Thread: IPhone 5 with IOS 7 - cannot set MMS APN settings

Feedback Score

IPhone 5 with IOS 7 - cannot set MMS APN settings

I've looked at the various tutorials on how to configure the iPhone for MMS by putting in a different SIM to get the Cellular Network menu working, and then switching back to the H2O SIM while the settings screen is open and proceeding to enter the settings.

With IOS 7, when I remove the non-H2O SIM after getting to that screen of APN/MMS settings, the phone menu reverts back to the GENERAL screen. In the several tutorial videos I watched, the settings screen stayed on while the SIM card was switched back to H2O, but this was not the case in my scenario.

So, I can't seem to figure out a way to make MMS work with my IP5 and IOS7. Anyone else? What about telneting into the phone and getting at it that way?

H2O customer service advice: Jailbreak the phone (never mind that there is no JB yet for 7).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PHL View Post
    I've looked at the various tutorials on how to configure the iPhone for MMS by putting in a different SIM to get the Cellular Network menu working, and then switching back to the H2O SIM while the settings screen is open and proceeding to enter the settings.

With IOS 7, when I remove the non-H2O SIM after getting to that screen of APN/MMS settings, the phone menu reverts back to the GENERAL screen. In the several tutorial videos I watched, the settings screen stayed on while the SIM card was switched back to H2O, but this was not the case in my scenario.

So, I can't seem to figure out a way to make MMS work with my IP5 and IOS7. Anyone else? What about telneting into the phone and getting at it that way?

H2O customer service advice: Jailbreak the phone (never mind that there is no JB yet for 7).
    Although I haven't tried it myself, I remember a month or two back one of the HF users who was using the iOS 7 beta said this trick would no longer work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PHL View Post

Try this, this may help. http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2013...r-at-mvno.html

Feedback Score
    Thank you. That link helped and I was able to send an MMS text to someone. Then I tried sending a regular SMS text and it got "not delivered" error. I tried again, and it worked. I'm not impressed with H2O for several reasons, this being one of them (realizing that this is a problem for all ATT MVNO's). For the same price, but only 2GB instead of 3GB of data (though full LTE), I can get an ATT GoPhone SIM/prepaid plan. I will probably just do that next month when my H2O prepaid period is done.

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Feedback Score
    Or try AIO for $55 for 2gb then unlimited at 256k.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Get low domestic & international calling card rates at www.phonecheap.net