Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get the $60 ($54 byod) Tbay plan.

Device(s)
    Leeco x527 Le 2,Xiaomi Redmi note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650,LG G3's for wife,daughter and son :)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dxerboy View Post
    Grr I was just about to set it up... Any word on this? Is the loophole closing up? Or did it backfire because of the way you tried to do it? ... let us know, as I don't want to port my number if it's not possible... thx
    then use the second way, first take an 807 number, go home change address, call 611 change to Tbay 50 plan.
    Call in to port your number later.
    Instructions for the $48- 5 GB sk/mb Koodo plan, get it anywhere in Canada!!:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...here-in-Canada

Phones using: Leeco x527 Le 2, CM14 Android Nougat 7.0 with pixel launcher Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650, Lg G3's for wife,daughter and son

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Okay...
    But hmm why wouldn't I just go on the TBay 50 plan right away if I sign up with an 807 number? And also, there's no online port with Virgin? So I'd be relying on a CSR to port my non-tbay number on to the TBay plan...? Seems a bit iffy, but I might give it a try. Virgin has a trial period I believe, right?

Might still give it a try, depending on what you think about the above. I can foresee possible issues ahead though, if they are starting to close up the loophole... eek. Will let you all know, thanks for the heads up on this plan

Quote Originally Posted by ijcy View Post
    then use the second way, first take an 807 number, go home change address, call 611 change to Tbay 50 plan.
    Call in to port your number later.

Device(s)
    Leeco x527 Le 2,Xiaomi Redmi note 3 Pro Snapdragon 650,LG G3's for wife,daughter and son :)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Cause Toronto to locations do not see the plan so you can't get it off hand. Porting an Ontario number is within the terms of service so you are not relying on anyone.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Cause Toronto to locations do not see the plan so you can't get it off hand. Porting an Ontario number is within the terms of service so you are not relying on anyone.
    Ahh I see. I'm in London so I'll find out if they can see it. Thanks again for your help. Fingers are crossed.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Grr I was just about to set it up... Any word on this? Is the loophole closing up? Or did it backfire because of the way you tried to do it? ... let us know, as I don't want to port my number if it's not possible... thx
    Nope this from a couple of hours ago: OK so on the Koodo 55 plan I was getting parts in my house (mostly basement - home office) where I was getting 1 bar on 4g which prevented out or incoming calls. Anyway, was at Costco today and got a Virgin SIM on a gold plan 80 (Toronto #). Got home and tested the virgin SIM and seems better reception wise. Parts of basement still at 1 bar but can make and receive calls. Also, calls on Virgin connect and dial quicker compared to Koodo IMO)

So changed my address to TB online and then rather than call 611 I just did a chat with an agent. By the name I think I got someone in the Phillipines but not sure. Anyway the guy was super nice and within 5 minutes I was on the TB 50 plan. no questions asked about why I had a Toronto number and what not.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    How did they change their address (to a tbay address) online? I tried again and again but it would only change to a non-tbay (eg. toronto) address for me.

Feedback Score
    Joined this forum just to say THANK YOU! ijcy you rock. I was about to switch to Wind despite being pretty happy with virgin bc of the data limits. So glad I stumbled onto this.

I was also running into the error on address change online but eventually I successfully changed my address and then my plan to the Tb plan yesterday, not once but twice (changed my monthly plan first online just to test it out first then went to virgin store to sign up for a 2year $85/month plan for the iPhone sub, then went home and changed again)

I think the key is choosing the CHAT support option. I connected to several reps throughout this process and never had any problems. Just ask the chat support to change your address, provide them with a link to the TB virgin plan site if they ask.

I was a month to month silver with Toronto area code and billing address and now I'm happy as can be and will be streaming audio allll daaaay
    Using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Good news for this fellow and graapes too, but I just hit strike one:

I was able to change my address myself online, but chatting with an online agent just now, she said she could not offer me that plan. She did offer the same for a bit more, and said I'd have to talk to customer relations on the phone for that $50 plan...

Like I said, strike one-- what do you think I should try next? I don't want to keep nagging in case they flag me or some such thing...

Thanks in advance for any advice

Nope this from a couple of hours ago: OK so on the Koodo 55 plan I was getting parts in my house (mostly basement - home office) where I was getting 1 bar on 4g which prevented out or incoming calls. Anyway, was at Costco today and got a Virgin SIM on a gold plan 80 (Toronto #). Got home and tested the virgin SIM and seems better reception wise. Parts of basement still at 1 bar but can make and receive calls. Also, calls on Virgin connect and dial quicker compared to Koodo IMO)

So changed my address to TB online and then rather than call 611 I just did a chat with an agent. By the name I think I got someone in the Phillipines but not sure. Anyway the guy was super nice and within 5 minutes I was on the TB 50 plan. no questions asked about why I had a Toronto number and what not.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by graaapes View Post
    Joined this forum just to say THANK YOU! ijcy you rock. I was about to switch to Wind despite being pretty happy with virgin bc of the data limits. So glad I stumbled onto this.

I was also running into the error on address change online but eventually I successfully changed my address and then my plan to the Tb plan yesterday, not once but twice (changed my monthly plan first online just to test it out first then went to virgin store to sign up for a 2year $85/month plan for the iPhone sub, then went home and changed again)

I think the key is choosing the CHAT support option. I connected to several reps throughout this process and never had any problems. Just ask the chat support to change your address, provide them with a link to the TB virgin plan site if they ask.

I was a month to month silver with Toronto area code and billing address and now I'm happy as can be and will be streaming audio allll daaaay
    Enjoy! This is what i love hearing.

Good news for this fellow and graapes too, but I just hit strike one:

I was able to change my address myself online, but chatting with an online agent just now, she said she could not offer me that plan. She did offer the same for a bit more, and said I'd have to talk to customer relations on the phone for that $50 plan...

Like I said, strike one-- what do you think I should try next? I don't want to keep nagging in case they flag me or some such thing...

Thanks in advance for any advice
    I am sorry to hear that, for how much did she offer you the deal?

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Enjoy! This is what i love hearing.

I am sorry to hear that, for how much did she offer you the deal?
    $60 and I'll try calling tonight, fingers are still crossed...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    $60 and I'll try calling tonight, fingers are still crossed...
    Well that's good to my friend.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Well that's good to my friend.
    Agreed, I was surprised with the "offer" and i suspect it may be a decoy tactic. I was also told that the $50 tbay plan expired on oct 15, which clearly is not true... hmmm

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I just went in through the chat option and requested a change from the $60 plan ($54 with 10%disc) to the $50 plan($45 with 10%disc) and it was very straightforward. I think it really comes down to who you get. My advice would be to wait until the next shift comes on to avoid getting the same person again and try the chat once again.
    Good luck all and yes, thank you icy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    "Us Girls are like Cell Phones: We like to be held, talked to and if you press one wrong button, you will be disconnected!" Anonymous

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Meant to say ijcy above (damned self-correct)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Strike two... got a reply like "that plan cannot be activated by chat or phone, only in-store in TBay" from a quebecois chat agent...

I'll keep trying, but sure seems to me like it might be doomed at this point...

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast