Thread: f-02e mms receiving problems on att

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

f-02e mms receiving problems on att

Anyone have an f-02e on att or any fujitsu android and have mms receiving issues?

I can send out MMS with no issues using gosms, but I can't seem to receive any mms. I switched back to my sh-02d and while I don't get the old mms messages that I was testing, it receives any MMS i send to it.

This is stumping me right now and I can't find anything to fix it, the closest thing was this thread.
    http://androidforums.com/android-lou...r-problem.html
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...to-Receive-MMS

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play Droid, Moto X PE, Docomo SH-02G, F-07E;
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, GoPhone,
    Feedback Score
    Hi -- I am new to HoFo and joined just because of this issue. Were you ever able to solve it?

I just purchased a Docomo Fujitsu F-07E running JellyBean 4.2.2 on AirVoice (AT&T MVNO). I received the APN info for data and MMS and have data working fine, but no go on the MMS. I can't send or receive. I've tried modifying the APN settings, removing and re-adding them, basically anything I could find on the internet pertaining to APNs/MMS. Still no luck.

Would be grateful for any help or reply. I reallllllly love this phone but would be bummed if no MMS.

Thanks.

Edited to add: SMS works fine.
    Last edited by kgjulie; 11-04-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Update re SMS

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Still not working for me I've learned to deal with it, but it sucks not having it when people send me MMS. I can send with no issues, I just can't receive. Did you root your phone or disable any of the apps? I rooted my phone before trying mms, but Im not thinking that would be the issue.

I've tried a tmobile sim card and still have the same issues.

Same I love the phone too, despite the posts about the phone overheating and freezing, Im getting none of that and the phone works great for me minus the MMS issues. Battery life is great for standby usage too.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, GoPhone,
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your response. I was never able to get it working with AirVoice, but I did get MMS sending to work with T-Mo and AT&T sims (goPhone) via GoSMS. I put the APN info directly into the GoSMS app and it does send MMS, but only through the app; I can't send MMS through the stock messaging app or Messaging + GV app that I used with my prior phone. In no case or configuration am I able to receive MMS. Based on your response, I'll stop trying.

My phone isn't rooted (yet), and I haven't removed any of the docomo apps (yet). I'd like to work on that next. I find the voice mail configuration VERY confusing. It doesn't help that all the error messages that pop up are in Japanese (at least I *think* they're error messages, lol) although I knew that would be the case before purchasing.

Is there a general rule of thumb as to which apps are safe to remove? I'll spend some more time reading the forums, and post a new thread if I have questions about that.

Thanks again for your response. I still completely love this phone, battery life is unbelievable and it is a pleasure to look at vs. typical American "slab of black" smartphones. I can live without MMS and just cross my fingers and wait until Google updates Hangouts for Android!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    For sending mms on docomo androids, I've been using an external app instead of the stock one for all my messaging needs. GOSMS worked well and so did chompsms.

If you root, follow the xda guide, but I would recommend freezing the app after rooting instead of deleting the app, deleting can cause future problems, but freezing at least can free up ram, and not affect any future problems with having to recover the phone. I need to check later on with the apps I froze, but I used the list from cheesus's website and froze what I could. I probably could freeze more, but the phone runs good as it is.

For voicemail, what I've done on docomo phones is usually just dial my number to get to it, I never used any vm integration.

I am still finding it strange that there is an MMS receiving issue, I have it working on my sh-02d and am interested to see if other fujitsus have the problem or even the newer sharps.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, GoPhone,
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info.

I did install the Google Hangouts update, but it did nothing to solve the MMS receiving issue. Seems like it just redirects SMS/MMS from the stock app to Hangouts. It doesn't change the phone's settings or operations.

I can still send MMS *only* via GoSMS, not through stock, Hangouts, GV+, etc. All those work for SMS, but MMS sends only via GoSMS. Still cannot receive MMS. I can receive photos via Hangouts from my Google+ contacts, but I could do that before the update. Most of my friends/family are not on Google+ (they are on facebook though). At this point, I'm basically giving up on getting it to work (sadly).

For voicemail, my F-07E phone has an option called "Phone Memo" that I can toggle on and off. It seems to be a phone-based voicemail recorder (vs. network-based that I would have to dial into). It's a little bit of a conflict with Google Voice though. There are also options on the phone to set up regular network-based voicemail, but clicking any of those opens a browser window to NTT Docomo and I get what I'm guessing is an error message since I don't have Docomo service.

Feedback Score
    I have an F08D and have been struggling with the same issue. I found a temporary work around, as a way to view mms or forward it to your email, but it is browser based. If you enable messages.att.net it syncs all your sms and mms and you can view it there. Username and password is your AT&T mobile account login. Hope this helps.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by forwarding View Post
    I have an F08D and have been struggling with the same issue. I found a temporary work around, as a way to view mms or forward it to your email, but it is browser based. If you enable messages.att.net it syncs all your sms and mms and you can view it there. Username and password is your AT&T mobile account login. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip! I'll probably try this out, this is better than nothing and at least I can check this once a day or so and see if I got any picture messages.

I've been using my sh-02d again mostly due to the mms issues...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    have you tried it with another android phone that has mms working? it seems now the mms isn't receiving on the sh-02d now. going to be messing around this later when i get home

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    welp it was working well, but lately att has been "under maintenance" for the last week or so ugh so annoying they can't get the web version of the site working right

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, GoPhone,
    Feedback Score
    Was googling and came across AT&T's messaging app. Looks like it uses the messages.att.net functionality. I am on AT&T goPhone (prepaid) so it won't work for me, but thought it might help others with this MMS receiving issue. It is on the Google Play store and is called "AT&T Messages." There is a description of it on the AT&T site at att [dot] com [/] shop [/] apps. (Can't post links yet.) Good luck!

P.S. Since Google updated Hangouts to allow input of APN settings, I've been using that to send MMS. Cannot receive tho.