Thread: When will Straight Talk get the iPhone 5S?

Phone
    v551
    Carriers
    cingular
    Feedback Score

When will Straight Talk get the iPhone 5S?

I'm wanting to get a 5S, but was hoping to get it through ST via BeFrugal to get 22% cash back. When do you think the 5S will come to the ST website?

It does seem that apple has stiffed the pre-paid carriers in favor of the contract behemoths, but that is to be expected.

Phone
    Unlocked Motorola Atrix HD 4G LTE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile 4G LTE Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lonesouth View Post
    I'm wanting to get a 5S, but was hoping to get it through ST via BeFrugal to get 22% cash back. When do you think the 5S will come to the ST website?

It does seem that apple has stiffed the pre-paid carriers in favor of the contract behemoths, but that is to be expected.
    From what I have seen from time to time. Not soon.. On my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I imagine in a month if that fails after Christmas. You can always buy unlocked on their website though.

Sent with the HoFo App

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

not the 5s but maybe the 5c.you know the 5c being the cheapest of the two.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I don't know how your cashback thing works, but if it's through any walmart purchase, can't you just purchase a regular iPhone from whatever carrier at walmart and use it with ST BYOD?

Phones
    Nexus 5
    Moto Atrix HD
    Carrier
    AT&T (ST)
    Feedback Score
    Magic 8 ball says; "Future Unclear"

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Honestly, the best decision (IMHO) is to just get the iPhone 5 and be content. Is a fingerprint reader really worth $250 to you?

Think of it this way -- refurbished iPhone 5 (they are like brand new, I assure you) PLUS 6 months service (even at full retail price from ST) = $655

iPhone 5s (if / when ST starts selling it) likely = $650.

If you're worried about speed at all, don't be. The iPhone 5 is very fast. The camera is also great though you will get slightly better on the 5s. I highly doubt you'll see a massive difference in most situations. Going from a 4 to a 5/5c/5s is a big change. Going from a 4s to a 5 is a slight change. Going from a 5 to a 5s is somewhat of a technological change but you won't see much difference in application 99% of the time. I'm holding out for a re-design myself.

Feedback Score

Try this....

You can buy a factory unlocked 5s from the apple website for t-mobile. They and att both use GSM so all you would have to do it buy a new LTE micro sim from ST and use a sim cutter to trim it from a micro to a nano sim.
    Also my 4s is jailbroken so that I can access the cellular data menu from settings menu to change the apn address settings so that it works on ST. My jailbroken 4s has superb data, mms, and I even use google voice so that I can use visual voicemail without any problems.

Phones
    BM iPhome 5S, Prevail, Sanyo Incognito, iPhone 3g ,Samsung t319 (Unlocked), Nokia 6101 (unlocked),
    Treo 600 (unlocked), Motorola V400 (unlocked), Nokia 3650 (unlocked),
    Samsung N105, Nokia 3390 Gold, LG TouchPoint 1100, Nokia 5190
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream,
    Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicajun View Post
    You can buy a factory unlocked 5s from the apple website for t-mobile. They and att both use GSM so all you would have to do it buy a new LTE micro sim from ST and use a sim cutter to trim it from a micro to a nano sim.
    Also my 4s is jailbroken so that I can access the cellular data menu from settings menu to change the apn address settings so that it works on ST. My jailbroken 4s has superb data, mms, and I even use google voice so that I can use visual voicemail without any problems.
    Yes that should work but the OP is trying to get a significant discount through a third party referral website currently offering 22% cash back via Paypal or ACH Direct Deposit.

Phone
    v551
    Carriers
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Magicski got it right. I saw the refurb i5 on the ST site, but the reviews said the 5S camera is worth the $150-$200. I figure since most of our photos are going to be taken with a phone, and our two kids, 1&3 will give plenty to take pictures of, I would be better off with the better camera.

Phone
    iPhone 5 - VZW
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Magicski got it right. I saw the refurb i5 on the ST site, but the reviews said the 5S camera is worth the $150-$200. I figure since most of our photos are going to be taken with a phone, and our two kids, 1&3 will give plenty to take pictures of, I would be better off with the better camera.
    The camera on the 5s is amazing. I love burst mode. I literally take hundreds of photos in seconds and the iPhone choose the best one in microseconds.
    iPhone 4 - 550 Min Fam Plan w/ 5 F&F | Unl Data | 1500 Txt | Home Phone Connect (2nd Line)

Feedback Score
    I have burst mode on my 4s. Sorry but a 200 dollar premium over a refurb(new) 5 for a slightly better camera is just crazy to me.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    Galaxy S4 32GB (ATT / ST)
    Carriers
    Verizon (both, currently)
    Feedback Score
    The 5S also has 120FPS video.

For most that's not a big deal, but if you do quick motion type video's the increase is nice. Especially if you slow it down