had it for $14.95.

Amazon has the same phone, but you won't get it for that low. They have it for like $55.

Adding a new phone is as easy as clicking the link in your Virgin account and putting in the new phones serial number. Takes minutes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast