Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best phone to use on Assurance Wireless??

Device(s)
    iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, AT&T_ Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    You can find basic Virgin Mobile One Touch flip phone at Best Buy, it will activate on the Assurance Wireless accounts.
    Simply Log in to your assurance wireless OLAM at virginmobileusa.com and swap your phone.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $35 / $1 | AT&T PREPAID: .25/Min

Feedback Score
    Thank you all for your help. I've recently purchased a new Samsung montage from eBay. The price I paid for it was only about $12 more vs the flip style that virgin mobile was advertising on their site. Does anyon know why these phones aren't more "widely available "?

Feedback Score
    Any phone that works on AW could be activated for free on Ringplus for 1200 mins., 1200txts., and 1200mb data free each month (IF you stay within those limits!), same network. See the Ringplus thread on this site.
    Last edited by wesgreen; 11-23-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    I have applied to Assurance Wireless it is my first time applying there. After I signed up I didnt know how to use there login so I emailed them. Since I notice it takes awhile for them to email back when I did get an email they asked for my phone number and serial number. I emailed telling them since I have not received a phone from them I do not have a phone number or my serial number. I only had my 6 digit pin. I am confused on how this works and I am needing a phone before next year after new years its why I am in a hurry to get one. Someone please help me on this thanks.

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    >I have applied to Assurance Wireless

I've done that too.

>it is my first time applying there.

Good. Best to allow them a day or two to handle your application.

>After I signed up I didnt know how to use there login

You log on to Assurance (or Virgin Mobile) with your account number (same number as your mobile number) ; the password is the 6-digit security code you provided in your application.

Obviously, you can't do this until Assurance has blessed your application and assigned you a telephone number.

>so I emailed them. Since I notice it takes awhile
    >for them to email back when I did get an email
    >they asked for my phone number and serial number.

I would expect that. In the normal course of events, customer support would expect that you have applied, you have been accepted, your acceptance letter (containing your account number/phone number) has been received, and your phone has been received.

Your application could have been rejected, in which case they offer you a Virgin Mobile deal almost as good as the Assurance deal.

When you give them the serial number, they know that you have the phone and the phone can be activated. (You can also activate on-line or over-the-air.)

>I emailed telling them since I have not received
    >a phone from them I do not have a phone number
    >or my serial number.

>... why I am in a hurry to get one.

Patience. I concluded that I should apply with snail mail. I got the acceptance letter from Assurance in less than a week, the phone arrived two days later, I activated immediately. I logged on to Assurance and noted the "renew" or roll-over date. Everything was working.

In California, this is followed by an exchange with the "California Lifeline Administrator." They sent me a letter, I sent them a letter and they sent me a letter. When the "renew" date on the Assurance page changed, I knew everything had gone through. Assurance has blessed me ; the California Lifeline Administrator has blessed me and Assurance knows that I have been blessed by the Administrator.

For what it's worth, "Vallarta Markets" in Southern California will do this at the service desk - no 800 number, no Fax, no e-mail, no snail mail.

Regards, FJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3