Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6 GB/$30 - What's so special about it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warskull View Post
    Just got to keep an eye on data over the next few months to see how much I use and may switch.
    Also think about how much data you may find yourself using 2 or 3 years down the road. HD videos, HD images, heavier websites, video calling, voice calling using data, and so forth. All of these will become more and more prevalent as time goes by. Will 1GB be enough a few years from now? Will you be able to get 6GB down the road for anywhere close to a sane price?

Just a few things to consider, before you give up your current plan. Don't just think in the "now" - think ahead.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    One thing to note for people using allot of data is the possible overage charges. I tether my iphone for home internet since I live in the sticks and previously had the 6 G and Unlimited NA calling for under $100. For the few times I went over the 6 Gigs, I was charged astronomical overages and was easy to tack on another $100 to bill with minimal data used over the allotted 6G. About a year and a half ago, retentions put me on a $5-500meg overage plan, but that conveniently expired without me knowing and then had to pay outrageous bills. Called retentions again with the intent to dump Rogers all together and for now they topped my data to 8 Gigs and added $25 to my plan and lost NA calling as it got switched to Canada wide. I don't need 8 gigs of data, but its cheaper then paying the overages. So for now with less then a year on my contract, I think its really time to let go Rogers after supporting them for over a decade. With Family in Manitoba, I'm getting a (non Rogers)Manitoba plan and new Manitoba number and be done with it as my Iphone is unlocked. I'll continue buying phones outright as that seems to be the way to go nowadays. Gonna cost me $55/month with 5 gigs of data with $10/gig overages.
    Those of you nearing the end of contracts and looking to get a better plan. Keep in mind after contract is done, their is no longer moneys going to phone subsidy so thats around $20 per month profit for carrier after contract term or should be a $20 discount afterwards. Something to negotiate for those no longer buying subsidized phones.

Dan

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I had a friend who worked for a cell company and he would always tell me about that good plan in Manitoba.
    Have you tried calling Retentions some more?
    Fuelled by rice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2