Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: HSN Galaxy Centura Tracfone

Feedback Score

Minutes, Data & Texts Amounts

I found this on the HSN forums. IF this is true, it may be a pain for some. As for me, it is no biggie.

Per some Tracfone rep, you have to log onto the tracfone website, enter your phone number and the last 4 digits of your phones serial number to find out what you have left in the bank.

From what the post was saying, there is no other way to review your minutes, data & texts. Like I said, IF this is true.
    Some day I am going to have a
    ANDROID
    QWERTY
    SLIDER
    TOUCHSCREEN
    phone with voice command!

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle3 View Post
    you have to log onto the tracfone website, enter your phone number and the last 4 digits of your phones serial number to find out what you have left in the bank.
    That's what I expected. Perhaps here will be an app written to track it but I don't expect TF to write it.

So, no one he has a first report yet?

Somoen on the Yahoo group posted they got the phone last night.
    I figured someone here would have one and have lots to share by now.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I got mine today. But I am waiting to see what others experience is. No separate minute card included. Just a note saying to activate before 12/31/13 to receive the bonus of 600 minutes by following the normal activation process per the enclosed instructions.

An email response from Safelink said I could use the phone and that I would receive my free minutes each month and could use those minutes as usual to make voice calls, send/receive texts and access the browser.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Feedback Score
    PIN for 600/600/600 required during activation is on the enclosed invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by jimates View Post
    ... No separate minute card included. Just a note saying to activate before 12/31/13 to receive the bonus of 600 minutes by following the normal activation process per the enclosed instructions...
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Okay, so I activated my S738C via the Tracfone website yesterday. You need the Activation Code/Airtime Pin printed towards the top right side of the invoice that comes with your order.

After activation, you can go to the Tracfone website to check your balance. You will see:

Minutes: 600.0 Minutes
    Text Messages: 600 Text Messages
    Data (MB): 600.0 Mb of Web Browsing
    Service End Date 12/24/2013

If there's a way to do it on the phone, I have not figured out how, but when you request the balance via the website, the information gets send to your phone in a message that you can see.

The following link works to check your balance from phone (I used WiFi) or PC (you need the last 4 digits of the phone's IMEI #):
    https://www.tracfone.com/direct/CheckBalance?input_phone=<your 10-digit number>

IMPORTANT:
    Before you activate your phone, you may want to disable cell network data usage by doing the following;
    click the menu button (bottom left side) -> Data usage (under WIRELESS & NETWORKS) -> slide the Mobile data switch to OFF.
    Somehow I used up 22.87KB, so my data balance is now 599.98Mb ^_^ .

Activation was no problem. Just be sure to follow the enclosed directions. I can make and receive calls, but did not actually complete any calls to test voice quality. I have not yet sent or received any text messages nor have I tried browsing using the cell network.

The protective shield is nice. AC charger with detachable USB cable is nice.
    There's a lot to learn with this phone. I've been using WiFi to check out may Gmail and Yahoo mail. I like it a lot so far.

The larger screen compared to my S390G and LG840G is a big plus, and now I can lock this darn phone with a pin code without going through all the manual one time nonsense of my other Tracfones.

It is very cool that you can rotate the phone and the apps automatically rotate to follow the direction in which you're holding the phone .

The phone came with installed with Chrome and the built-in browser is decent.

====
    I tried voice command during google search, and the darn thing works.
    ====
    Okay, first more on the texting charges:
    1. I put the phone in airplane mode (which means it's disconnected from the cell network), and it still let's me use WiFi - which is a great thing. In AP mode, the phone cannot receive any text messages. Well, guess what ........ I sent a test message (checked balance before and after text was sent - but before I took it out of AP mode) and still got deducted 1 text message even though the phone had not received the text message yet. So matter whether you read the message or it even gets to your phone, you're still gonna' pay one text unit per message sent to you ........ now that really stinks if you're used to the old text charging where you don't get charged until you open the message to read it .

I did confirm also that sending a SMS message costs 1 text message unit.

2. Under Messaging(icon)->Menu (button)->Settings, under the MULTIMEDIA MESSAGES section is a check box "Auto -retrieve" (Automatically retrieve messages - it was check by default). It did not have any effect on SMS messages (as expected) and I have not tried sending MMS messages to the phone.

