Thread: BYOP Sprinit HTC EVO 4G Phone

Feedback Score

BYOP Sprinit HTC EVO 4G Phone

I have a htc EVO 4G phone that I love. Will I ever be able to use my phone (it has a clean ESM #) with Straigth Talk phone service? Any help would be appreciated, Thank You. Roy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ftlaudgraves View Post
    I have a htc EVO 4G phone that I love. Will I ever be able to use my phone (it has a clean ESM #) with Straigth Talk phone service? Any help would be appreciated, Thank You. Roy
    no, straight talk will not allow sprint phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    no, straight talk will not allow sprint phones.
    Thank You for responding. I know that they currently do not allow this phone, but does anyone know if in the future that they will possibly? Because on the BYOP screen says that you can't with a iPhone or Blackberries, but yet they will sell you a brand new one that does work. Any response will be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Thank You for responding. I know that they currently do not allow this phone, but does anyone know if in the future that they will possibly? Because on the BYOP screen says that you can't with a iPhone or Blackberries, but yet they will sell you a brand new one that does work. Any response will be appreciated.
    probaly not any time soon. maybe when sprint gets new phones then they'll retire the htc EVO 4G . then straight talk might get it
    but don't hold your breath.

Feedback Score
    probaly not any time soon. maybe when sprint gets new phones then they'll retire the htc EVO 4G . then straight talk might get it
    but don't hold your breath.

Straight Talk now has a special program going on that allows you to BYOP CDMA phones. They do have some restrictions on what phones can be added to their ESN database. One restriction that I remember, quickly off the top of my head, is that you can't use any 4G LTE devices.

I just recently got my HTC EVO 4G Sprint phone added to their database. You do have to pay for the activation at $14.95.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dlaroche View Post
    Straight Talk now has a special program going on that allows you to BYOP CDMA phones. They do have some restrictions on what phones can be added to their ESN database. One restriction that I remember, quickly off the top of my head, is that you can't use any 4G LTE devices.

I just recently got my HTC EVO 4G Sprint phone added to their database. You do have to pay for the activation at $14.95.
    the way i understand is only 3G & older verizon phones are to be activiated on this program. is your phone running on sprint or verizon ??

Feedback Score
    the way i understand is only 3G & older verizon phones are to be activiated on this program. is your phone running on sprint or verizon ??
    I had to dial *288 and then press 1 to get it to activate. When I dialed *228 I got a welcome to Verizon programming message. So I am assuming it is Verizon towers it is running off of.

Feedback Score
    My contract ran out in December of 2012, and I didn't renew then. So its been about 10 months since the phone has been in active use via "Sprint" service. Have been using the phone daily to connect to the internet etc. but haven't used the phone to place phone calls. Thanks for the dialog

Feedback Score
    My contract ran out in December of 2012, and I didn't renew then. So its been about 10 months since the phone has been in active use via "Sprint" service. Have been using the phone daily to connect to the internet etc. but haven't used the phone to place phone calls. Thanks for the dialog
    please let us know when you put your sprint phone on straight talk cdma and get to use verizon towers.. thanks!