Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the $60 ($54 byod) Tbay plan.

Device(s)
    Leeco x527 Le 2,Xiaomi Redmi note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650,LG G3's for wife,daughter and son :)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by partyfavor View Post
    I can't find it on their site but what is the vvm add on cost? I only see the $7 bundle w mobile tv and vm25/vvm. There isn't a basic VVM one?
    It seems it is the only way to get it....
    Instructions for the $48- 5 GB sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...here-in-Canada

Phones using: Leeco x527 Le 2, CM14 Android Nougat 7.0 with pixel launcher Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650, Lg G3's for wife,daughter and son

Feedback Score
    If you get the plan but don't port your number over right away, would you have any trouble porting over in about a week? Just wondering since ijcy told bionicmonk to port over now vs waiting. Thank you!

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fadingdreams View Post
    If you get the plan but don't port your number over right away, would you have any trouble porting over in about a week? Just wondering since ijcy told bionicmonk to port over now vs waiting. Thank you!
    You can change your #, port a # at anytime.

Device(s)
    Leeco x527 Le 2,Xiaomi Redmi note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650,LG G3's for wife,daughter and son :)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fadingdreams View Post
    bionicmonk asked Do you think its wise to wait a day or two before porting my 647 number in ? so i said now.
    Can you port later shure, are you taking a risk of Virgin closing the loophole sure! This is why i always say port right away if possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    bionicmonk asked Do you think its wise to wait a day or two before porting my 647 number in ? so i said now.
    Can you port later shure, are you taking a risk of Virgin closing the loophole sure! This is why i always say port right away if possible.
    It's not a loophole so there is no loophole that might be closed. Porting has always been allowed on the all Virgin plans at any time including plans only offered under certain conditions like the Thunder Bay plan. Porting in, getting another phone number in another area code and moving away from Thunderbay and therefore changing your address are all legitimate under the plan. This is been verified with Virgin Supervisors and CSRs numerous times by myself and others.

The loophole is getting the plan and nothing else. You can port at any time and when you port does not make a difference. I might wait a day or two though.

Having said all this, immediately changing your address away from Thunderbay after switching to the plan, when it doesn't provide you with any advantage given you are on online billing and credit card payment, is probably not the best thing to do. You might want to wait till you actually do 'move' years from now...

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Porting in, getting another phone number in another area code and moving away from Thunderbay and therefore changing your address are all legitimate under the plan. This is been verified with Virgin Supervisors and CSRs numerous times by myself and others.
    No Comment

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eonibm View Post
    Porting in, getting another phone number in another area code and moving away from Thunderbay and therefore changing your address are all legitimate under the plan. This is been verified with Virgin Supervisors and CSRs numerous times by myself and others.
    Tell TelecomZombie that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    Tell TelecomZombie that.
    i have him on ignore. I grew weary of incessant whining over the loss of his Virgin TBay 50 plan (due to his own behavior) and his repeated posting of misinformation.

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eonibm View Post
    I grew weary of incessant ..................... repeated posting of misinformation.
    What misinformation do you keep referring to
    Im making it very easier for you to understand and answer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TelecomZombie View Post
    What misinformation do you keep referring to
    Im making it very easier for you to understand and answer.
    won't I have to gor through a Canadian customer service rep to change my phone number to a local area code one? doesn't it look suspicious if you are doing that with a Thunder Bay Plan....

I tried calling a couple of times after 11 pm (last call I made was at 11:45) and still got a Canadian rep at that time

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, am I the only one that isn't 100% clear on how to do this properly based on the instructions?

Some questions if it's ok:

1 - I go to the kiosk and tell them I want the TBay 50 plan or do I just get a SIM card and switch to the TBay 50 later?
    2 - do I just give them my credit card info or do they need photo ID? (and if I give them photo ID it will have my Toronto address which I assume makes it hard to get the TBay 50 plan)
    3 - I understand that with online billing the address shouldn't ever really matter, but in order for this to work do I have to sign up for auto billing with my credit card?
    4 - Porting the number over seems simple enough, but it sounds as though I should keep the Tbay address for a little while, right?
    5 - Is this just Tbay or is there a similar plan in Manitoba and Sask?
    6 - Is this just for TBay or for anyone in the 807? (I ask as I could have a legit address in the 807 but not Tbay)

I hope these q's weren't too annyoing. Thanks!!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b_illin View Post
    Hey guys, am I the only one that isn't 100% clear on how to do this properly based on the instructions?

Some questions if it's ok:

1 - I go to the kiosk and tell them I want the TBay 50 plan or do I just get a SIM card and switch to the TBay 50 later?
    2 - do I just give them my credit card info or do they need photo ID? (and if I give them photo ID it will have my Toronto address which I assume makes it hard to get the TBay 50 plan)
    3 - I understand that with online billing the address shouldn't ever really matter, but in order for this to work do I have to sign up for auto billing with my credit card?
    4 - Porting the number over seems simple enough, but it sounds as though I should keep the Tbay address for a little while, right?
    5 - Is this just Tbay or is there a similar plan in Manitoba and Sask?
    6 - Is this just for TBay or for anyone in the 807? (I ask as I could have a legit address in the 807 but not Tbay)

I hope these q's weren't too annyoing. Thanks!!
    sign up for a Toronto deal with your name and address provide Id if needed. Port a number at this point. Now go home change your address online to a Tbay address and postal code. then call in and ask a csr to be changed to the promo plan that is now available in your city.

Feedback Score
    Got TBay 50 plan today, but taking a long time to port my 905 number. Switched from rogers to koodoo SK/M 55 plan last weekend and it took all but 15 minutes on a Friday afternoon. Been over 6 hours since port was requested. Does anyone know how it takes to port from koodoo to virgin?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar_200 View Post
    Got TBay 50 plan today, but taking a long time to port my 905 number. Switched from rogers to koodoo SK/M 55 plan last weekend and it took all but 15 minutes on a Friday afternoon. Been over 6 hours since port was requested. Does anyone know how it takes to port from koodoo to virgin?
    Instant unless there is a system issue or wasn't submitted properly.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar_200 View Post
    Wait last week you moved from Rogers to Koodo and this week you moved from Koodo to Virgin?

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast