Thread: Master Security Lock for Samsung M320?

Feedback Score

Master Security Lock for Samsung M320?

Hello,

I'm new to the Sprint world, coming from GSM (T-mobile). When my niece upgraded phones, she gave me her old Samsung M320 feature phone. I'd like to use it with a Sprint MVNO (Ringplus) but need to be able to manually set the MDN and MSID. For that, the phone wants the security (Master Security Lock) which seems to be a 6 digit code that locks the phone to the Sprint network. I called Sprint and after a LONG discussion with a supervisor, they swear they will not provide the code unless the phone is active on an account. This seems just backwards to me - if it's on a Sprint account, I dont need the darn code! I've had no problem getting SIM unlock codes from ATT and T-mobile.

Can anyone help? Perhaps there are some "magic words" I need to say to the CS person to get them to give me the unlock code.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drooper View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to the Sprint world, coming from GSM (T-mobile). When my niece upgraded phones, she gave me her old Samsung M320 feature phone. I'd like to use it with a Sprint MVNO (Ringplus) but need to be able to manually set the MDN and MSID. For that, the phone wants the security (Master Security Lock) which seems to be a 6 digit code that locks the phone to the Sprint network. I called Sprint and after a LONG discussion with a supervisor, they swear they will not provide the code unless the phone is active on an account. This seems just backwards to me - if it's on a Sprint account, I dont need the darn code! I've had no problem getting SIM unlock codes from ATT and T-mobile.

Can anyone help? Perhaps there are some "magic words" I need to say to the CS person to get them to give me the unlock code.

Thanks.
    Are you sure you need to bother with a MSL? https://my.ringplus.net/device_validation_requests/new

Feedback Score

Msl

Yeah, their over the air programming does not work with this phone and it has to be manually programmed. It went thru their check, they assigned a phone number, but it will not update automatically. The phone still shows the old Sprint numbers.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drooper View Post
    Yeah, their over the air programming does not work with this phone and it has to be manually programmed.
    I see, I'd try requesting it via online chat http://www.sprint.com/landings/chat/?ECID=vanity:chat

I've read threads in the past where some have never had an issue getting the MSL while others have had to call several times.