Thread: retentions not renewing loyalty credits when signing up for new term

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

retentions not renewing loyalty credits when signing up for new term

My 3 year term was ending on Sept 30, 2013 so I called retentions on July 25, 2103 asking to renew my plan and loyalty credits ($15MFD, $5 Data) for another 3 years. The agent had no problem with the renewal of the plan and credits, the only issue is I wanted the new iPhone 5s that was coming which they could not offer as it was not available.

I wait until 5s release, reserve one and when I call to renew my plan I am told the credits can not be offered anymore and a max $10MFD can be offered. They tell me on Aug 9 when the 2 year max term on contracts was handed down "everything" changed and discounts are not offered anymore. So two months have passed and I feel like I've just been dumped, this is not an issue about money but all about principles.

Nice to know the loyalty credits earned for being a long term customer that is never late paying their bills means so little now.

Can't wait for Verizon and T-Mobile to come into the ring.

Feedback Score
    Verizon and T-Mobile won't be coming to Canada. so you're stuck with the companies we have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mchammered View Post
    My 3 year term was ending on Sept 30, 2013 so I called retentions on July 25, 2103 asking to renew my plan and loyalty credits ($15MFD, $5 Data) for another 3 years. The agent had no problem with the renewal of the plan and credits, the only issue is I wanted the new iPhone 5s that was coming which they could not offer as it was not available.

I wait until 5s release, reserve one and when I call to renew my plan I am told the credits can not be offered anymore and a max $10MFD can be offered. They tell me on Aug 9 when the 2 year max term on contracts was handed down "everything" changed and discounts are not offered anymore. So two months have passed and I feel like I've just been dumped, this is not an issue about money but all about principles.

Nice to know the loyalty credits earned for being a long term customer that is never late paying their bills means so little now.

Welcome to the new world of mobile in Canada... Get used to it

Feedback Score
    I agree its bull. better to stick to month to month if you can for as long as possible with the credits you have and get your phone elsewhere. sucks that they can't do the HUP. I'm in the same boat, only I wanted to do an early upgrade. My term doesn't end until 2015 luckily so I'm safe 'till then.

They're such a&&holes though. Its like loyalty customers were given the shaft. Whatever you do, resist giving them more money. Its better in your pocket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mchammered View Post

Exact same experience here. Not only would they only give me $10 but they wouldn't even let me keep my existing plan with a $10 rebate. They will be forcing me to change to their new plans. So after nearly 15 years of being a faithful client I'm saying buh-bye Rogers...
    Client of Robbers:

Unlimited Voice Plan
    6GB BlackBerry (BIS) Data Plan
    100 Anytime Canadian LD Mins
    Value Pack
    $73.13

Formerly $58.13 until credits ran out and reps became EXTREMELY un-cooperative!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaca View Post
    Exact same experience here. Not only would they only give me $10 but they wouldn't even let me keep my existing plan with a $10 rebate. They will be forcing me to change to their new plans. So after nearly 15 years of being a faithful client I'm saying buh-bye Rogers...
    Go where though... Everyone is the same these days

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    I got the same issue as well. Had to raise a stink to get my discounts renewed through OP. I'm on a 3 year contract so I don't know why they're trying to apply 2 yr term discount rules to my accounts.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shushwap View Post
    Go where though... Everyone is the same these days
    I'm going to Wind. My wife has been with them for a year now and hasn't had any issues.