Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Moto X Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    That makes sense. I hope the same logic will hold true also for the vzw S4 developer model direct from Samsung.

♪Where have all the lens caps gone? ♪
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bharath23 View Post
    I think in this case it is not an issue as it is the same device that is currently running on the verizon network with the bootloader unlocked and additional storage (hopefully minus some of the verizon bloatware). In the case of N7 it is completely a new device.
    That and the N7 is LTE and Data only which may somehow make it unique as far as selling a plan FOR it. N7 works just fine if you alread have a line active on a sim and drop it in the N7. So it's just an issue with making the N7 the official device shown on some line on your account. I personally wish such nonsense could stop and you could just have completely device agnostic plans and just have a list of devices that the support teams would support. Support is probably also part of the issue with N7 as no version of it will be actively sold or market by VZW and there will be no version locked to VZW.

A lot of new ground for VZW with the N7 really. Don't think they have ever officially allowed a nonVZW specific device on their network in a public and official way like this.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Do us all a favor and keep the discussion of other devices and OEMs out of this thread, thanks!
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Motorola pushing 100k Moto X smartphones each week

Not 200k/day like the GS3 averaged out of the gate, but still respectable — and made in the USA!

Last edited by TC_Mits; 09-20-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post

Motorola pushing 100k Moto X smartphones each week

Not 200k/day like the GS3 averaged out of the gate, but still respectable — and made in the USA!

Not bad for a company who has been in a huge slump for the past two years or so and has mostly exclusively dealt with one carrier eh?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    Not bad for a company who has been in a huge slump for the past two years or so and has mostly exclusively dealt with one carrier eh?

Not sure that says too much about retail sales rates and inventory levels just yet. Great production rate above sales rate can just force huge discounts and losses overall later if the get ahead of themselves. Wonder what share is Moto Maker? Those are for sure sold to end users.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    Wonder what share is Moto Maker? Those are for sure sold to end users.
    I cannot say but Moto Maker has been being advertised pretty heavily and you cannot miss a Moto Maker station in an AT&T store.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    I cannot say but Moto Maker has been being advertised pretty heavily and you cannot miss a Moto Maker station in an AT&T store.

I think the X is going to be a huge hit. Verizon isn't pushing hard, as they have the Droid lineup, so most sales are ATT. That makes it huge.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Seems everyone was waiting for the VZW Dev Edition to be released...it sold out in under an hour, came back on and went out of stock again and now shows a message about unprecedented demand and to try again soon.

Same thing happened with the T-Mobile edition which also has an unlockable bootloader.

Anyone see a trend here?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman View Post
    Seems everyone was waiting for the VZW Dev Edition to be released...it sold out in under an hour, came back on and went out of stock again and now shows a message about unprecedented demand and to try again soon.

Same thing happened with the T-Mobile edition which also has an unlockable bootloader.

Anyone see a trend here?
    This is interesting stuff. I went for the Maxx. Went for a smoke at work and a buddy asked if it was the Moto X. People just don't know the names of phones much outside of GS3/4 and iPhone.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Anyone see a trend here?
    Verizon Wireless needs to take notes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    They released an update with fixes for the camera for the T-Mobile version tonight...less than 2 weeks after the phone was released for that carrier. Well reviewed and documented improvements in color accuracy and lower noise levels.

Not bad...

Feedback Score
    Yeah...looks more like what such a sensor should be able to deliver. Maybe even competitive with the right competitors.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7353/m...camera-quality

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They released an update with fixes for the camera for the T-Mobile version tonight...less than 2 weeks after the phone was released for that carrier. Well reviewed and documented improvements in color accuracy and lower noise levels.

Not bad...
    That and they promised an update for other Moto X phones 'soon,' with their track record lately that should mean sooner rather than later.

I love the phone, it is 95% stock Android with features that I can actually use.
    Last edited by akhi216; 09-25-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Anyone see a trend here?
    Yes, the trend would be that people don't like locked bootloaders.

By the way, Motorola X Developer Edition just sold out again:

http://www.motorola.com/us/shop-all-...n-verizon.html

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast