Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Moto X Release Thread

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So why do you care?
    Why should every person who comes to this forum to discuss Motorola devices have to dig through reams of garbage posts by you so they can simply try and find out something about a phone they are interested in and you are not?
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    "Garbage"?

A substantive response to either of my questions would be more productive, don't you think? If you think I'm wrong – lost in left field, or not even in the park – I'll happily listen to your opinions.♪"We can work it out." ♪But I'm not the only poster disappointed in these four new X8 GooMotos.

I care because – other things equal – I'd rather have a Moto handset. I want to see Motorola back in the thick of it. But I don't see it happening.

Can I still hope that Mr. MoGoo won't be the last man to board the Snapdragon 800 bandwagon in Q4, but rather Intel's fugleman jumping to the fore of the Silvermont parade?

Please, *something* to get excited about.

♪Where have all the lens caps gone? ♪
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 09-07-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Reams of garbage.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    That's your best shot? How about showing why I'm wrong. Give us some insights. Dig up some new facts. Add something positive to the discussion. C'mon, if you have a position of your own – other than smearing mine – then develop and defend that. Be positive like me. I mean, I'm positive Mr. MoGoo can do better.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    So, net result, the new Moto features, just like Sammy's TW stuff, tend to be over-hyped gimmicks that many owners will not use?
    I have not seen Moto X owners complaining about the features, I have seen nothing but praise for them even in professional articles like this one.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Agreed. If people are early-adopters of a handset, and did their homework, then they are unlikely to be surprised. What I am seeing is too many people, like myself, who really wanted these X8 Moto handsets to be special, but after doing their homework were disappointed and -regretfully- did not choose to own one.

I'm still hopeful, though less so now, that the Q4 "hero" GooMo device will not disappoint. External storage, mSD, will be the telltale on the shroud.

If it's any consolation, LG is the other OEM that I regard fondly; the VX-9800 flagship og "V" was the best phone I ever owned. I just noticed the new LG G 8.3 tablet. And as I studied it I became first excited and then ecstatic. It was turning out to be exactly what I wanted. Really a special device. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was limited to 16GB IM and had no onboard external memory – no mSD.

I'm still not all that fond of Samsung — BUT, time and again, it turns out that one of Sammy's offerings is the best overall choice for me. The GTab3 8" is not as good a tablet as the LG, but it's pocketable and it has the *necessary* storage options. So, it'll have to do.

Moogle ignores us hofolks at it's peril. Like most of us here, I have acquaintances – let alone friends – carrying Sammy's stuff, even while I'm wishing there had been a Moto I could have felt good about recommending, instead.

If Mr. MoGoo wants back in the race, he's going to have to 'give the customers what they want' and widely so, out to about 3 sigmas, I'd expect. Can't be business as normal again. Gotta wring out the bell. This is a situation where Sammy's shotgun will best a goomoto bull's eye every time.

After all, most of us "just want to be on the side that's winning" [-Dylan] however idiotic that may be.

Last edited by TC_Mits; 09-10-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Device(s)
    Maxx VE, E815, Razr V9m, Moto Driod, Moto Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Would everyone who is verbalizing opinions about this phone, that actually own one, please raise their hand?
    Let's see if we could have Two threads. Moto Release Thread, "for those that own one"[/I] and [I]"Moto release thread, "for those who don't own one" .

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I own one. I am finding Active Notifications useful for moments when I want to check the time, I simply whip out the phone and see the time without having to press the power button.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    The Moto X developer edition for Verizon is now available for purchase http://www.motorola.com/us/shop-all-...n-verizon.html

Device(s)
    Droid Maxx & LG Clout
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Guess I'm old school. I still look at my watch to tell time. Don't have to whip out my phone nor press anything. LOL

Device(s)
    Maxx VE, E815, Razr V9m, Moto Driod, Moto Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If your were "old school", you would use the sun. Maybe your just a step behind.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bharath23 View Post
    The Moto X developer edition for Verizon is now available for purchase …
    Has vzw vetted, certified, and ESNed it yet ? Can it be activated and get its own official vzw SIM?

Why won't Verizon activate an LTE Nexus 7 on their network?

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it wouldn't have been made available if all that had not already happened.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    That's good to know. Google appears not to have taken the same care with the N7 which is still not vzw approved despite being available now and advertised as a vzw compatible device. True, it's not CDMA, but googs should have cleared the Nexus 7 release with the lady in red, in the same way that you note that it apparently has done with the Moto X developer edition.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    That's good to know. Google appears not to have taken the same care with the N7 which is still not vzw approved despite being available now and advertised as a vzw compatible device. True, it's not CDMA, but googs should have cleared the Nexus 7 release with the lady in red, in the same way that you note that it apparently has done with the Moto X developer edition.

I think in this case it is not an issue as it is the same device that is currently running on the verizon network with the bootloader unlocked and additional storage (hopefully minus some of the verizon bloatware). In the case of N7 it is completely a new device.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast