Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    739
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    APN setting Apple iPhone 4 iOS 7 issue!!

    Hello all,

    I am with AT&T on unlimited data plan with factory unlocked iPhone 4. I used iOS 6 abroad and was able to edit APN and MMS settings, after updating to iOS 7, I came to US and got AT&T grandfathered plan and now I am unable to edit APN and MMS settings, what is the solution to it?

    Also I heard there is manual apn settings for AT&T that bypass AT&T proxy that throttles data? If entered, no more throttling, is it correct?

    Sent with the HoFo App

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,762
    Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    You said in another forum that you moved from Florida to New York. How many adventures will you describe?
    Earl F. Parrish

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,289
    Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    0
    The solution to enter APN settings is the sim swap. Use multi screen to switch to the APN screen after ejecting sim. Search here for detailed instructions.


    Sent with the HoFo App
    Visit www.phonecheap.net for low calling call rates foreign and domestic.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    739
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    The solution to enter APN settings is the sim swap. Use multi screen to switch to the APN screen after ejecting sim. Search here for detailed instructions.


    Sent with the HoFo App
    No link here buddy.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    739
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    You said in another forum that you moved from Florida to New York. How many adventures will you describe?
    I never said I moved from Florida, I said got it from a guy in Florida through transfer of billing responsibility. I hope no more confusions. Recently came from UK to NY.

    Sent with the HoFo App

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,762
    Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    The solution to enter APN settings is the sim swap. Use multi screen to switch to the APN screen after ejecting sim. Search here for detailed instructions.


    Sent with the HoFo App
    When you put an AT&T SIM card into an iPhone, the APN information is added to the telephone automatically. There is no need to edit AT&T settings when you are using the iPhone on AT&T and not an MVNO.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    739
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    When you put an AT&T SIM card into an iPhone, the APN information is added to the telephone automatically. There is no need to edit AT&T settings when you are using the iPhone on AT&T and not an MVNO.
    Actually I need to remove proxy details in settings on it as read on one of the other forums that if you remove few settings from the APN settings, unlimited data plan doesn't get throttled after certain limit. Can you please validate if it is correct and how would I do in such a situation?

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using HoFo mobile app

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,762
    Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by farhan.cma View Post
    I never said I moved from Florida, I said got it from a guy in Florida through transfer of billing responsibility. I hope no more confusions. Recently came from UK to NY.

    Sent with the HoFo App
    This is what you wrote in the other forum. Note the use of "My number" in the quoted message.
    Quote Originally Posted by farhan.cma View Post
    Hello,

    I just transferred my number from Florida market to NY market, they have issued me a NY number and said all my features (like unlimited data plan and unlimited mobile to mobile calls will be transferred over to new number within 48 hours. Did this with At&t chat agent and stored all chat log in pdf. Just want to reconfirm. Anyone tried it? Will appreciate At&t employees answers highly. Thanks

    Sent with the HoFo App

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    739
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    This is what you wrote in the other forum. Note the use of "My number" in the quoted message.
    Sorry mate, I accept my mistake. That must be the PM to someone when I wrote of buying. Oh yeah remember I actually posted in forum looking to buy Verizon grandfathered plan, a guy contacted after I bought it, so I told him about it. I apologise!

    Sent with the HoFo App

Similar Threads

  1. How to change APN settings in IPhone 4
    By jimc28352 in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM
  2. Problem editing APN settings in iphone 3g 8gb
    By justme36 in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
  3. MTS APN Setting's Iphone 4
    By Zack989 in forum MTS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 10:15 AM
  4. Apple iPhone iOS 4 what's safe to jailbreak/unlock?
    By Telekom in forum iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 11:52 AM
  5. Help APN Settings for iPhone 3G
    By gsir618 in forum Bell Mobility
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 09:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •