Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Billing issues with US Cellular...

Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score

Billing issues with US Cellular...

I find it very ironic that USCC sells quite a large area of their market to Sprint and now so many people are having billing issues. I say this because Sprint is very well know for all of their billing problems, over charges, no charges, etc. Not to mention the huge credits I would get back from them. lol What a friggin mess. That's when I came back to USCC and have since jumped ship to VZW. Even though we're paying a little more, it's worth not having these headaches. Needless to say, I gave up an awesome plan on USCC and am kind of sad to see what used to be a great company falling slowly flat on it's face. It's a shame...

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile (S3) Tracfone (ZTE Valet) & AT&T (Galaxy Express, Lumia 520)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n1philli View Post
    I find it very ironic that USCC sells quite a large area of their market to Sprint and now so many people are having billing issues. I say this because Sprint is very well know for all of their billing problems, over charges, no charges, etc. Not to mention the huge credits I would get back from them. lol What a friggin mess. That's when I came back to USCC and have since jumped ship to VZW. Even though we're paying a little more, it's worth not having these headaches. Needless to say, I gave up an awesome plan on USCC and am kind of sad to see what used to be a great company falling slowly flat on it's face. It's a shame...
    I signed up with US Cellular in November of 2012, right before it all started to fall apart. They are destroying themselves, and I've honestly contemplated paying the ETF to go elsewhere. The pre-paid market just keeps getting more attractive every month.

Now that they're requiring two-year contracts all the time, there's no compelling reason to stick around. USCC's handset selection was always disappointing, but the fact you could avoid a contract after two years was worth the trade-off. Now they're just like the "Big Boys" except with fewer devices.

Phones
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Motorola v323
    Retired: Motorola v262, v60i, Nokia 6360, 6161
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I sure HOPE this gets straightened out and goes back to normal. Not reassuring at all that they've offered almost zero communication with the public though. Not how even much more minor situations are usually handled.

Carrier
    Us Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Funny you should say that Tigerwolf, they are sending letters (finally) out in the coming week. Not sure if it's just to businesses or everyone, but if you ask me, too little too late. This should have been handled much better and I hope that they have terminated those responsible, oh wait, that would only leave the customer service people, as those are the true warriors in this mess. I feel sorry for them, going to the fight with a sling shot and a couple of pebbles while everyone else has tanks and grenades......
    Hawk swoops down on his prey!!!!!

Carriers
    Net 10 (U S Cellular)
    Page Plus (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkcell View Post
    Funny you should say that Tigerwolf, they are sending letters (finally) out in the coming week. Not sure if it's just to businesses or everyone, but if you ask me, too little too late. This should have been handled much better and I hope that they have terminated those responsible, oh wait, that would only leave the customer service people, as those are the true warriors in this mess. I feel sorry for them, going to the fight with a sling shot and a couple of pebbles while everyone else has tanks and grenades......
    U.S. Cellular Headquarters •Kenneth R. Meyers
    President and Chief Executive Officer
    8410 W. Bryn Mawr
    Suite 700
    Chicago, IL 60631-3486
    Telephone: 773-399-8900
    Last edited by HATMAN; 09-13-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Carriers
    Net 10 (U S Cellular)
    Page Plus (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Kenneth R. Meyers
    Kenneth R. Meyers
    President and Chief Executive Officer

Kenneth R. Meyers is president and chief executive officer of U.S. Cellular, a position he has held since June 2013. He brings more than 25 years of leadership experience at U.S. Cellular and Telephone and Data Systems (TDS) to the position and is focused on growing the business by delivering the best wireless experience for customers. He will leverage strategic and operational insights to continue to improve the execution of the company's customer-centric business plan.

Most recently, Meyers was the executive vice president and chief financial officer of TDS. His career with U.S. Cellular began in 1987, and he held several executive leadership roles within the company, including executive vice president and chief financial officer. Meyers is also on the board of directors of both TDS and U.S. Cellular.

Before joining U.S. Cellular, Meyers worked for Imi-Tech Corporation, a start-up manufacturer of advanced materials, where he served as controller, treasurer, and vice president of finance. Prior to that, he held several positions, including division controller and audit manager, with the Marmon Group and Trans Union Corporation.

Meyers, a certified public accountant, earned a bachelor's degree in business administration from Loyola University in Chicago and a master's degree in business administration from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill. He is married and has two adult daughters.
    Last edited by HATMAN; 09-14-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Carriers
    Net 10 (U S Cellular)
    Page Plus (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    TOO BAD JACK ISN'T STILL AT THE HELM TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E...._(businessman)

Phones
    HTC Desire CM7
    Retired: Nokia 6265i
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    He will leverage strategic and operational insights to continue to improve the execution of the company's customer-centric business plan.
    What about the proactive streamlining, synergy and core competencies? You can't be thinking outside the box and be fully buzzword-compliant without at least mentioning the synergy and core competencies, dammit.
    "I'm not a control freak, I'm a control enthusiast"

Carriers
    Net 10 (U S Cellular)
    Page Plus (Verizon)
    Feedback Score

Phones
    Motorola v323i-awesome!
    Motorola v323
    Retired: Motorola v262, v60i, Nokia 6360, 6161
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Still no indication they got my check...

That letter is better than nothing, but not actually going out to people and it can't be accurate considering all the problems I've heard!

Carriers
    Net 10 (U S Cellular)
    Page Plus (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerwolf View Post
    Still no indication they got my check...

That letter is better than nothing, but not actually going out to people and it can't be accurate considering all the problems I've heard!
    Good thing that all those folks posting on Face Book don't know that HOFO exists. If they did, this place would be swamped also...

Phones
    Galaxy Note II
    Backup 1: Galaxy S II
    Nexus 7
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I've been going in to the local corporate store and paying the same amount within the first week of the new month, since my last good bill/auto-payment (May 28). My end-of-June auto-payment failed, and I at least got the emails saying so at that time. After that I got no emails or anything. Then Aug. 28 I got the "your bill is ready" but the next email same day said I had a credit of 2 cents so they wouldn't be debiting. At least my billing period and auto-payment time stayed the same. Today though, I got another "your bill is ready" email, followed by another email saying I had a 2 cent credit and no debit would be done. ugh

It appears their system is slowly coming back and trying to catch up with accounting for the manual payments I made. I'm just hoping they will let me adjust the billing period back to the way it was. I'll wait until the end of this month and see what the next bill shows.

Feedback Score
    Well I got a letter in the mail today saying the payment for my bill was not received despite the check being mailed well in advance. I called my local US Cellular corporate store and they told me they couldn't help me, their computer system is down today and they don't know if it will be operating by tomorrow.

Seriously...? This is still going on?

Carrier
    USCC
    Feedback Score
    I am really pissed and thinking of leaving due to their obvious gross negligence. How dare US Cellular ignore me and not screw up my billing and reception like they must have done to all other customers based on all the posts here. I mean really, clear connections, accurate billing, no dropped calls and excellent customer service every time I call or visit the local USCC store. If they think they can keep ignoring me like that, they have picked the wrong hombre. And to think that the upgraded software problems, quite a common occurrence in all my years within industry, has apparently left me behind. I'm not even going to get into the fact that the rumor my third cousin on my mother's side heard about the NH market being taken over by Albania Tel & Tel never took place, and I was so looking forward to using a bag phone again. One more month of clear calls, timely billing or friendly customer service and I am out of here.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    I am really pissed and thinking of leaving due to their obvious gross negligence. How dare US Cellular ignore me and not screw up my billing and reception like they must have done to all other customers based on all the posts here. I mean really, clear connections, accurate billing, no dropped calls and excellent customer service every time I call or visit the local USCC store. If they think they can keep ignoring me like that, they have picked the wrong hombre. And to think that the upgraded software problems, quite a common occurrence in all my years within industry, has apparently left me behind. I'm not even going to get into the fact that the rumor my third cousin on my mother's side heard about the NH market being taken over by Albania Tel & Tel never took place, and I was so looking forward to using a bag phone again. One more month of clear calls, timely billing or friendly customer service and I am out of here.
    That was an entertaining read for sure. Consider yourself lucky is all I can say!

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast