Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: HSN Galaxy Centura Tracfone

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Are you able to activate the Tracfone Android using just the transferred airtime from your old phone?
    Shopcelldeals was selling the Android without airtime, so how could you activate it?

Feedback Score
    We received our two phones today. One of the phones did not have the Google $25 credit in the box, so I called HSN and they said they would send another card but it would take 21 days.

Both phones we will need to transfer the number and roughly 2000 minutes. Will I be able to do this over the automated system over the phone? I did it last time and it worked, but this time is a little different due to it being from hsn.

What part of the activation do you enter the number found on the HSN receipt? I noticed that the tiny print say to complete the activation you must call *22890. Is that where it asks for the number on the receipt and where it gives the 600 minutes?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Entering *22890 as a phone call, lets Verizon complete the activation on their end.

Be careful trying to do too many tasks at the same time with Tracfone. Transferring phone number-airtime at the same time you are adding the 200M/90D airtime is not normally recommended. But no one has confirmed you can activate the Android with the transfer off your old phone.

The number you mentioned found on the HSN receipt should be the same as any airtime pin.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Just activated the Tracfone Centura a few minutes ago. Took about 30 minutes to port an existing phone number from a Net10 phone to this Tracfone using the Tracfone website (had to create a new Tracfone account since I did not have one before).

The $25 Google Play card did not activate (error was not activated within 21 days) but I think this is because I just activated the phone a few minutes before trying the code...will wait a while and try the Google Play code again later.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Did you active the Android with the transfer from your old phone or did you also add the bundled airtime all at the same time? I am trying to determine if you can buy the Androids itself, with no accompanying airtime, and activate it with only the transfer from your old phone.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just used the bundled activation code/airtime pin printed on the HSN Invoice when the process asked to add it. The phone number port from the Net10 phone to the Tracfone Centura only took about 30 minutes.

Feedback Score
    One of the phones we bought was for my mom. I'm not sure that she is going to like having to visit some website to see how much time she has left. What makes it worse is having to enter in the last 4 digits of the phones serial number.

Feedback Score
    Question for those who got theirs and have transferred minutes from their old phone: do these minutes triple, and does the transfer fill up all three tanks: talk / data / text?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post

Be careful trying to do too many tasks at the same time with Tracfone. Transferring phone number-airtime at the same time you are adding the 200M/90D airtime is not normally recommended. But no one has confirmed you can activate the Android with the transfer off your old phone.

The number you mentioned found on the HSN receipt should be the same as any airtime pin.
    I would have to disagree about porting your # and transferring minutes at the same time, as I've done it multiple times before.

It can be done via the website and here's proof from another forum posted by Joeb84 today:

"I also forgot to mention when I transferred my existing minutes from my lg800, which were 110, I did receive a 110 each for talk, text and data. Then I added the extra 600. The phone quality is also very good on this phone. I called my landline phone and my husband said I sounded very clear. He did as well. My daughter said the same. Also, after I finished texting, I received a message from Tracfone stating how many minutes of text time I had left. "
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Question for those who got theirs and have transferred minutes from their old phone: do these minutes triple, and does the transfer fill up all three tanks: talk / data / text?
    If you have 100 minutes on your old phone, it will become 100/100/100 on the new phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tc93 View Post
    One of the phones we bought was for my mom. I'm not sure that she is going to like having to visit some website to see how much time she has left. What makes it worse is having to enter in the last 4 digits of the phones serial number.
    You can keep and eye on here minutes. If you do the website part, it sends a free text message to the phone with the balances that she can look at ....... how'd ya' like that .

Feedback Score
    Well, minutes are not tripled, but still, that sounds like a decent deal. Thanks tfusr!
    My plan when it arrives is to activate it with my wife's old trac number, and transfer the minutes / airtime at the same time. Then add the 600/600/600 after that from the HSN deal. Does that sound right?

Thanks again, much appreciated!

Feedback Score
    That's how I'd do it. Please let us know how it went.

Well, minutes are not tripled, but still, that sounds like a decent deal. Thanks tfusr!
    My plan when it arrives is to activate it with my wife's old trac number, and transfer the minutes / airtime at the same time. Then add the 600/600/600 after that from the HSN deal. Does that sound right?

Thanks again, much appreciated!

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Well, minutes are not tripled, but still, that sounds like a decent deal.

existing minutes were already tripled (or doubled) when add to the old phone.
    Then they are addd to each of the 3 banks (the second triple in HSN's triple triple)

Add a 200 minute card and it triples to 600, then you get 600 n each bank.

Then add the 600/600/600 after that from the HSN deal. Does that sound right?
    Sounds right. And that 600/600/600 is a 200 minute PIN, tripled to 600, then added to each bank.

Just like the 1200 minutes on the TMFL phones was a 400 minute PIN tripled (possible with a 200 or 250 minute bonus code).
    Or the 800 minute + Double minute card, which was a DMFL card and a 400 minute card applied in that order.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I would have to disagree about porting your # and transferring minutes at the same time, as I've done it multiple times before.
    transferring # and minutes are once is fine. But don't do that and add a PIN at the same time.
    Transferring phone number-airtime at the same time you are adding the 200M/90D airtime is not normally recommended.
    That's what Tracfancier was talking about.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast