Thread: LG Exalt Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

LG Exalt Release Thread

Please use this thread to discuss the LG Exalt.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/d...phone/lg-exalt
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question where does the speakerphone sound come out ?

I'm evaluating this as a possible purchase. Where on the phone does the sound come out when you turn on speakerphone mode ? I read and searched the manual and Verizon's online pictures and spinning model and can not identify this. I'm concerned about the possibility that the Exalt speakerphone functions the same as the LG VX8700 -- the 8700's speakerphone sound came out of the earpiece.

I alternate between a Casio Ravine 2 and an LG Clout VX8370. There's an appreciable difference between the speakerphone of each one. When there's ambient noise, in contrast to the Ravine 2 the sound coming out of the 8370's stereo speakers is harder to hear and less intelligible. I'm mentioning this because if the speakerphone is only adequate on an LG basic phone with stereo speakers and if the Exalt speakerphone sound is coming out of only the earpiece or a small hole somewhere on the phone, then I'm expecting the Exalt speakerphone to be worse than that of the Clout.

I tried to answer this question myself by walking into a mid-size Verizon store to use a working demo phone of the Exalt. Instead, not only is there no Exalt there but half of the display phones are just dummy phones.

There are some weeks where I use the speakerphone about 50% of the time -- so that's why the Ravine 2 is my primary phone and why I want find out more about the Exalt.

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-VN360-exalt
    Last edited by Matt_; 09-04-2013 at 02:53 AM.
    (1) "Tutorial: Making Album Art Work (Most LG phones)" (link)
    (2) "MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity" (link)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i just got one for a field sales user. I can test it out and let you know. the phone is huge when flipped open. the screen is very large but the phone itself feels a little flimsy IMO. Not for a outdoors user I wouldn't think.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    When on the speakerphone, the sound comes out of the back of the phone at the bottom.

http://imgur.com/a/XVX9I

I have the original Revere for size comparison. After playing with the Revere hinge, I wouldn't say the Exalt is any weaker. At first I thought the Exalt was more flexible but it's not. I am really impressed with reception. I'm a Moto fanboy but I'll give it to LG on this one. I will say the screen is not quiet as bright in direct sunlight as the Revere. Haven't had it long enough to comment on battery life but after almost 24 hours, it's still showing a full battery.

Name:  1hCbtHG.jpg
Views: 5991
Size:  80.6 KB
    Name:  dywSzqt.jpg
Views: 2783
Size:  71.6 KB
    Name:  kXcbRl8h.jpg
Views: 3566
Size:  51.3 KB

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Since it looks like I'm not going to be reviewing the LG Exalt, I took a look at the phone in a store a week ago.
    The phone is much bigger than my LG Clout VX8370. The screen is larger at 3", and the keys are also larger, so this is more of an "older person" type of phone.
    But here's what I don't like, the front display is made up of LED dots. This is basically useless. A real external display like on the Clout shows more info. Also, the Exalt doesn't have the stereo speaker or front music buttons.
    So I actually like my Clout more than the Exalt.

Another option is the Samsung Convoy 3. I haven't seen it in-person, but it also has stereo speakers, front color LCD, and music buttons...just like the LG Clout.

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thank you very much both of you for your comments on and impressions of the Exalt !

For a third family member on the calling plan who would not have any need for the speakerphone or the external display, putting together the feedback here (particularly concerning the praise about the reception) this could be an appropriate phone.

How is the call volume ? This person has enough hearing loss such that he might need the Exalt to be capable of having enough voice quality through the earpiece with minimal distortion at higher volume levels.

But based on the comments about the poorer visibility outdoors of the display screen and the limitations of the external/front display, the Exalt probably won't be appropriate for a second family member and myself. I use the external display of the Ravine 2 regularly because the Ravine 2 lets you adjust the ringer and ringer volume with the side volume keys without having to open the phone. Regarding the second family member, this person does not wear a wristwatch and uses the external display to check the time; also, this person uses the external display to check for missed call alerts.

rza49311:
    Thank you for reporting about the location of the speakerphone. At your convenience, may I ask for your feedback about how the speakerphone performs particularly out in public where there's background noise from conversations or traffic ?

Device(s)
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Another option is the Samsung Convoy 3. I haven't seen it in-person, but it also has stereo speakers, front color LCD, and music buttons...just like the LG Clout.
    Earlier this month I stopped at a Verizon store to evaluate a demo phone of the Convoy 3. But an employee told me that it would be an online exclusive for another two weeks. So far there are three customer comments on Verizon's website reporting that the text message font size both before and after adjusting it is too small. If I can find a Verizon store with a demo phone, I would like to evaluate this for myself.

If this is true, then this would rule out the Convoy 3 for myself and the second family member. That would mean the only option for the two of us is to buy two more of the Ravine 2 as spare phones.

If you are allowed to say, have you heard any rumors about another rugged non-smartphone from Casio ? And do you know how much longer the Ravine 2 will be on the market ?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    If you are allowed to say, have you heard any rumors about another rugged non-smartphone from Casio ? And do you know how much longer the Ravine 2 will be on the market ?
    Sorry, haven't heard anything about another Casio phone, it took quite a while for the newest G'zOne Commando 4G to be released. So the Casio Ravine 2 will still be out for many months.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    rza49311:
    Thank you for reporting about the location of the speakerphone. At your convenience, may I ask for your feedback about how the speakerphone performs particularly out in public where there's background noise from conversations or traffic ?
    I will do some testing next week for you if I can.

However, on a side note, I wanted to mention the front display. The front does display the time when you hit either of the volume rockers. Also, it has a set of animated images it displays based on various conditions(missed call, unread txt, voicemail, low battery).

It even has a menu under settings to show you what all of them mean. To save time, I just took a pic of each of them so you could see. I did however, take the first one outside in the sunlight which shows the time.

http://imgur.com/a/ohEOp

Feedback Score
    This is a great phone for an older person, yes it's bigger but easy to hold and the buttons are large and easy to see, the sound is the best I have had on a cell phone and I have a severe hearing loss. the snap on cover from Verizon make it less slippery due to the non slip coating..

Device(s)
    Siemens S46
    Feedback Score
    I alternate between a Casio Ravine 2 and an LG Clout VX8370.
    Matt, have you ever been able to sideload opera mini on the Clout? Was considering the Exalt for my mother, but data transmission is only 1 x RTT. Thanks.
    We have seen the enemy and he is us.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rza49311 View Post
    I will do some testing next week for you if I can.
    Sorry Matt_. I didn't have time to test it before giving it to a field user. I will say this though. There is an option under the settings called Hearing Assist. It's claim is that it "sets the phone to automatically adapt to noisy environments."

I'm not sure if this is a new feature for LG or if it has been in previous phones.

Feedback Score
    The Exalt shows up as $79.99 with 2 year plan on Verizon's site, and $19.99 with the same plan on Amazon. Am I missing something here? Why the huge difference?