Thread: Switching between gsm and cdma incredible 2?

Phone
    Droid Razr m xt907
    Carriers
    page plus
    airvoice
    Feedback Score

Switching between gsm and cdma incredible 2?

Hey boz1\whoever hmm.. I have acquired (2) incredible 2's.. but I'm having a hard time having them switching between verizion/page plus and at&t/airvoice or tmobile/lyca.. (without reboot or with!) in fact most times when I'm playing around with it.. I kill my radio and my phone is dead to "any' network..

Can you write the instructions for the setup on cyangenmod 7.2 or other rom's?

Also is there a radio you recommend for the incredible 2.. if so which one?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    When you "kill" your radio, what do you have to do to recover? Just a restart?

I didn't flash a new radio. 1.09.01.0622 is what came with my Inc 2. What radio do you have?

With the stock ROM, you just go in and change from GSM to CDMA and back and it works.

With CM 7.2, to switch from GSM to CDMA, go in and make the setting change. The signal meter will show no bars, but the phone will work like normal. To fix the bars, simply put the phone into airplane mode and then back out. To go from CDMA to GSM, you make the the setting change, and then restart the phone.

Phone
    Droid Razr m xt907
    Carriers
    page plus
    airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    When you "kill" your radio, what do you have to do to recover? Just a restart?
    Nope, currently my radio is dead for any GSM network.. however I have had both tmobile/lyca and easily AT&T working..

I notice that most times the IEME is missing in settings > about

The only network I seem to be able to get up easily (right now) is Verizon..

I didn't flash a new radio. 1.09.01.0622 is what came with my Inc 2. What radio do you have?
    I have no idea won't show up in settings > about or > status

With the stock ROM, you just go in and change from GSM to CDMA and back and it works.
    Umm.. yah I've tried that both with settings > wireless & networking settings > mobile networks > network mode and with *#*#4636#*#*

With CM 7.2, to switch from GSM to CDMA, go in and make the setting change. The signal meter will show no bars, but the phone will work like normal. To fix the bars, simply put the phone into airplane mode and then back out. To go from CDMA to GSM, you make the setting change, and then restart the phone.
    Yah, I need specifics.. ? aka specific instructions..

Half the time I've been using airplane mode.. it seems like that creates some sort of software lockup/bug in the phone..

Phone
    Droid Razr m xt907
    Carriers
    page plus
    airvoice
    Feedback Score
    here are some pictures of my settings.. at this point I think the only thing I know to try is a "factory reset" but something I did seems to have broke the software.. so if you can give me the steps to setting this up once and for all..? (ability to go between Verizon and one gsm provider.. that'd be helpful)

as you can see the phone is currently now stuck in airplane mode with my gsm at&t in it.. I think if I physically pull out the airvoice card.. I can get Verizon back up.. but so far my gsm carriers are now dead and causing issues in the cyangenmod 7.2 o/s

Name:  screenshot-1381252452305.png
Views: 379
Size:  81.8 KBName:  screenshot-1381253391726.png
Views: 371
Size:  102.5 KBName:  screenshot-1381252434143.png
Views: 370
Size:  105.1 KBName:  screenshot-1381252514854.png
Views: 373
Size:  97.3 KBName:  screenshot-1381252411964.png
Views: 374
Size:  84.6 KBName:  screenshot-1381252387191.png
Views: 371
Size:  69.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm no expert. I did my original testing/experimenting on the last Vzw/HTC stock ROM, before rooting and installing CM7.2. I don't know if GSM unlocking is possible after installing CM7.2.

I got a used Inc 2 from an eBay seller, ordered a GSM unlock code from another eBay seller, applied it, inserted my Lycamobile SIM card, and it just worked.

On CM7.2, to switch modes:
    Menu>>Settings>>Wireless&Networks>>Mobile Networks>>Network Mode>>(Either GSM Only Or CDMA / EvDo auto)

I also decided to try the leaked ICS radio, 1.09.01.320, and it also works the same way as I described in my post above.

IMEI only shows on the phone when in GSM mode.

If you can't see your radio (baseband) version, I wonder how you even have CDMA service? Is the field just blank?

Since you're using CM7.2, can't you do a nandroid restore of your last backup before the problem started?
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How long has it been stuck at "Preparing SD Card"? That kind of suggests a problem with the OS overall, not just the radio.

Phone
    Droid Razr m xt907
    Carriers
    page plus
    airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HF305 View Post
    How long has it been stuck at "Preparing SD Card"? That kind of suggests a problem with the OS overall, not just the radio.
    It's not stuck there that I know off.. probably just a too quick screen shot..

I'm no expert. I did my original testing/experimenting on the last Vzw/HTC stock ROM, before rooting and installing CM7.2. I don't know if GSM unlocking is possible after installing CM7.2.
    Well, the unlock comes up "sometimes" and I haven't seen it for ages.. so I think it finally applied..

So are you saying.. you've never flipped between modes in cm7.2?

If you can't see your radio (baseband) version, I wonder how you even have CDMA service? Is the field just blank?

Since you're using CM7.2, can't you do a nandroid restore of your last backup before the problem started?
    Once I take out the att airvoice card.. and get it back on Verizon I'm sure that field will populate, I'll give you the number in a update..

I will check.. I'm still not sure HOW I created this problem..

Phone
    Droid Razr m xt907
    Carriers
    page plus
    airvoice
    Feedback Score
    On CM7.2, to switch modes:
    Menu>>Settings>>Wireless&Networks>>Mobile Networks>>Network Mode>>(Either GSM Only Or CDMA / EvDo auto)
    Okay, when I do this.. after a factory reset and Verizon/page plus working.. it did not immediately kick over to at&t/airvoice.. but after reboot it did? and then I tested kicking over to Verizon and it did.. with 0 bars for some reason.. (something you were talking about earlier?)

With a airplane mode on.. then off.. I got it to show 2 bars.. but it also caused the airplane mode to crash.

When I kicked it back to GSM after all this! I got dead radio X and airplane mode didn't fix... but "a reboot" brought up airvoice wireless...

so, so far.. apparently this process requires a reboot.. (unless going from gsm to cdma) is that your experience?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes, with CM7.2. With the stock ROM, it didn't require a reboot.

Phone
    Droid Razr m xt907
    Carriers
    page plus
    airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Yes, with CM7.2. With the stock ROM, it didn't require a reboot.
    Well, with mine it does.. the only thing I can get to work is gsm to Verizon..