3. The default browser goes to a Tracfone website that lets you check your balance, add/buy airtime, etc. That page also has some small icons at the top labeled Call (bring up the phone dial pad if you press it), Email (web page to email Tracfone), Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Full Site. Then on the bottom of that page, more small icons Share(Facebook), Tweet, Email(lets you choose email clients to open), and Code (shows Tracfone QR code - what good is that?). Under Settings->General there is an option to set the home page (I'm not planning . I'm not too concerned about this browser at the moment, since there Chrome, and I installed UC browser - my favorite. I have not tried Dolphin (does not come on the phone, but it seems highly rated).

4. On my full first charge, the battery has lasted about 19 hours - I let it get to 6%). I did do a lot of WiFi, installing apps, etc during this period. It seems to be charging pretty fast ... it's up to 43% in about an 1.25 hrs .

5. If you're a heavy texter, this phone could become expensive unless we find a way to convert unused voice minutes or use a lite app that can send text across the cell network. There are apps, I believe that will do free text messages via WiFi, but I have not tried that on this phone yet.

The "protective shield" is two pieces and it has perfect cutouts for headphone jack, camera, power and volume button, etc.

So far this is a keeper for me. I love that we can have multiple applications running at the same time. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Phones
    LG 600g
    LG 225
    Moto w376g
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    eBay patrickwalls. Write to him and he will tell you which listing to use for your phone. The prices vary. He answers his mail in like five seconds, too.
    Thanks Lisme!

Feedback Score
    I have a question. I have the LG 505C & want to keep my minutes & number. I think I need to transfer this first to my new phone & then do the 600. Is this correct?

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    PIN for 600/600/600 required during activation is on the enclosed invoice.
    Is there directive to this included in the activation instructions that are included in the kit?

Feedback Score
    I think the order you are suggesting is the best way to go - that's how I'd do it - but I first wanted to make sure I like the phone - so I just got a new #. Just write down the current min/days balance on a piece of paper in case something goes wrong and you have to call them.

The PIN that came with the phone should be addable since the Tracfone website took it during my activation anyway.

Good luck and let us know if it worked.

I have a question. I have the LG 505C & want to keep my minutes & number. I think I need to transfer this first to my new phone & then do the 600. Is this correct?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates View Post
    Is there directive to this included in the activation instructions that are included in the kit?
    Yes, step 1 on the enclosed Welcome Guide is to get the airtime PIN from the HSN.com packing slip.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Yes, step 1 on the enclosed Welcome Guide is to get the airtime PIN from the HSN.com packing slip.
    Great thanks.

Feedback Score
    I think the order you are suggesting is the best way to go - that's how I'd do it - but I first wanted to make sure I like the phone - so I just got a new #. Just write down the current min/days balance on a piece of paper in case something goes wrong and you have to call them.

The PIN that came with the phone should be addable since the Tracfone website took it during my activation anyway.

Good luck and let us know if it worked.
    TY so much for your reply!!!

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    So, no minutes or service days at activation other than the airtime pin that was added. I think I will transfer my Safelink service before the first of the month. That will give me minutes and days. Then I will add a $20 card to get some triple triple (and carry over my free Safelink minutes to next month). I will never know what happens when the texts run out because I will never use them up.

I wonder if adding the 600 in December will count as adding an airtime card to satisfy my carryover requirements.

And also, if the minutes, texts and data carry over with continued service it should remain on my phone forever.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    tfusr19,

Go to the Tracfone site and start the purchase airtime process. See what "supersize" options they offer for the new phone with different denomination cards.

Feedback Score
    I found this on the HSN forums. IF this is true, it may be a pain for some. As for me, it is no biggie.

Per some Tracfone rep, you have to log onto the tracfone website, enter your phone number and the last 4 digits of your phones serial number to find out what you have left in the bank.

From what the post was saying, there is no other way to review your minutes, data & texts. Like I said, IF this is true.
    Just came from HSN forums & a different poster that already has this Centura verified my above post. It seems you DO have to go the website for your amount of everything & then they also text it to your phone FREE of charge.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast