Thread: Samsung Galaxy Express (SGH-I437) APN Settings for use with a T-Mobile SIM card?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X (1st Gen), Moto G, iPhone 5c, Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AirVoice
    Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy Express (SGH-I437) APN Settings for use with a T-Mobile SIM card?

I just got a used Samsung Galaxy Express (SGH-I437, which is an AT&T phone) and want to try to make sure that I set it up with the correct and most-up-to-date APN settings. I have been using Google to search for answers, but there are lots of results, so I'm not sure which settings to use. The Galaxy Express is an LTE-compatible phone (although, I'm not sure what frequencies/signals it will receive) and I am in an area with T-Mobile LTE coverage (zip code 85207), so it would be nice to try to get LTE-reception with it while using my T-Mobile SIM card. However, my main concern is being able to reliably send and receive text message and MMS/picture messages and to be able to reliably access the Internet with the phone.

I would really appreciate it if someone would try to help me figure out what APN settings this Samsung Galaxy Express should have for use with my T-Mobile SIM card. And for the record, the phone is unlocked and recognizes my T-Mobile SIM card now. I had to e-mail the seller and get the unlock code after receiving the phone, which they sent back to me within a few hours.

Also, has/is anyone used/using a Samsung Galaxy Express with a T-Mobile SIM card? If so, what do you think of it overall? Do you think it's a nice phone? Are you able to access Data/SMS/MMS with your T-Mobile SIM? And what kinds of speeds are you able to get with this phone on T-Mobile?

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers helpful replies!
    - AzAssassin, a.k.a. BillyJackAz

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X (1st Gen), Moto G, iPhone 5c, Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    I found a couple sites with (what I believe to be) complete APN settings for T-Mobile, but they differ a little (one has numbers in the setting for the MMS Port, the other does not), and I really know nothing about this stuff, so I'm not sure which settings to use.

- I currently have the settings below on my Samsung Galaxy Express:

Name: T-Mobile US
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Proxy: blank
    Port: blank
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    Server: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50
    MMS Port: blank
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication type not set
    APN Type: default,supl,mms
    APN protocol: IPv4
    Bearer: Unspecified

With those settings, the phone is working and I am receiving an LTE signal with the T-Mobile SIM card in the phone. I was able to send and receive text emssages, but I've only had one person text me back more than one time, so my testing/results are very limited so far; and I'm not sure if all of the texts I sent went through or if I received all of the text messages that were sent to me. So, I am just trying to get the most-appropriate and up-to-date T-Mobile APN settings available for use of an AT&T phone on T-Mobile.

One more thing I wanted to specifically ask about is the "fast.t-mobile.com" vs "epc.tmobile.com" setting. Is there any difference between the two? Will one of them be better-suited for a certain type of phone or make a difference if you have access to LTE or only HSPA+? Being that the Galaxy Express I have is an LTE-capable phone, should I specifically be using the fast.t-mobile.com setting? Or is there really no difference between the two? Clarification on this would be great.

As always, replies will be very much appreciated!