Thread: How to unlock GSM 1900MHz Ericsson CA-318, CH-388, and CF-388

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Post How to unlock GSM 1900MHz Ericsson CA-318, CH-388, and CF-388

Information should be free.

Before I start- I'm having trouble unlocking Ericsson ca-638 and ch-668 (haven't tracked down any 700 series yet) so if anyone has any insight on how to do this, please PM me. I've tried 4 different types of data cables and about 20+ unlocking apps with no success
    No luck either with unlocking my ch-337. Although for this one, I'd have to re-flash the EEPROM as I accidentally hit the "Yes" button to the flash option when in service mode bricking it (I believe the app to use is called "EMMA"- There's the install "shell" to which you have to install an "installer application" for each phone you want to service. Both apps I don't have.)

The following will show you how to unlock the GSM 1900MHz Ericsson CA-318, CH-388, and CF-388.

What you need

For this unlock you just need the RS-232 (serial) data-cable and unlocking app. The unlocking app suite is called “Universal Simlock Remover 1.09” (USR). Download here: http://simlock.gsm-support.net/.
    The data-cable you can buy here: http://www.gsm-technology.com/index....ategories.html

Or the multi-cable version: http://www.gsm-technology.com/index....ategories.html

Or from this user on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-ERICSSO...item19e13fda7d (eBay item number: 111153240701- user “trading_trader” )
    Note: I believe this eBay cable to be the same as the multi-one from GSM-Technology but don’t hold me to this.

If you don’t want to buy the cable, here are the pin-outs to make your own:
    http://gsmserver.com/pinout/ericsson...18_337_388.php
    and
    http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhonesCabl...3_pinout.shtml

You’ll need a laptop\desktop with a Serial port, running Win98 or XP. I suggest a dual boot of Win98 and XP especially if you’re going to unlock other phones as some of these unlocking apps only work in Win98 and vice versa with XP. Personally, I use a Dell Latitude C610 (P3 1.2GHz) but have also used a Dell Optiplex GX280 (P4 2.8GHz).

How to Unlock

Make sure the phone is off, no SIM card is inserted, connect it to the laptop\desktop, and fire up the USR app. You’ll see a whole bunch of apps but go to “Ericsson”, click the little plus and choose “Ericsson Service Software v1.7” and hit “Start”.

Name:  Ericsson Home Service Software.PNG
Views: 1173
Size:  74.2 KB

Check the “Clear SP Lock”, make sure Com1 is selected, and then click “Make selected jobs” button.

Name:  Ericsson Home Service Software unlock radio checked.PNG
Views: 967
Size:  74.4 KB

You’ll then be asked to hit the “No” button on the phone, or to turn the phone on, but what you’re really doing is allowing the app to get the phone into service mode. If it doesn’t work at first you may have to try a few times to get the timing right but it’s pretty easy to do.
    If it worked you’ll see in the “Program status messages” screen that the phone has been unlocked successfully.

That’s it! You just unlocked your Ericsson CA-318, CH-388, or CF-388!

More guides to come

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    UPDATE***

The multi cable will NOT unlock the 3xx series. You need the regular data cable and not the flashing cable, which is what that multi cable is.
    I found out how to unlock the 6xx series Ericssons and will post that guide shortly. The multi flashing cable is what's needed, so if you bought it, no worries.
    As for the 7xx series, I'm working on a CF768 now...
    Last edited by bah101; 10-07-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bah101 View Post
    UPDATE***

The multi cable will NOT unlock the 3xx series. You need the regular data cable and not the flashing cable, which is what that multi cable is.
    I found out how to unlock the 6xx series Ericssons and will post that guide shortly. The multi flashing cable is what's needed, so if you bought it, no worries.
    As for the 7xx series, I'm working on a CF768 now...
    Did you ever get a chance to post the guide? I need to unlock a ch688. Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry for the late response as I didn't get the email regarding the new post in this thread until now for some reason...

Anyway, yeah, I can unlock an Ericsson CH-668. I actually forgot to follow up and post the SOP, though I never got around to actually creating it...

I did figure out how to unlock the following:

I guess I forgot to include these in the pic I uploaded but will upload a pic of these really soon
    Ericsson CA-318
    Ericsson CH-388
    Ericsson CF-388

Top row from left to right:
    Ericsson CA-638
    Ericsson CH-668
    Ericsson CF-688
    Ericsson T18z
    Ericsson T28z

Bottom row from left to right:
    Ericsson CF-768
    Ericsson CF-788
    Ericsson CF-888
    Ericsson I888 World
    Ericsson T28 World

Name:  File_000 (3).jpg
Views: 352
Size:  105.0 KB

The only Ericsson models I've never been able to figure out how to unlock, were the Ericsson CH-337 and Ericsson CF-337 (not shown, but I do have both).
    Nothing, and I mean nothing has ever worked...

Feedback Score
    bah101, can you help me with some problems i'm having using the Universal Simlock Remover? I keep getting Com 1 error or 8002 invalid port number when searching for the phone. I have all the tools required to unlock my CF388, I just don't know why it will not connect.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey MitchWilliams. Check your PM.