Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Centura? BUYER BEWARE!!!

Feedback Score
    The Simply Wireless person replied to me soon after I posted here. She apologized and stated again that what HSN stated is correct and that she escalated it to Tracfone and I should have my balance fixed within 2 business days. She gave me some extra time a minutes for my trouble.

The bottom of the email also stated "Tracfone is launching an Airtime Balance App/Widget in the very near future!"

Which is good to hear.

Sent with the HoFo App

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates View Post
    I activated a VA phone that I have had for several years. Then transferred to the Centura. The screen showed 20/20/20 for the new phone balance with the 365 days of service.

Since the old phone was GSM, I am now waiting for the port to complete.
    Port and activation complete. Took less than one hour to complete the port. I dialed *22890 and activation was complete. Checked the balance and the balance is 20/20/20 with an expiration date of 9/28/2014. I also received the text message verifying that.

I am going to use up all the text and see what happens after that.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I sent twenty texts. Message twenty one returned a message " You have insufficient funds to send message"

When a message is sent to the phone it receives a text message " You have insufficient funds to send message"

Each time I reboot and then launch the messaging app I get the insufficient funds message.

This isn't going to be a good plan for texters.

I am going to install GV and GV SMS and see how that goes.

Sending free texts on wifi works, working on receiving. Is there any place to edit push notifications?
    Last edited by jimates; 09-28-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    I sent twenty texts. Message twenty one returned a message " You have insufficient funds to send message"

When a message is sent to the phone it receives a text message " You have insufficient funds to send message"

Each time I reboot and then launch the messaging app I get the insufficient funds message.

This isn't going to be a good plan for texters.

I am going to install GV and GV SMS and see how that goes.

Sending free texts on wifi works, working on receiving. Is there any place to edit push notifications?
    Jim, can you still talk after the message bucket is empty?

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Jim, can you still talk after the message bucket is empty?
    Yes voice works ok.
    I can receive messages to the GV app but they don't come to the native messaging app. That is governed by push notifications and I haven't found anywhere to manage that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    For anyone needing it, here is a link to check the airtime in the three tanks of your Android:
    https://www.tracfone.com/direct/CheckBalance
    One thing you can do to make checking your balance easier is create a shortcut
    "https://www.tracfone.com/direct/CheckBalance?input_phone=9991112222" , where 9991112222 is your 10 digit phone #. Now all you need to do is enter the last 4 digits of your phone's serial # and the page and hit Submit.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    jimates,
    What did you have to install to send text messages to the phone via GV? Can you send and receive texts on your phone now? What number do you send to to get the text to your phone - your cell # or your GV #? Thanks?

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Yes voice works ok.
    I can receive messages to the GV app but they don't come to the native messaging app. That is governed by push notifications and I haven't found anywhere to manage that.
    You can go into the GV app settings and have the messages come to the native messaging app instead of the GV app.

Settings, Synch and notifications, receive text messages.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    jimates,
    What did you have to install to send text messages to the phone via GV? Can you send and receive texts on your phone now? What number do you send to to get the text to your phone - your cell # or your GV #? Thanks?
    You must install the official GV app (free). Then you install the Google Voice SMS Integration app ($4.99).

Quote Originally Posted by gate115 View Post
    You can go into the GV app settings and have the messages come to the native messaging app instead of the GV app.

Settings, Synch and notifications, receive text messages.
    Did that, still doesn't come to the message app.

Update: I uninstalled the free version and installed the paid version (bought previously for another phone). Made all the settings same as before and now it works great.

I do have to manually start the GV app every time after a reboot or it doesn't receive the message. I am used to the iPhone version where you just need the GV app installed and it never runs.

Turned off wifi and turned on cellular data.
    Sent two text messages (sending "over cellular" and receiving "yes"); and now my data balance is 19.83 mb. That is <6 texts per MB of data.
    Last edited by jimates; 09-28-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to all who provided options. I did write the company via the website explaining the issue and they did get back to me. After a 2 hour phone call with a nice person who stayed on the phone with me until all minutes were accounted for on my husbands phone, I then ask the same man to transfer/activate my 2700 minutes onto my new Samsung from my LG840G and when he hit the submit button to complete the transaction on his end he got the same response I did when I transferred my husbands phone online. All 2700 minutes went to the voice only and none to data or text. So I am right back to square one and with a much bigger headache! I am almost in tears because since then 2 reps have not fixed this issue with my account but keep arguing with me that they have added the minutes manually even though my account tells me different. I have never experienced anything like this before with Tracfone and had I known what a headache this was going to be I would have never purchased these phones. So far I have spent over 7 agonizing hours, talked to 8 representatives and my 2700 minutes have not been added to the proper tanks in my account. These reps will argue with you that only minutes are supposed to be transferred not text and data. Almost 24 hours later, I am still in Tracfone Hell with no sign of relief!

Feedback Score
    Taurus2313,
    It does not sound like you have spoken with anyone at Tracfone Executive Resolutions yet. If you have not, give this issue a rest, put it out of you mind until next week, enjoy the rest of the weekend, and call them during regular business hours - at which time they will resolve it.

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Sent two text messages (sending "over cellular" and receiving "yes"); and now my data balance is 19.83 mb. That is <6 texts per MB of data.
    So you sent and received a total of 4 messages or just two?

And you had 20MB of data at the start and now have 19.83MB? That 0.17MB (174KB) for 4 (or 2>) messages, so 43KB (or 86KB) per message.

I get ~24 (or 12) messages per MB that way, not 6.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus2313 View Post
    Thanks to all who provided options. I did write the company via the website explaining the issue and they did get back to me. After a 2 hour phone call with a nice person who stayed on the phone with me until all minutes were accounted for on my husbands phone, I then ask the same man to transfer/activate my 2700 minutes onto my new Samsung from my LG840G and when he hit the submit button to complete the transaction on his end he got the same response I did when I transferred my husbands phone online. All 2700 minutes went to the voice only and none to data or text. So I am right back to square one and with a much bigger headache! I am almost in tears because since then 2 reps have not fixed this issue with my account but keep arguing with me that they have added the minutes manually even though my account tells me different. I have never experienced anything like this before with Tracfone and had I known what a headache this was going to be I would have never purchased these phones. So far I have spent over 7 agonizing hours, talked to 8 representatives and my 2700 minutes have not been added to the proper tanks in my account. These reps will argue with you that only minutes are supposed to be transferred not text and data. Almost 24 hours later, I am still in Tracfone Hell with no sign of relief!
    Like what another person posted, it does sound like you didn't talk to someone higher up in the company.

You might even want to try contacing/emailing the Simply Wireless service that is HSN. I think they have leverage with Tracfone. They got my problem worked out Saturday, I even received a call from Tracfone Saturday night to confirm if everything is correct now.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tc93 View Post
    Like what another person posted, it does sound like you didn't talk to someone higher up in the company.

You might even want to try contacing/emailing the Simply Wireless service that is HSN. I think they have leverage with Tracfone. They got my problem worked out Saturday, I even received a call from Tracfone Saturday night to confirm if everything is correct now.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using HoFo mobile app
    tc, how did you contact that "symply wireless" service? Thanks!

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Do the really knowledgeable CSR have to work on Saturday and Sundays?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast