Thread: LG840g Music Files not updating

Feedback Score

LG840g Music Files not updating

I put a nice collection of music files onto my LG840g by inserting the SD card into my laptop and dragging the music files into my "Other Files" folder on the phone. It worked great the first few times I added more music. But then lately, I found a bunch of other songs I wanted on there and I can drag them onto the card, and they appear on my laptop as if they're in the correct file. But when I put the SD card into the phone, the new songs do not appear.
    It's as if the phone is not reading the new files. The card is 16GB and is not nearly half full.
    Suggestions?
    Nan Dee

Feedback Score
    Let's start with the simple suggestion ........ have you tried power cycling the phone? Step two would be pull out the battery while the phone is on .... sounds hokey - but it's on the easy suggestion list.

Depending on how you reply to above, we'll have more suggestions.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    What is power cycling? I am brand new to cell phones! I'll try that first, before the battery trick.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Nan Dee,
    power cycling = turn the phone on, then off, then back on

Feedback Score
    You can only add 2000 songs to the LG840G. You can add more songs by putting them in a folder and transferring them to the phone. On my phone, if I am playing songs that are in a folder the icons for favorites, shuffle, loop and min/max are not visible. I can't find anyway around this, has anyone else been able to make those icons appear when you are playing songs that are in a folder?

Urge