Thread: can balance on one prepaid phone be transferred to another prepaid phone?

Feedback Score

can balance on one prepaid phone be transferred to another prepaid phone?

I have a Verizon postpaid account

I also have two Verizon prepaid phones.

Prepaid phone #1 has about $50 on it. It has been active for over 8 months.

Prepaid phone #2 has about $15 on it. It has been active for 1 month.

I'm going to put prepaid phone #1 on my one of the lines on my postpaid family share account. By doing so, I'll lose the $50 unused balance. Can I transfer the $50 to prepaid phone #2?

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When you port a prepaid number to postpaid, the balance will credit to your postpaid account. After that is completed, you can cancel the line if you don't need it. This should also allow you to use your prepaid phone hardware on postpaid, but they are getting stricter about that.

Carriers
    t-mobile prepay
    Verizon inpulse
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HF305 View Post
    When you port a prepaid number to postpaid, the balance will credit to your postpaid account. After that is completed, you can cancel the line if you don't need it. This should also allow you to use your prepaid phone hardware on postpaid, but they are getting stricter about that.
    Please clarify "when that is completed". Do you mean porting the number or using up the prepaid balance for the postpaid charges?
    Can the prepaid balance be held for future use and the Verizon postpaid service "suspended" until needed.

The scenario I would like is to get a 4G phone with my prepaid balance and then only use the phone when I am travelling and need Verizon wider coverage. I have a balance of over $400 that I just keep adding $100 per year and hardly ever use (when travelling).

Can the Verizon prepaid balance transfer with a plan purchased at any dealer or only corporate stores?

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbears View Post
    I have a Verizon postpaid account ; I also have two Verizon prepaid phones.
    Prepaid phone #1 has about $50 on it. It has been active for over 8 months ; Prepaid phone #2 has about $15 on it. It has been active for 1 month.
    I'm going to put prepaid phone #1 on my one of the lines on my postpaid family share account.

**By doing so, I'll lose the $50 unused balance. Can I transfer the $50 to prepaid phone #2? **
    There are two questions in this thread : The answer to this one is no. HF305 has offered a way recover the $50.
    Regards, FJ

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmthomas View Post
    1. Please clarify "when that is completed".
    2. Do you mean porting the number or using up the prepaid balance for the postpaid charges?
    3. Can the prepaid balance be held for future use and the Verizon postpaid service "suspended" until needed.
    4. The scenario I would like is to get a 4G phone with my prepaid balance and then only use the phone when I am travelling and need Verizon wider coverage. I have a balance of over $400 that I just keep adding $100 per year and hardly ever use (when travelling).
    5. Can the Verizon prepaid balance transfer with a plan purchased at any dealer or only corporate stores?
    This question has several parts :

1. Completed means "do the change to postpaid first." If you want to delete one of your accounts, do that *after* the change to postpaid is complete.
    2. Since this all in Verizon - land, this is not a port but something like a "change in status." The OP wants to save the cash balance in his prepaid account. Using up the cash balance would be a tidy solution.
    3. I believe a postpaid account can be suspended.
    4. Sure, that's called an ESN change - call customer service and get it done.
    5. Dunno.
    Regards, FJ

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    mmthomas, that is more of a postpaid question. I think that same as any new postpaid customer, you will need to pay the contract price for the phone upfront at the time of signing. It can take several days for your prepaid balance to come over.