Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aio Wireless Problems

Feedback Score

Aio Wireless Problems

After 3 years of full signal service, T-Mobile service stopped working at my house. After a month of back and forth with T-Mobile, they finally admitted that they have rearranged their antennas and service may never work again.

So I switched to Aio Wireless. I'm disappointed. I chose Aio because they were an AT&T subsidiary. I should have just switched to an AT&T GoPhone.

Aio does not have an email to SMS gateway, and SMS short codes do not work. If you rely on either of those, this is not the network for you.

Has anyone had experience porting a number out of Aio?

Carrier
    Aio Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried "phonenumber@mms.aiowireless.net" that works from what I hear.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    SMS short codes not supported on AIO as of now..and email to SMS does work as mentioned by tim-of-nc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-of-NC View Post
    Have you tried "phonenumber at mms dot aiowireless dot net" that works from what I hear.
    Thanks for the response (and to idlebrain below as well). Howard Forums won't let me respond w/ links yet, so I'll be a bit oblique and say that I've tried both my 10 digit and 11 digit (same as the 10 with the leading 1) number at the domain you suggested. I also tried at sms. instead of at mms. since it has a valid DNS record. None of the 4 messages reached my phone from my gmail account.

Does anyone know if this is working as of Sept 25th? I'm wondering if there's a problem with my account.

I tried contacting Aio support, but they told me that Aio didn't have an email to SMS gateway, so I don't know how much use it will be trying to get them to investigate.

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm not creating an argument here, just curious why AIO Wireless is not on the same street as Straight Talk AT&T SIM and AT&T GoPhone which allows short codes. Could it be that AT&T is treating AIO Wireless subscriber as a second class citizen? This is one of two things going against them, second is their LTE is cap @8mbps whereas ST is running rampant and so is GoPhone. Only other thing I see going for AIO is unlimited data, throttled to 256K after alotment is exhausted, so is with ST, unlimited, just thread through the water carefully so not to stand out.

Feedback Score
    I knew about the 8Mbs limitation going into this. That didn't bother me. I don't need to stream high def video on my phone. I like plans that throttle at the end of your data limit (like T-Mobile and Aio) as it keeps essential data like search and maps functioning.

Lack of short codes (I can't receive SMS from Amazon Web Services and other online services now) and the uncertainty of an email to SMS gateway is very frustrating. It does feel like they've sold us half-broken service.

Carriers
    ekit, Truphone
    piranha, Worldsim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles TWO comments: One message>

Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    I'm not creating an argument here, just curious why AIO Wireless is not on the same street as Straight Talk AT&T SIM and AT&T GoPhone which allows short codes.
    I think AIO is run as an independent subsidiary and and not merely a brand like GoPhone.
    Why did they do that? Arrogance and going its own way perhaps? Let's reinvent the wheel!maybe their motto. They have a different network identifier, just like Lycamobile, which allows them to lock their phones to their SIMs. The are charting their own path. It must be awfully dark when you want to go your own way in the cellular business. It is not second-class citizenship, they are a whole different country.

Quote Originally Posted by kgcurrie View Post
    so I'll be a bit oblique and say that I've tried both my 10 digit and 11 digit (same as the 10 with the leading 1) number at the domain you suggested. I also tried at sms. instead of at mms. since it has a valid DNS record. None of the 4 messages reached my phone from my gmail account.
    How long have you been on AIO. Sometimes it takes a few days for everything to kick in. The mms address is the only known working one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
    How long have you been on AIO. Sometimes it takes a few days for everything to kick in. The mms address is the only known working one.
    I ported my number in about 48 hours ago. Inbound and outbound SMS and phone calls are working as expected. I haven't had anyone send me an MMS test from a cell phone yet. Maybe MMS isn't fully setup yet. I'll try that tomorrow. I'll give this a few days to see if the mms.aiowireless.net gateway starts working.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'm not creating an argument here, just curious why AIO Wireless is not on the same street as Straight Talk AT&T SIM and AT&T GoPhone which allows short codes. Could it be that AT&T is treating AIO Wireless subscriber as a second class citizen? This is one of two things going against them, second is their LTE is cap @8mbps whereas ST is running rampant and so is GoPhone. Only other thing I see going for AIO is unlimited data, throttled to 256K after alotment is exhausted, so is with ST, unlimited, just thread through the water carefully so not to stand out.
    another thing aio has going for it is pushing the apn to phones.thus iphones work without jailbreaking or sim swaps.as with mvno's there is give and take.it seams aio was setup to target iphone users that has left att.it seams st is really great for android users.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    OK, to summerize
    iPhone to ST=mms not guaranteed to work
    iPhone to GoPhone=need to unlock
    iPhone to AIO Wireless=no rigging required by subscriber

Sent from my GT-N5100

Carrier
    Cricket, GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    OK, to summerize

Sent from my GT-N5100
    I think you need to switch GoPhone and AIO around.
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express 4G LTE on Cricket
    -- Samsung Galaxy Express 4G LTE on GoPhone

Carrier
    Straight Talk GSM (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    The shortcodes thing is temporary according to the reps I have asked.

Either way, it's a non-issue now that Google Voice has shortcode support.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    OK, to summerize

Sent from my GT-N5100
    yeap.didnt know you neef to unlock iphone for gophone.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    I think you need to switch GoPhone and AIO around.
    good thing I don't have iPhone, it's so confusing and doesn't take too much to confuse me.

Carrier
    Cricket, GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    good thing I don't have iPhone, it's so confusing and doesn't take too much to confuse me.
    I had an iPhone once, but all that looney tunes stuff was just too much for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast