Thread: APN's for Samsung Captivate Glide with Straight talk at&t

Feedback Score

APN's for Samsung Captivate Glide with Straight talk at&t

Help!
    I can talk, text, internet, but no picture texting. From what I am reading there are a lot of people with this problem with straight talk. Anyone find the right settings?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    I couldn't receive internet or text. Finally I got someone who reset something and I could...but I could only receive not send pictures. Kept calling..finally a lady reset provisions. I could send...but can't receive. Stoll have issues. If you fix yours can you post it?

Feedback Score

Don't waste time with Straight Talk Reps Sara

It will cause you hours and hours of frustrations and then they tell you to try your sims in a different phone. Likeour everyone has a spare. They they tell you virtually that a bring your own phone really isn't supported. I had features I am sure straight talk turned off because they aren't there and then just vanish.

Feedback Score
    Still no luck with settings. When I send or receive a text it often says it failed, but several times when I resent it the receiver tells me that they received the message twice. I've also received a message the same message 5 - 9 times when the sender only sent it once. But no picture messaging either way. Have to mention though, I had NET10 for 3 months and the first two ran out of data within 10 days, 3rd month a bit longer. With straight talk, not even close t running out and I know I used my data much more. So it seems they all have their issues. I guess that is the price you pay for saving over a contract plan.

Feedback Score
    Can you give me the settings you are using please? At least I could receive picture messages. If I ever get the right settings for sending picture texts, I'll surely post it!
    Quote Originally Posted by drmom000 View Post
    I couldn't receive internet or text. Finally I got someone who reset something and I could...but I could only receive not send pictures. Kept calling..finally a lady reset provisions. I could send...but can't receive. Stoll have issues. If you fix yours can you post it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy09 View Post
    Help!
    I can talk, text, internet, but no picture texting. From what I am reading there are a lot of people with this problem with straight talk. Anyone find the right settings?

Thanks
    You know I had issues when I first got the phone.... nothing from straight worked. I kept callimg and low and behold everything worked. I had a t-mobil card. They are currently six buks at walmart and it cost nothing to switch sims. The t-mobil service here is awful...so i switched to at&t. That is when my problems started over. Then I got a tech who ended up showing me how to make many of my pictures vanish. They were the first six months of my grandson's life. Anyway if t-mobil has good service there I can give you the apn and tell you how to set it up.

Feedback Score
    The t-mobil/straight talk card after you pester ST works great...if the service is good there. I could send settings. It is only $6 and cost nothing to switch sims. To have service that was any good here I had to get AT&T. The only thing the techs did was help erase some of my photos. (First 6 months of my grandson's like). That is my current project recovering them.

Phone
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    my buddies Samsung captive internet stoped working one day and we couldn't figer it out called up ST with no luck finally I put in the apn settings that I used for my Samsung mega 4g lte and it worked like a charm. everything works fine now and its using 3g like it should. u may give it a try I got the apns off straight talk

Feedback Score
    You know I had issues when I first got the phone.... nothing from straight worked. I kept callimg and low and behold everything worked. I had a t-mobil card. They are currently six buks at walmart and it cost nothing to switch sims. The t-mobil service here is awful...so i switched to at&t. That is when my problems started over. Then I got a tech who ended up showing me how to make many of my pictures vanish. They were the first six months of my grandson's life. Anyway if t-mobil has good service there I can give you the apn and tell you how to set it up.
    T-mobile does not work well in our area, very spotty. I've called ST several times, they say it is my phone, which is bologna because I have sent and received picture messages when it was NET10, very few times, but it did work occasionally. And with ST I've sent pics a few times that it worked, but have never received them. I think this is how they can sell a plan lower than AT&T or verizon contract, they don't allow usage of all the features, than blame your phone. Verizon is still best coverage in our area, but saving $30-$40 a month over contract plan we had, but of course, no picture messaging. I'll have to try the Samsung mega lte apns a try.

Feedback Score
    So somehow they got you to delete your pictures without your knowing? That stinks! Totally inept support.