Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered plans being eliminated???

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Any details on how a grandfathered family plan will look like? I hope they accommodate the $5-5GB Preferred Android plans into an equivalent plan when they migrate.

Feedback Score
    The company did force all of it's employees to the new simple choice plan with discounts. I'm not too happy about the change.

Feedback Score
    Received my new rate plan letter on Saturday...
    Was on Even More Plus with 2GB of 4G data for $60/mo.
    Now on "Select value unlimited voice, text with 2.5GB of 4G data for $45/mo" - or at least I will be in November, which is when everything changes.
    The small print mentions that you drop to 2G speeds after the 2.5GB is used up & that you get 50MB data roaming (different quotas depending on your 4G limit). Seems to be the same restrictions that existed before.
    Not sure what I'm going to be losing in the switch. Was never under contract, as I got into EM+ before they made you sign a contract. I'm not thrilled with a change being forced upon me, but I'm quite happy with the 25% reduction in monthly fees for what appears to be the same service (maybe better as I get more data, but I never use that much anyway), so I'm certain I'll get over it!
    Maybe everyone is being transitioned onto a $45 plan – possibly the only thing that changes is the amount of data you get with that plan to reflect what you had before? TMo is probably assuming that the reduced income they'll get from folks like us will be more than made up for in customer service savings by only having to train folks on a few plans going forward.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus14 View Post
    The only thing positive that I can think of is this: theoretically, if people are able to cancel service without penalty, they can renew their grandfathered lines at Best Buy, Costco, Sam's Club, etc and grab phones for subsidized pricing, and then cancel without an early termination fee***.
    I'm pretty sure none of those places sell any dumbphones on contract via t-mobile any more so I don't think it will work re-new a tzones contract any more. Looks like people who got the Nexus 4's last year really lucked out, last truly good upgrade.

Is it just me or did t-mobile just stopped offering plans without ANY data at all? (for family lines) It seems 500mb is forced on you not matter what per line.

Feedback Score
    Yes, but getting a Nexus 4 upgrade would prevent your line from getting the BTV discount. Considering the low retail price of the Nexus directly from Google, I think I lucked out not getting the N4. There was a very small window for about 2 weeks when the N4 was $199 on contract with no rebates. About a month after launch they upped the price $50 less a $50 rebate which TZones users were ineligible for.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    We got a value plan last November. We are paying roughly $85/month before taxes. 3 of the lines have 2GB of data. The other has no data. Going to Simple Choice would be a rate hike for less data so we are completely uninterested in going that route.

Are they migrating Value Plan customers as well? To be honest, the ONLY reason I haven't ported to AT&T is because of the $200 ETF with T-Mobile. If they let us out of our plan with no penalty, we're gone and I don't think we'll ever return.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for the update on this and for posting their plans prior (without tax and corp discount so it's a even comparison)

I pay base (no corp/tax) $110 for 5 lines unlimited t-zones data, text, and barely used minutes with which is the same as uncarrier for only 500MB high speed data. I hope that they do take good care of us super legacy users as we have stuck with t-mobile through thick and thin. Anyone with a family plan get this letter?

Feedback Score
    Well... one of my lines has Pref. Android and the other two have $5 Pref Phone First (so not t-zones) ... I think my strategy will be to go Renew at costco/walmart? Good idea or bad? I can't know unless I know what T-mobile will be offering me...?

Feedback Score
    The most important piece of information - for forcefully converted - what are our plan options $$$ ?

Specifically, I have 3 lines on a family plan, before I know whats the smart choice, I need to know what are their family plan offering.

Phones
    Galaxy S3 Mini
    Nokia 6230i,6200,6300,C5-00,700
    Nokia 6610,8290,5190,3390
    Carrier
    Aerial>VStream>T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Am I interpreting the poster on TMO News correctly in that :
    -All legacy plans are being migrated to Value Plans as default with some special discounts. But Value plans don't qualify for the new free international data roaming etc.
    -The other option is one of the existing simple choice plans
    -But the simple choice plans do not have any loyalty discount

So how does BTV figure into this, and what are the Value Plans (I only see simple choice plans on the TMO website)

Feedback Score
    I have a dtmcsa rate plan and I think this is horrible news. I pay 9.95/month for unlimited data,2500 texts, and 2,000 whenever minutes. Not sure if my plan counts as legacy or "employee" since it is the deuche telecom master corporate service agreement. Anbody think they'll send me a letter and force me to change plans?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglazy View Post
    I have a dtmcsa rate plan and I think this is horrible news. I pay 9.95/month for unlimited data,2500 texts, and 2,000 whenever minutes. Not sure if my plan counts as legacy or "employee" since it is the deuche telecom master corporate service agreement. Anbody think they'll send me a letter and force me to change plans?
    Yes definitely. Especially when newguy78 said they've forced employees over to a simple choice plan. They'd probably rather lose you as a customer than continue to provide service at $10 per month. But maybe they'll have a good offer for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcatm View Post
    -But the simple choice plans do not have any loyalty discount
    You can get a discount with those plans.

Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You can get a discount with those plans.
    Do Corporate Discounts still apply to Simple Choice as well?

Hopefully corporate discounts will apply to these loyalty "select" plans...

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    Do Corporate Discounts still apply to Simple Choice as well?

Hopefully corporate discounts will apply to these loyalty "select" plans...
    Yes they do, off the entire bill unlike most of the other carriers. I believe the temporary loyalty discounts also apply.

Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 52 102 ... LastLast